Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Question about farming nodes

BuffaloSpaceman
Ok so I don't quite understand how drop rates and your skill points work.

So of I am farming Wrothgar and I see a Rubedite ore vein, it will always be Rubedite. If i see an Iron ore. It will always be iron ore unless I've got points into the first passive in that skill line? But if I've got 10 points in it it will always be Rubedite?

Also with Runestones now, there a chance of getting all 3 types, but do any of the passives effect what quality runes I get? If I've got no points in enchanting will I never get a Kuta from the runes?

Not quite sure how it works. Thanks for clarification.
  • FerrumnCutem
    FerrumnCutem
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 0 points in enchanting except for the better quality use, and O find a kuta everyday.
    If you are lvl 1 and you have 10 points in blacksmithing, you get rubedite half of the time and iron the other half. When you reach cp 150 and have 10 points in blacksmithing it will always always be rubedite
  • MasterGohan
    MasterGohan
    ✭✭
    Yes you're Enchanting passive will effect what runes you get but it will only effect what Potency runes you get. If you have no point in Potency Improvement then 50% of the time you will get Jora, Jode, Porade and Notade runes. The other 50% of the time you will get runes comparable to your character level. But again this is only with Potency runes. They have a much lower chance to drop though. Crafting nodes in the dlc areas work exactly the same.
  • BuffaloSpaceman
    Yes you're Enchanting passive will effect what runes you get but it will only effect what Potency runes you get. If you have no point in Potency Improvement then 50% of the time you will get Jora, Jode, Porade and Notade runes. The other 50% of the time you will get runes comparable to your character level. But again this is only with Potency runes. They have a much lower chance to drop though. Crafting nodes in the dlc areas work exactly the same.

Are Rekuta and Kuta potency runes? They seem to be the only runes of any value as far as I know.
  • Galerand
    Galerand
    Soul Shriven
    Rekuta (purple) and Kuta (gold) are Aspect Runes (round type). They affect the quality of the finished Glyph, and as such can be paired with any Potency and Essence Rune.