Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help with a Magicka Nightblade :)

Actually_Goku
Actually_Goku
✭✭✭✭
Hey guys,

First up, the end game here is PVP, in almost all games I only play PVE with end-game PVP optimisation in mind.

I've played a tank DK, Magicka Sorc, SK and Templar, Stamplar, and I'm currently building a Stam DK.

I levelled a Stamblade up to about level 15 then decided I couldn't stand being a too FOTM-type player, and when I went to Cyrodiil, I swear at least 60% of players were Stamblades.

Something that has intrigued me though, is Magicka Nightblade. I'll be honest, the Nightblade class skills seem the most complex. Could someone with Magblade experience give me an idea of a basic rotation in PVP? Obviously Mass Hysteria is one of the better CC in the game, but I'm having trouble understanding where you get your bread and butter DPS from without running a Destro staff?

Any Magblade insight here would be very appreciated!
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well for pvp, I tend to run dw and resto for maximum damage. But our bread and butter dps skills include Funnel Health for range attacking and Conceal Weapon for melee, however be warned if you don't have the damage or sustain Conceal will not be enough to kill skilled player as which case you would need combine other abilities with this one to be able to effectively kill.
  • Nirnrotten
    Nirnrotten
    ✭✭✭
    Sap essence is another great aoe dps skill and it provides Major Sorcery while healing! I've killed players as a Vampire with Clouding Swarm and Sap essence in seconds. They don't know what's going on lol

• Actually_Goku
    Actually_Goku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do either of you guys run a Destro staff? And I'm assuming you use Impale as an execute?
  • Nirnrotten
    Nirnrotten
    ✭✭✭
    I've ran Destro/Resto, DW/Destro, and DW/Resto. All work really well. DW/Destro is great damage but keeping yourself alive can be tricky with only NB skills. For PVP I recommend having a Resto on your back bar tho. Healing Ward and or Rapid Regen/Mutagen go a very long way when surviving.

Impale is a hard hitting execute but if you get your opponent to 25% chances are you can drop them pretty easily without one. Up to you though. I slot it sometimes for the extra crit and mana recovery if you kill an enemy with it.
    Edited by Nirnrotten on June 17, 2016 4:12PM
  • Actually_Goku
    Actually_Goku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I might go a Breton NB, Vamp for spell resist, sustain and survivability. Seems a good jack of all trades type of build with good potential to 1vx and 1v1.