Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Zos shouldn't add race change!!

• TrueGreenSmoker
    TrueGreenSmoker
    ✭✭✭
    Everybody want the OP builds and they should put it in people who dont care they just play people who do care they can change it.. and especially if ZoS can make money off it they will character slots you had 8 now they changed it so you can have 12 4 slots to buy with crowns 1.5K each slot

I actually agree with the OP's sentiment. They should make it so race is less important to your build, or find ways to add other things in game that work around the issue. It is a little stupid how much better an Altmer mage is than a Khajiit Mage. While there was -some- advantage in the TES standalone games, it was never this stark.

I seen a Khajiit Sorc who was pretty good she knew what to do and how to play me and my friend laught but the damage was pretty good i have to say i want to duel her on my DC Sorc thats a High Elf. but as i said people can choose to buy it or not you know not everybody has to get the OP builds i myself i wont change any of my characters because i look up and read the passives of each race and class before i choose a race and class and alot of people who make build videos will say what is the top 2-3 to use as race

PS4 - NA - CP 859+
    #1 Magicka Sorc - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen
    #2 Magicka DK - AD - Dark Elf - Vampire - Flamy Burnin Alot
    #3 Magicka Temp - AD - High Elf - Vampire - TrueGreen Temp
    #4 Magicka NB - AD - Breton - Vampire - Magic of the Night
    #5 Magicka Sorc - DC - High Elf - Vampire - High Old Elf
    #6 Stamina Sorc - EP - Orc - Normal - Original Herbalist
    #7 Stamina NB - AD - Redguard - Vampire - Gank and Blaze
    #8 Magicka DK - EP - Argonian - Vamp - Flamy-Tail

PS4 - EU - CP 249
    #1 Magicka Temp - DC - Breton - Normal - Mary Healer Jane
    #2 Magicka Sorc - DC High Elf - Normal - Baked Wizard of DC

Playing on PS4 NA
    media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdgl7fwlj61ro2d43.gif
    Options
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everybody want the OP builds and they should put it in people who dont care they just play people who do care they can change it.. and especially if ZoS can make money off it they will character slots you had 8 now they changed it so you can have 12 4 slots to buy with crowns 1.5K each slot

I actually agree with the OP's sentiment. They should make it so race is less important to your build, or find ways to add other things in game that work around the issue. It is a little stupid how much better an Altmer mage is than a Khajiit Mage. While there was -some- advantage in the TES standalone games, it was never this stark.

Yeah it was.

The difference in racial abilities (and constellations) in other games was -massive-. Like in Morrowind where Agonians were completely immune to disease and poison and could breath underwater. Or Altmer got twice as much Magicka.

Abilities like that would be absolutely game breaking in an MMO.

Argonian poison/disease resistance is worthless in ESO. It is one of the lowest resistances in the game. You compare it to spell resistance of a Breton 3k+, vs. the 1.2k or whatever ridiculous amount argonians and bosmer receive, and this is on top some fairly flaccid passives the Argonian has. For starters the passives are not even equitable between races currently, and enchantments were very useful in making up for the difference in previous games. The point I am making is that at the upward bound of the game your race did not matter at all. That +50 extra magicka from being an Altmer was nice, but it was a static amount, not a scaling amount. I think you understand the difference. I stick by my argument that racial bonuses mean too much in ESO, particularly once soft caps were removed from the game.

I don't see how any of that is relevant to what I said about earlier games.
    I didn't make any comparisons between ESO racials or even address them.
    I was simply replying to the statement that racials didn't have that great an impact in prior games.

"As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    mb10 wrote: »
    No one really wants it just a small minority. They keep making posts so it seems like a large majority of players want it but really its a stupid idea pushed by stupid people

Dismiss an idea just because it doesn't benefit you or something you care for. GG why the f do any of you actually care what someone else's race is anyways? And you clearly haven't been around here for long (or the person who agreed with you lol), this is one of the most requested features since launch. Do me a favor and do a forum search of "race change" and come back and tell me is only a few people before you go spitting off mis information.

I see you saying, "it shouldn't be" or "its a stupid idea". But not one of you has posted a real thought about why the f you actually care?! And I'm willing to entertain what I expect to be some fantastic answers.

I actually don't care, but I'm more concerned with the underlying problem that is the balance between races and game balance in general. I see this as a cheap bandaid fix that we get charged for, when frankly it is a ZoS mistake and it should be paid on their dime not ours. Builds that worked beautifully at the beginning of the game are running into some big problems now because a multitude of changes that have happened. Soft caps are among a laundry list of changes that have harmed racial balance. I've given plenty of suggestions in the past that would help mitigate the issues while still keeping racial diversity. What I don't want to see is everyone playing 4 of 10 races because they are the 'best' choices. They need to fix the underlying flaws in game design.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    race change,yes.
    Options
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/270043/data-mining-icons-items-including-db-update-additions

Take a look at this thread. At the bottom of the list you will find icons for 'appearance change' 'character slot' 'name change' and 'race change'

Safe to say race change is coming.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah it was.

The difference in racial abilities (and constellations) in other games was -massive-. Like in Morrowind where Agonians were completely immune to disease and poison and could breath underwater. Or Altmer got twice as much Magicka.

Abilities like that would be absolutely game breaking in an MMO.

Argonian poison/disease resistance is worthless in ESO. It is one of the lowest resistances in the game. You compare it to spell resistance of a Breton 3k+, vs. the 1.2k or whatever ridiculous amount argonians and bosmer receive, and this is on top some fairly flaccid passives the Argonian has. For starters the passives are not even equitable between races currently, and enchantments were very useful in making up for the difference in previous games. The point I am making is that at the upward bound of the game your race did not matter at all. That +50 extra magicka from being an Altmer was nice, but it was a static amount, not a scaling amount. I think you understand the difference. I stick by my argument that racial bonuses mean too much in ESO, particularly once soft caps were removed from the game.

I don't see how any of that is relevant to what I said about earlier games.
    I didn't make any comparisons between ESO racials or even address them.
    I was simply replying to the statement that racials didn't have that great an impact in prior games.

The main thrust of my argument is that he has a point that the racial balance is bad, and that I'm actually fine with people changing race/class/whatever. However, I think there is an underlying balance issue that needs to be dealt with. You can make anything 'work' in this game, especially if you redline yourself with the best gear sets and enchantments and the like. I'm not denying that, but there is a significant difference between races, that did not play the same role it did in previous games. Waterbreathing was easily dealt with by any other race that didn't have it innately. The same is true of Night eye. The same is true of Breton spell resistance. The same is true of poison resist. Anyone that played previous games in a serious manner knows what I'm talking about, at the top end there was almost no difference between the races. While leveling up sure, the differences were huge.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one really wants it just a small minority. They keep making posts so it seems like a large majority of players want it but really its a stupid idea pushed by stupid people

@Ghettokid @mb10 Dismiss an idea just because it doesn't benefit you or something you care for. GG why the f do any of you actually care what someone else's race is anyways? And you clearly haven't been around here for long (or the person who agreed with you lol), this is one of the most requested features since launch. Do me a favor and do a forum search of "race change" and come back and tell me is only a few people before you go spitting off mis information.

I see you saying, "it shouldn't be" or "its a stupid idea". But not one of you has posted a real thought about why the f you actually care?! And I'm willing to entertain what I expect to be some fantastic answers.

I mean did you just spin a wheel and point to what you were going to randomly decide to care about today? cause out of all things actually wrong with this game you want to stop people from changing race?
    Okay looks like I have better to just be quiet and not to share my thoughts.

And no I did not just spin a wheel and point to what I decided to care about today. I dont like the idea of race change cause there will always be races above others and that means soon there will be only few races that are used what makes game boring in my opnion. And I still think that it is not equal that they add race change but no class change.
    Options
  • Skitttles
    Skitttles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Theyve removed soft caps and changed racial passives since launch. The race you chose then may not be the race you want to have with all the changes now. Race change should come.
    Skittles | DC Stem Sok and sumtimes Nertbled
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dismiss an idea just because it doesn't benefit you or something you care for. GG why the f do any of you actually care what someone else's race is anyways? And you clearly haven't been around here for long (or the person who agreed with you lol), this is one of the most requested features since launch. Do me a favor and do a forum search of "race change" and come back and tell me is only a few people before you go spitting off mis information.

