Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NB or Sorc? - PvE solo char, Dual Wield Khajiit

Tekyn
Tekyn
✭✭✭
So I decided to reroll and I'm having trouble deciding which character to dedicate time to, the Sorc or the NB. My basic layouts are below. I know they aren't ideal for grouping or PvP. Like I said, I mostly solo. I'm also fairly lazy.

NB - Blood Craze, Bloodthirst, Shrouded Daggers, Reaper's Mark, Camouflaged Hunter, and either Soul Tether or WW for ult.

Sorc - Bloodthirst, Shrouded Daggers, Critical Surge, Bound Armaments, Camouflaged Hunter, and either Flawless Dawnbreaker or WW for ult.

The NB setup there has served me fairly well in the past. Between Reaper's Mark and Soul Tether I can keep him up for just about everything short of some world bosses. I haven't played much with the DB skill changes, so I'm hoping Bloodthirst will give him the little bit more healing he needs.

I've never played a Sorc before, so I'm not too sure on that one. The only reason Bound Armaments is in the mix is because of the Summoned passive that gives 20% all regens while an ability is slotted. Not sure if it'll be worth having or not. I'm also not sure if Shrouded Daggers is worth keeping as my AoE/ranged ability since Surge already gives the 20% damage bonus. I couldn't really find anything better. With the changes to Surge (since last I looked at it) since it no longer scales off of damage done I'm guessing Dual is a better bet than 2h, especially if I'm stacking crit through the roof.

Basically, I realized that my old main is only using one NB ability after going WW, and I'm wondering if it isn't worth switching to a different class.
  • Tekyn
    Tekyn
    ✭✭✭
    Oh... I had also considered just switching out the class abilities (Surge instead of Mark) and changing Flurry to the damage version for the Sorc.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB, oh and nerf sorc more
  • Tekyn
    Tekyn
    ✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    NB, oh and nerf sorc more

Any reasoning there, or just blind class loyalty?
  • Tekyn
    Tekyn
    ✭✭✭
    Any input would be helpful.
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB, focus on crit build. Khajiits get like a 6% racial passive increase on crit, you can end up getting 90+ critical %.

Also Khajiits are the ones typically to run Night mother for trials (only one person should run night mother in a group).
    Master Debater
  • Tekyn
    Tekyn
    ✭✭✭
    @Smasherx74

I'll be doing a crit build either way, with medium armor and dual wield. All of that goes for both chars.