Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lower level healer(Templar)

Baybaeckz
Baybaeckz
✭✭✭
Looking for help here. I have two healers, one Templar, and one sorcerer. Because I am still leveling as healer, looking for groups as a healer, some people can be REALLY AGRESSIVE that its my fault, and I get it, someone has to take the hit. All I am asking for is where does one get the experience with lower level dungeons to help development? Should I try solo? I really want to be a good healer, and am interested in any and all help available. Any help will be greatly appreciated :smile:
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Be prepared for hate if you're healing, for some people the healer is always at fault.

Your best bet is to join a guild that does fairly regular dungeon runs and seek advice from the more experienced healers. Successful healing strategies can be very group-specific and trying to learn while pugging can be challenging.
    Edited by wayfarerx on June 21, 2016 4:53PM
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Baybaeckz
    Baybaeckz
    ✭✭✭
    thank you ill do that
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you on the PC/NA platform? If so, we can help you out in Lone Wolf Help. We run Group Dungeons often and have a scheduled Monday Night run, and we are not in the habit of blaming anyone for deaths and wipes and the like. We usually laugh at ourselves, dust our selves off and try again. Like last night, I was doing some stupid things with a Boss and got killed a few times. I chided the healer, but took the blame myself for what happened.

If your on that platform and want to join up, send me an email in game. We have a couple of good healers that would mentor you. @wayfarerx is one of them (the same one I chided last night in fact, he always keeps me alive unless I am doing something dumb)
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    ... he always keeps me alive unless I am doing something dumb)

Ha ha, you mean "always keeps me alive unless I am doing something dumb or he is digging through bags and crates while the fight is starting." Thanks crafting bag.

But @Nestor is right in that Lone Wolf dungeon Mondays are always fun and free from all the e-peen, elitist rage quit garbage you can get in pugs.
    Edited by wayfarerx on June 21, 2016 5:50PM
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want a good experience in this game with group play, DO NOT PUG AS A START-UP-HEALER - get friends, get into social guilds and get more friends - run with your friends, and be helpful in general because it pays off.

Socializing is part of getting success in endgame of this game, without that you will be missing a lot. Your network of guilds and friends list will determine how good of an experience you will get as a healer.

Also as a new healer, you should focus on levelling skill lines and skills up. You will need restoration staff and destruction staff levelled for pve healing.
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on June 21, 2016 8:29PM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I suggest going to PvP.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a good guide with input from the community on Healing

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/108629/tips-for-healers/p1

Its an older guide, and some skills have changed a little, however the Theory is still the same

Edited by Nestor on June 21, 2016 8:56PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"