I actually don't care, but I'm more concerned with the underlying problem that is the balance between races and game balance in general. I see this as a cheap bandaid fix that we get charged for, when frankly it is a ZoS mistake and it should be paid on their dime not ours. Builds that worked beautifully at the beginning of the game are running into some big problems now because a multitude of changes that have happened. Soft caps are among a laundry list of changes that have harmed racial balance. I've given plenty of suggestions in the past that would help mitigate the issues while still keeping racial diversity. What I don't want to see is everyone playing 4 of 10 races because they are the 'best' choices. They need to fix the underlying flaws in game design.
    That's a totally different and valid discussion with pages of posts. This particular thread specifically states, "ZOS shouldn't add race change" which is another thing entirely and completely unfounded......that is unless the OP and those that agree with them can provide a legitimate reason why the actually gaf what other peoples race is.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Skitttles wrote: »
    Theyve removed soft caps and changed racial passives since launch. The race you chose then may not be the race you want to have with all the changes now. Race change should come.

I agree with this, but can you guys not concede that this is a bandaid-fix for a problem that really should be fixed in other ways (making the racial choice less of an overwhelming concern)? The difference between an altmer sorcerer (mag build) and khajiit sorcerer (mag build) was not so significant at the outset of the game. There was a difference but it was not as painful as it is now. Additionally, because staves light/heavy attacks were based on weapon damage, your khajiit racials played a bigger role. The game has gone down a path of greater specialization, and in so doing made build choices less valuable. My point is simply that they need to design the balance in such a way that Racials are LESS important of a choice, so that people can play whatever the hell they want to. Race should be more of a skin. I don't mind it having some meaning, but there should be workarounds to make a Nord or Redgard sorcerer of some talent. (there is precedence in the lore for such things). I personally feel a lot more on rails the more the game develops. Choice actually seems to be narrowing with every single patch.
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That's a totally different and valid discussion with pages of posts. This particular thread specifically states, "ZOS shouldn't add race change" which is another thing entirely and completely unfounded......that is unless the OP and those that agree with them can provide a legitimate reason why the actually gaf what other peoples race is.

I hear what you're saying, I'm just speaking to what I think is his underlying concern. I might be reading too much into it.
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not? Levels soon aren't going to mean anything. Your Alliance soon isn't going to mean anything. Why should your race mean anything? Why should anyone have to make choices? Don't you know TES has always been about no consequences, no limitations, nothing meaningful or defining whatsoever?

Seriously, ZOS, just finish out the trend and let me play as an amorphous blob with no defining traits and with all abilities and skillpoints and content available to me from character creation.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on June 15, 2016 9:02PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    Options
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@Ghettokid @mb10 @Miszou Dismiss an idea just because it doesn't benefit you or something you care for. GG why the f do any of you actually care what someone else's race is anyways? And you clearly haven't been around here for long (or the person who agreed with you lol), this is one of the most requested features since launch. Do me a favor and do a forum search of "race change" and come back and tell me is only a few people before you go spitting off mis information.

I mean did you just spin a wheel and point to what you were going to randomly decide to care about today? cause out of all things actually wrong with this game you want to stop people from changing race?

@Cuyler ermmm maybe because it will cause a huge unbalance in the game especially in terms of PVP where 90% of players will be playing around 3 different power races?

long enough? have you played any elder scrolls games prior to this one and do you know anything about lore?

it should NOT be allowed get your lazy ass to reroll a new character.

after everything you said. have YOU provided any reasons for a race change? other than "most frequent request" (which it isnt)
    Edited by mb10 on June 16, 2016 10:59AM
    Options
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pallio wrote: »
    Barbershop = no more Argonians :cry:

My entire guild is Argonians. We don't care so much about passives. We make what we have work. We enjoy being Lizards more than a few extra points in a regen or something.

Mathscrolls Online is less fun! Lol. Argonians are the master-race and everyone knows it, they are just afraid.
    Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
    Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
    Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
    Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
    Hail Sithis..
    Options
  • Cogo
    Cogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Agree. No race change. Have some Barbershop that makes marks, less fat belly whatever. But the choice of race and sex needs to be, your choice.

