Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No Idea What to Do at 30 CP

Page
Page
Soul Shriven
I've recently come back to the game and am trying to pick up where I left off with the leveling process. Last I played I was in the third zone of my Cadwell's Silver at some VR, I don't recall. I log back in and have 22 CP, I've since ground out another 8. Every enemy in my 3rd zone is CP 100 and I can barely kill two of them. I tried going back to my first Silver Zone, they're all CP 40 but I have all my quests complete, in fact the whole map complete for the first two except Bosses because I couldn't solo them. I cannot quest in my 3rd zone as any boss enemy will destroy me.

Do I have to grind 70 more CPs on just enemies? I remember before I quit that the Silver Zones were giving me higher VR Gear than I was, even though I wasn't rushing through them and doing everything I could for XP. Is this game's leveling curve just horribly broken? I'm not really interested in grinding 70 CP so I can start equipping gear and doing Quests again but it seems like there is not other PvE content.

I'm pretty lost at this point. Anything I can do that I'm missing or is my character just between a rock and a hard place?
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    go grind somewhere until you are like 50-75. Then you should be okay. Go grind in the silver zones, probably your best bet.
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Page
    Page
    Soul Shriven
    So it's supposed to be like that? I don't think I'll be okay since I have no gear except vendor greens, I obviously did all my quests in the previous two zones so no gear from them. And the stuff in my current zone requires 100 CP. So I'll be mildly stronger due to increased CP but I doubt it will make much difference.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Find a spot where you can comfortably grind and work on getting some more CP, if for nothing else than for better gear. Honestly getting to 160+ isn't bad nowadays with enlightenment and catchup mechanic.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Page
    Page
    Soul Shriven
    Do the DLC Missions give XP? Honestly grinding mobs is pretty boring and not something I'm that interested in doing for so many CPs.
  • AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭
    Page wrote: »
    Do the DLC Missions give XP? Honestly grinding mobs is pretty boring and not something I'm that interested in doing for so many CPs.

Yes they do. Orsinium would be great to get those CP. Main quests, side quests, two delves, dailies
  • Martinus72
    Martinus72
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's no need to grind at any point nowadays, just go to Orsinium - dailies only consisting 6 world bosses plus delve will get you to 100cp in no time.
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    There are world boss dailies in each of the DLC zones, there are also undaunted dailies if you want to do group content. Also there is a large xp reward for doing random GF dungeons. Largest for 1st run each day, smaller for additional runs. Thieves guild and dark brotherhood also have 2 thematic dailies associated with each of the 2 guilds.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis