Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Enchanting

timmayyyboy
timmayyyboy
✭✭
Does anybody else notice the big gap between champion point 100 enchantments and champion point 150 enchantments? Did theh take away the "v11-v14" enchantments with DB update?
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes there is only a CP100 glyph now to cover that entire range.

But I think there is a mechanism that increases the stats of the glyph as it is placed on each higher level of gear, or at least increases the value of the enchant, but I haven't mapped it yet to confirm.

• Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the lowest enchants i can find are cp70 minimum. i need cp60 enchants for the gear i just crafted. im lost as to where to find these
  • timmayyyboy
    timmayyyboy
    ✭✭
    Cam anybody tag the zeni person in charge of answering this? I dont know who it is
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »
    the lowest enchants i can find are cp70 minimum. i need cp60 enchants for the gear i just crafted. im lost as to where to find these

@Makkir Where are you looking? Guild Kiosks or NPC Enchanters? If the latter, try the next zone down and see what they have. There was a somewhat narrow range that the Enchanters in each zone sold at, so maybe that got narrowed?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

@Makkir Where are you looking? Guild Kiosks or NPC Enchanters? If the latter, try the next zone down and see what they have. There was a somewhat narrow range that the Enchanters in each zone sold at, so maybe that got narrowed?

@Nestor
    NPC enchants. I am CP135. I have checked major city in every single zone to which I have access. I am AD and my starting zone was Auridon. I check there and the only enchants sold are CR70 and CR100. I am FAIRLY certain these vendors are scaling with level. As I mentioned, I have a level 10 alt and I logged in out of curiosity. The vendor had level 1 and level 10 enchants.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Makkir

Lets see, based on the Enchant Level, is this the first zone of Gold? I would expect to see CP60 Enchants in either the last zone of Silver or the first zone of Gold.

I also wonder, since the mid level vet glyphs were pretty similar, or even the same, that they just offer a few levels for sale now. I do seem to remember that there was no real reason to make say a Vet3 Enchant over a Vet1 Enchant for a while, even more so going from Vet3 to like Vet8 (CP30 to CP80 in the new scheme) It has been a long time since I made any mid level Vet Enchants (since there was no real difference in either Enchants or the Gear I would put them on)

You may have to make the darn things, or get a crafter to make them for you. If your PC/NA, I can do that for you. If you can make them, que up some different potencies and see if there is any difference now between the levels.

It maybe that CP10 or CP30 Enchants (first or second Silver Zone) would offer the same as what a CP60 Enchant would, if you could buy it.

• Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is on XB1. I only have my silver zone unlocked (which is EP territory). My toon is AD. My starting zone is Auridon, EP's starting silver zone is Stonefalls. So far so good? The enchanter vendors in both those cities only sell CP100 and CP70 enchants. OK. There is no lower zone for me to visit. So I think with DB, it looks like the vendors scale with your level. I say this, because I logged on a level 10 EP alt...and the starting zone (Stonefalls) had level 1 and level 10 enchants.
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Makkir

It maybe that CP10 or CP30 Enchants (first or second Silver Zone) would offer the same as what a CP60 Enchant would, if you could buy it.

My whole point here is I can only currently craft CP60 gear even though my toon is CP135. I can't use a CP70 enchant and since CP70 is the lowest I can find on any NPC vendor...I am a bit screwed for enchanting my gear. I don't have more than 1 or 2 pts invested in Enchanting either, so what I see on a vendor for sale is not tied to that.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Makkir

My whole point here is I can only currently craft CP60 gear even though my toon is CP135. I can't use a CP70 enchant and since CP70 is the lowest I can find on any NPC vendor...I am a bit screwed for enchanting my gear. I don't have more than 1 or 2 pts invested in Enchanting either, so what I see on a vendor for sale is not tied to that.

@Makkir Go buy some potencies for the proper level and ask an Enchanter to make the glyphs for you.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom are there plans to offer all levels of glyphs at the enchanters?

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah...it looks like what you're seeing is tied to your character's level, if you can't find anything for sale that's less than CP70.

I'd check this out myself and see what I can purchase as CP 257, but that character is stuck in Orsinium. After crashing to desktop a dozen times trying to load her last night, I gave up.
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Makkir

@Makkir Go buy some potencies for the proper level and ask an Enchanter to make the glyphs for you.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom are there plans to offer all levels of glyphs at the enchanters?

No, it'd be a lot smarter to just grind out clothier so I can craft the next tier of armor. Really this just an inconvenience. It kind of prevents you from using your high level toon to make/enchant gear for your lower level alts. It's almost like ZOS wants each of your characters to be self sufficient and craft/enchant their own stuff AS THEY LEVEL.
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭

@Nestor
    NPC enchants. I am CP135. I have checked major city in every single zone to which I have access. I am AD and my starting zone was Auridon. I check there and the only enchants sold are CR70 and CR100. I am FAIRLY certain these vendors are scaling with level. As I mentioned, I have a level 10 alt and I logged in out of curiosity. The vendor had level 1 and level 10 enchants.

Only read as far as this post, if no one else has mentioned it you can go to any Enchanter in a DLC zone, since your battle leveled their and all the vendor items scale to your level.

You can also purchase them from the cyrodil enchant vendor but costs AP. Be careful with the glyphs bought in cyrodil though, they are sketchy. I was vr12 before DB and anytime I bought glyphs from cyrodil they gave a much smaller bonus for some reason.. Not sure if it was intended or if it is still the same