The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

EU to NA transfer.. no access to my expansions?

Taruha
Taruha
✭✭✭
I logged on to the NA server and to my dismay and distress all of the items I have bought on the crown store,
bar the Imperial Edition is for some strange reason not available to me. This is either one of two things,
a major and horrible oversight by the dev team or a deliberate and frankly intolerable act.
I as a customer, that have spent my own money on the crown store on unlocking both armours and expansions..
playing the same game on the same account am for some odd reason not allowed to access my purchased items simply because I am playing on the NA server? Please tell me this is not deliberate and if it is not I'd suggest to fix it as soon as possible.
Kind Regards Taruha.
Edited by Taruha on April 13, 2016 2:38PM
_-PC-_
-=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
-=Nelaren Mosswind DC EU Stamina Nightblade=-
-=Laura Desario DC EU Dragonknight=-
-=Marni Bleakwood AD EU Stamina Templar=-
-=Jealine Murow DC EU Magica Nightblade=-
http://www.op-cast.com (Give us a listen if you're into RP and ESO lore!)
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seen a couple of topics about this but have yet to see a Dev response, would be nice to get answer! Imo those who have paid for something should have access to it regardless of which server they are on (it's still the same game). It's quite common for PvPers and RPers, etc to frequent between both NA and EU. Even unlocks in SW:TOR were account wide..so hopefully this is an oversight that will be changed! :)
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything is seperate between all servers. NA / EU / PC / console.

The devs made a statement forever ago about this. But basically, anything you buy on a specific server is only good on that server.
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭

The devs made a statement forever ago about this. But basically, anything you buy on a specific server is only good on that server.

See I get the divide between Console/PC/MAC. That's fine, but we're talking about expansions for PC bought on one account not being able to access it on NA even though people have access to the Explorer pack and Imperial Edition.
    Surely if you can access those they can make it so you don't have to buy the expansions twice on one account.. simply because you'd like to play on the NA server and the EU server. Personally I think that's a bit scummy even to expect someone
    to buy the expansions twice on one account.
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭
    I am also writing here because I want, and hope that it will change. Because it's a terrible way to treat your customer.
    It's your real life money spent on an expansion for a game you love, and for some reason you're being told you can't access it simply because
    of it being allocated to a different time zone? If anything there should be a disclaimer for when you purchase things on the crowns store that this item will only be available to you on the EU realm.
    Edited by Taruha on April 13, 2016 3:12PM
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taruha wrote: »

See I get the divide between Console/PC/MAC. That's fine, but we're talking about expansions for PC bought on one account not being able to access it on NA even though people have access to the Explorer pack and Imperial Edition.
    Surely if you can access those they can make it so you don't have to buy the expansions twice on one account.. simply because you'd like to play on the NA server and the EU server. Personally I think that's a bit scummy even to expect someone

Yeah, you would think that would be the case. But they specifically said that every variation / combination is seperate. Including crowns...

Can't remember if they gave a reason for this or not.
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭
    It's not though, because I still have my crowns on the NA server and a few unlocks.. It seems like a major oversight.
    Or just terrible behaviour from the devs.
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest problem I have with it is that it's not consistent.

If you purchased something through the website or it was added to your account via a code (like the explorers pack items) then you'll have it on both the NA and EU servers. ESO Plus also carries over. But items bought in the crown store don't.

This is especially confusing with things like the Imperial Edition upgrade and Any Race, Any Alliance which are (or have been) available both ways. If I switch to the NA server I'll have both available to me. If someone who bought the game a month later and had to get them through the crown store switches servers they won't have either. Just because of where they were purchased.

IMO the most logical solution would be to make all crown store purchases which are 'account wide' unlocks (like mounts, costumes, DLC etc.) available on both servers and only restrict the ones which are single-use items like riding lessons and food (since there's no way to send them between servers).

But if that's genuinely not possible for some technical reason (and not just because they're holding out hope a minority of the minority of players who play on both servers will buy things twice) then it'd be better to be consistent at least and make everything server specific.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, you would think that would be the case. But they specifically said that every variation / combination is seperate. Including crowns...

Crowns are not separate. If you buy crowns they'll appear on both servers and if you spend them on one they'll be removed from both. It's just the items you buy with them that are server specific.

E.g. say I buy 5,500 crowns. If I log into EU and then NA it'll say I have 5,500 on both servers. If I buy a 1,000 crown costume pack on NA and then switch back to EU I will only have 4,500 crowns left but no costumes.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Taruha
    Taruha
    ✭✭✭
    It's rather annoying, and pointless to have a system like that in place.. or the lack of a system it would rather seem.
    I say if you spend your own money on getting crowns the unlocks for the items such as costumes, expansions and mounts should be bound to account not server.
    _-PC-_
    -=Edelina EP EU Sorc=-
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that anything that can be considered an "Account Upgrade" (Imperial Edition, DLCs) should be available on both servers. Unfortunately that isn't the case. The official information goes like this:

Why can't I access my DLC on both ESO servers?
    Crown Store purchases are server specific. As such, upgrades such as the Imperial upgrade or the DLC game packs are server specific as well. In order to play the content on both servers, you must purchase the content on both servers.

Do my crowns and purchased items come with me if I switch megaservers?
    PC/Mac and console players can play on either the North America or European megaservers, and crowns carry over from one server to the other. However, all items purchased via the Crown Store are only available on the server where they were purchased. For example, if you buy a pet on the North American megaserver, it will only be available when playing on the North American megaserver. If you want the pet to be available when playing on the European megaserver, you will need to purchase that pet on the European server.

This may be the case to encourage purchase of ESO Plus, since ESO Plus does carry between servers and allows you to play the DLC on both servers. With that caveat, it's only the Imperial Edition that doesn't work properly, and as Danikat said above, I do consider that an error (even if it is technically intentional), since before the Crown Store existed, buying the Imperial Upgrade (for the same price) would apply it account-wide.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, they had a warning that items bought from crown store apply only in server you are currently playing. I have accepted it and I don't really have need to switch server, although it would be nice to keep them no matter which server you are in.
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

Crowns are not separate. If you buy crowns they'll appear on both servers and if you spend them on one they'll be removed from both. It's just the items you buy with them that are server specific.

E.g. say I buy 5,500 crowns. If I log into EU and then NA it'll say I have 5,500 on both servers. If I buy a 1,000 crown costume pack on NA and then switch back to EU I will only have 4,500 crowns left but no costumes.

I'll have to look into this. I lost crowns when I transferred.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I logged on to the NA server and to my dismay and distress all of the items I have bought on the crown store,
    bar the Imperial Edition is for some strange reason not available to me. This is either one of two things,
    a major and horrible oversight by the dev team or a deliberate and frankly intolerable act.
    I as a customer, that have spent my own money on the crown store on unlocking both armours and expansions..
    playing the same game on the same account am for some odd reason not allowed to access my purchased items simply because I am playing on the NA server? Please tell me this is not deliberate and if it is not I'd suggest to fix it as soon as possible.
    Kind Regards Taruha.

They dont transfer.I am on NA server,and when I went into the EU server,I got in and all my mounts,costumes and mods werent there.Nothing.All the stuff in my bank wasnt there either.
  • shadowwraith666
    shadowwraith666
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the only way to make stuff bought from the crown store i.e DLC non-server specific is to make the crown store accessible outwith the game, the reason crowns are non-server specific is because they can only be bought or given (with ESO+) outwith the game either through the website or PSN/XBL marketplace.

Anything bought from the crown store (including DLC) is server bound because your logged into that server (either NA or EU) from the moment you get to the character select screen, also created characters are server-bound because of this same reason.

Only your account profile is non-server specific because it's created outside the game or through a global account server.
    • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
    • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
    • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
    • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
    Spill some blood for me dear brother
    Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    The biggest problem I have with it is that it's not consistent.

If you purchased something through the website or it was added to your account via a code (like the explorers pack items) then you'll have it on both the NA and EU servers. ESO Plus also carries over. But items bought in the crown store don't.

This is especially confusing with things like the Imperial Edition upgrade and Any Race, Any Alliance which are (or have been) available both ways. If I switch to the NA server I'll have both available to me. If someone who bought the game a month later and had to get them through the crown store switches servers they won't have either. Just because of where they were purchased.

IMO the most logical solution would be to make all crown store purchases which are 'account wide' unlocks (like mounts, costumes, DLC etc.) available on both servers and only restrict the ones which are single-use items like riding lessons and food (since there's no way to send them between servers).

But if that's genuinely not possible for some technical reason (and not just because they're holding out hope a minority of the minority of players who play on both servers will buy things twice) then it'd be better to be consistent at least and make everything server specific.

Yeah the inconsistency is what bugs me. The crowns carry over, the ESO+ does too, but nothing else. It is probably possible to link some simple values like "owns x, y, z dlc" to wherever they store the fact that you are/aren't subbed, but the work itself might be a hassle and having it the way it is promotes subbing. So basically more work to sell people less. I don't see any incentive for them to do anything at all.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Eshenya
    Eshenya
    ✭✭
    I know this is a slightly older thread but I must say I just found out about it too and am dismayed. I initially got the eso+ membership because one of the loading screen tool tips said that any items bought in the crown store were account bound and available for ALL characters of that account. As I have characters on both servers I was under the presumption that all items purchased as well as the crowns themselves would be for both servers. So now I am left feeling ripped off.
    Should it not be changed I will discontinue my subscription as I am frequenting both servers and this is pure moneymaking and treating customers as cash cows which is a truly abhorrent business practice.
    Edited by Eshenya on June 21, 2016 3:53PM
    This one does not appreciate txt tlk, elitism and foul language.
  • ForfiniteStories
    ForfiniteStories
    ✭✭✭
    I made a topic about this sometime last week. I refuse to purchase anything from the Crown Store or even acquire ESO+ until I am given a good reason or more as to why I should "pay twice for a single product" or until they make most items in the Crown Store account-wide, especially DLCs.

It sucks though, because I would love to buy some of these things and support the game.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/272876/why-im-reluctant-to-purchase-from-the-crown-store-friendly-feedback-constructive-criticism#latest