Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CP level and EXP gain

GCypher87
GCypher87
✭✭✭
I had a question about CP and gaining exp. Does it work like vet levels still? So like if I'm CP 70 killing mobs in a CP 10 zone, do I get exp or no?
PC: @Cyffr
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes you still get XP but at a reduced rate - I think from memory, the level difference you quoted gives 30% of normal XP (more than 50CP level difference).

The good news is that for XP purposes, CP160 is the max. That means you can have as many CP over and above 160 as you like but will only count as CP160 for XP purposes. This means that people at the current CP cap of 501 can still get full XP from all zones CP110 or greater.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Quest Exp is still full scale and fat no matter how over leveled you are, assuming these are Silver and Gold zone quests.

@Elephant42 You are correct in that if your more than 50 CPs over the mobs, you get 33% (30%?) of the Exp. The nice thing is, the last two zones of Silver have high enough ranked mobs that you get full Exp for those Mob Kills.

So, in your case OP, the only 3 zones you will be getting less exp in for mob kills are the first 3 zones of Silver, but again, the quests are full exp. Of course, you don't get any Exp for the Leveling zone mobs, and the quest exp is less for those too.
    Edited by Nestor on June 15, 2016 10:33PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• GCypher87
    GCypher87
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome thanks for the answers guys.
    PC: @Cyffr