Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Soul Gems not working

Eshenya
Eshenya
✭✭
I made a new character and went straight to do the thieves guild quests. I went to the Thrall Cove and when I died there during the boss battle, I was unable to revive using Soul Gems.
I was not in a team and I had 4 filled Petty Soul Gems as well as 1 Grand Soul Gem on me (I'm level 8 on that character), and although I had the option to use a soul gem it was greyed out as if i didn't have one on me.
Why's that?

Thanks in advance!
This one does not appreciate txt tlk, elitism and foul language.
  • Madness1
    Madness1
    ✭✭✭
    Eshenya wrote: »
    I made a new character and went straight to do the thieves guild quests. I went to the Thrall Cove and when I died there during the boss battle, I was unable to revive using Soul Gems.
    I was not in a team and I had 4 filled Petty Soul Gems as well as 1 Grand Soul Gem on me (I'm level 8 on that character), and although I had the option to use a soul gem it was greyed out as if i didn't have one on me.
    Why's that?

Thanks in advance!

Were/are the Soul Gems filled? Remember if they're not then you won't be able to use them as for all intents and purposes they're empty. If they were filled then I'm not sure, it sounds like a bug. Doing a quick search made me come across several posts on these forums and and others with no solutions. Maybe doing your own search will lead to better results.
    What is the color of night?
    What is the color of the fox?
    Hail Sithis.
  • Eshenya
    Eshenya
    ✭✭
    Madness1 wrote: »
    Eshenya wrote: »
    Why's that?

Thanks in advance!

Were/are the Soul Gems filled? Remember if they're not then you won't be able to use them as for all intents and purposes they're empty. If they were filled then I'm not sure, it sounds like a bug. Doing a quick search made me come across several posts on these forums and and others with no solutions. Maybe doing your own search will lead to better results.

Please read what you quote before replying. I stated in my original post already that they were filled.
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to say you probably need a Grand Soul Gems since it's a leveled area, but you say you have a filled Grand Soul Gem as well...

So now I am thinking it's a bug? I would double check to make certain it's a filled Grand Soul Gem, then put in a ticket.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Eshenya
    Eshenya
    ✭✭
    SolarCat02 wrote: »
    I was going to say you probably need a Grand Soul Gems since it's a leveled area, but you say you have a filled Grand Soul Gem as well...

So now I am thinking it's a bug? I would double check to make certain it's a filled Grand Soul Gem, then put in a ticket.

Yes it's filled...
    Haven't died again yet so don't know if it was a temporary glitch.. will see.