Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bought a vampire bite, can't find Vorundil.

iksarbonemage
Bought a vampire bite from the Crown store, want to do the quest line "Scion of the Blood Matron" anyway but can't find Vorundil to start the quest.

He does not appear for me around any of the entrances to Riften (I'm Ebonheart Pact), nor any Wayshrine. It's maddening!

Pleas halp.
  • Elsir
    Elsir
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you buy the skill line from the crown store, there is no quest to complete. You are immediately transformed and gain the skill line. If you had the quest active already when you bought the crown store vampire bite, I would suggest just dropping the quest because it's useless to you, as shown by the fact you can't actually complete it since you ARE a vampire already from buying the skill line.
    Anna (AKA: Elsir)
    Templar
  • iksarbonemage
    Elsir wrote: »
    If you buy the skill line from the crown store, there is no quest to complete.

Ah, that's what I feared.

I wish it told you that in the description of the vampire bite in the Crown store, I might not have bought it.

Thanks.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol why would you buy it in the crown store if you had the quest active? You can complete the quest @ lvl 3...
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • iksarbonemage
    Duiwel wrote: »
    lol why would you buy it in the crown store if you had the quest active? You can complete the quest @ lvl 3...

I didn't have the quest before purchasing the bite (never had the quest), that's what I get for reading too much about the game before playing, though nowhere in the literature did it mention purchasing the bite prevented you enjoying the quest...

I've already almost maxxed the Vampirism skill line anyway, wanted to do the quest because it looks like fun.

Whatever. Not a big deal; I'll cure this toon and contract the disease in the normal way or make a new character. My original post was about not finding Vorundil, the npc who starts the Vampirism quest, and we have resolved that issue to my satisfaction.
  • AClockworkLime
    AClockworkLime
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, it really stinks that they don't tell you that you'll be denied the fun of the quest if you go with the store option. I thought I was supporting the company by buying the "bite" from them rather than some random player (and trying to find a spawn location whenever they occur before everyone else is a fool's errand; I really didn't want to have to potentially wait weeks for it).

But nope, boom, screw you if you actually wanted to do the quest that goes along with the storyline. No warning, no option, nothing.

Pretty disappointing. Going to see if I can get a refund for it, but I won't be at all surprised if the answer is "sorry, chump."