Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorc Dualwield build suggestions?

Stewart1874
Stewart1874
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey all,

I'm pretty aware these threads are probably the bane of everybody's life as far as this forum goes so apologies in advance.

Basically I'm a bit bored of playing as a sorcerer and was recently booted from a dungeon because my 'DPS sucks ass'.

I am a high elf sorcerer with vampirism looking to adopt a dualwield play style. I am champion 93 and have 64 attribute points to allocate. The vampirism must remain. I am flexible about the back up weapon.

Could someone suggest a set up for this ?

(Apologies if this comes across as excessively blunt I wanted to easily set out the facts to make it less of a pain in the ass).

In short I am a bit of a noob and I don't entirely grasp how to set the character up in the most efficient way possible.

Thanks folks, any help would be much appreciated
PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you are keen to make a Stam Sorc, timing wise that's kinda good as the DB changes leans towards stamina a bit. Search this forum or YouTube for Stam sorcerer builds and that would get you sorted.

Unless you mean you want to remain magika build and use dual wield just to boost your damage? In which case it kinda only works on the back bar or a damage bar with your spammables etc on a staff bar

What you aiming to do? pvE / PvP / raged Dps OR melee etc
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, When I got bored of my sorc build I went full pet build for the novelty factor, kinda fun for a bit and lets have just got a bit better too. Again not 'best DPS' meta but sounds like u want a change
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A dual wield Magicka Sorc isn't viable in DB since we don't have a class spammable. So you have to spam mages fury or its morph to proc the insta cast on Crystal Frags to make duel wield work which is a DPS loss without a class spammable( since mages fury is bad dps ability above 20% health)as a magicka sorc you have to use destro staves just to barley keep up. You might wanna try stam sorc and go 2 handed but honestly I would just reroll another class sorcs are just lackluster.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Sounds like you are keen to make a Stam Sorc, timing wise that's kinda good as the DB changes leans towards stamina a bit. Search this forum or YouTube for Stam sorcerer builds and that would get you sorted.

Unless you mean you want to remain magika build and use dual wield just to boost your damage? In which case it kinda only works on the back bar or a damage bar with your spammables etc on a staff bar

What you aiming to do? pvE / PvP / raged Dps OR melee etc

The stamsorc sounds pretty interesting. I usually just play PvE and I'm usually playing by myself so really I'm looking for a set up which allows me to pretty comfortably hold my own.

If theres anymore you want to add that would be great but I'm going to check out the stamsorc builds now and see what I fancy.

Cheers man!
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion