Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mac Freezes when QUIT game

Wookyenub18_ESO
Since Thieves Guild release, if I am logged into the game for more than 2 or 3 hours , when I QUIT, the screen freezes.
[I’m not sure of the threshold time, but it never happens in short sessions, always in 4+ hour sessions.]
I play in Windowed Fullscreen mode so I have to power off the iMac. Unless before quitting I switch to Windowed, in which case I can Cmd-TAB to the Finder and Force Quit.
Still happening with DB. iMac 27” 5K (late 2015)

[Note on game stability on my Mac: Since TG I have had about 6 crashes in-game. Each seemed different and random, not related to a wayshrine or transit. That’s about 1 crash every 75 hours]
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've also had this happen a number of times (though I haven't seen it yet on DB), but when I hold [command]-[option]-[esc] it closes out (doesn't even bring up the force-quite dialog). This is with windowed fullscreen.
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same happens to me quite often. The only thing to do is force quit. Also, my sound preferences aren't being saved. I have to turn the game sound down every time I log into the game. Changes are never saved between sessions.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    Delsskia wrote: »
    Also, my sound preferences aren't being saved. I have to turn the game sound down every time I log into the game. Changes are never saved between sessions.

I was having the same issue, so had a look at my user settings.txt file (right click & Get Info) and noticed it had privilege settings set as Read only instead of Read & Write. I changed it to R&W a couple of days ago and sound settings have stuck.

Interestingly, I also noticed that the Set Lua Memory value had changed from the previous one of 512 (that I had set) to 0 and the modified date of the file was when I logged off just before the server came down today (I had made no settings changes in the session whatsoever). This 'unrequested' change to LUA memory appears to be triggered by the client and I'm sure is why a number are having issues with crashes and Add-On's in general. The LUA memory setting should only be changed manually (assuming you use no add-on memory managers - which I don't) as far as I'm aware, so I question why this has happened to me more than once since back at TG launch. I may well, now that I've changed my sound values, make this file locked once again to prevent the client making changes that I'm not aware of.
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The LUA memory setting should only be changed manually (assuming you use no add-on memory managers - which I don't) as far as I'm aware, so I question why this has happened to me more than once since back at TG launch.
    TG introduced the 64-bit client. All of a sudden, it had way more memory available than before, so there could have been changes to the internal LUA memory management as well, because technically, the latter should no longer need a hard cap, but could manage things a lot more dynamically. Anyway, there have been reports back in the middle of march that people suddenly found their LUA memory values changed, either to the old default of 64 MB, or to 0. An explanation as to why this happens still hasn't been found.

• tfraley
    tfraley
    Seems to happen to me pretyt offten as well, have to force quit the game as well
  • Windshadow_ESO
    Windshadow_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    i get the freeze which also cause the zenmax crash reporter so it too must be force quit i see it after a long session when i log out to char select select another toon then i get screen goes to white and i have to force quit both ego and zen reporter.