Racials are nice, but there isn't any racial you cant get from other sources.

You choose your char. Want a change? Make a new char!
    Oghur Hatemachine, Guild leader of The Nephilim - EU Megaserver
    Orc Weapon Specialist and Warchief of the Ebonheart Pact - Trueflame Cyrodiil War Campaign
    Guildsite: The Nephilim

"I don't agree with what you are saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"
    -Voltaire

"My build? Improvise, overcome and adapt!"
    Options
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selique wrote: »
    Pallio wrote: »
    Barbershop = no more Argonians :cry:

My entire guild is Argonians. We don't care so much about passives. We make what we have work. We enjoy being Lizards more than a few extra points in a regen or something.

Mathscrolls Online is less fun! Lol. Argonians are the master-race and everyone knows it, they are just afraid.

@Selique

Now that sounds like an interesting guild. Are you recruiting...? :)

On a slightly related note, I ran a guild in Tera that was only for Amani. It was called "Amani Power", which was a phrase that some NPC's said when you walked near them.

It wasn't a very successful guild, partly because Amani weren't very popular in the land of Elins, but mostly because it wasn't until after I'd created it that someone pointed out that it sounded like some kind of awful white supremacist group... :|
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ghettokid @mb10 @Miszou Dismiss an idea just because it doesn't benefit you or something you care for. GG why the f do any of you actually care what someone else's race is anyways? And you clearly haven't been around here for long (or the person who agreed with you lol), this is one of the most requested features since launch. Do me a favor and do a forum search of "race change" and come back and tell me is only a few people before you go spitting off mis information.

@Cuyler ermmm maybe because it will cause a huge imbalance in the game especially in terms of PVP where 90% of players will be playing around 3 different power races?

long enough? have you played any elder scrolls games prior to this one and do you know anything about lore?

it should NOT be allowed get your lazy ass to reroll a new character.

after everything you said. have YOU provided any reasons for a race change? other than "most frequent request" (which it isnt)

They run around in pvp with the same aromor sets,wanna take those away too? Who cares what else he's played for TES titles,they're all single player.
    Reroll character is still a weak answer,might as well say L2P.
    Still waiting for a valid argument AGAINST race change.
    Options
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you don't want race change, you vote no.

I vote yes.

ZOS has already listened and devoted what is probably hundreds of man hours into what is going to be a huge revenue windall for them.

It is coming.

Prepare you wallet, this is going to get ugly.

And, your argument was less the n compelling.

Edited by acw37162 on June 15, 2016 10:57PM
    Options
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

Because some of your choices should be permanent. It fosters investment in your character, pushes you to work with the inherent flaws and create something unique. Personally, I am against respecs too (except in the case of fundamental game changes), but that ship has long since sailed.

Because creating different characters of different races promotes longevity of the game. If people can play one character to the end, then swap a few things around and experience everything else that the game has to offer, they are less likely to stay around as long.

Once a race change is implemented, class choice becomes the only meaningful selection. Everything else can be achieved through respecs, race changes, skill changes etc. If I want to change my DK sword/board magicka tank to a stam bow DPS or heavy armor healer, I can already do it easily. I can experience that content in a matter of hours, and then once I've seen it, done it and bought the T-shirt, there is literally nothing left for me to experience.

Adding a race change on top of this already incredibly forgiving system will only exacerbate the problem of people switching to flavor of the month, burning out and moving on. All for the sake of a handful of stat points or a meagre bonus here or there.

I can almost guarantee that the lions share of people asking for a race change are PvP oriented. And that's fine. I totally get that you want to blame your losses on your racial bonuses and you don't have the time or inclination to start a new character. You want to rock up to Cyrodil, kick some ass and teabag a few scrubs, but it's only your terrible racial choice that prevents you from doing that. Why did you pick Nord, when Altmer are so much better!? It's so unfair! If only you could be an Altmer too, then you could really show these noobs who's boss! you're better than that! So much better than the race that's just holding you back!

Racial change is a bad idea. Learn to play with the cards you chose, or return them to the deck and start again.
    Options
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ghettokid wrote: »
    No no no no!!!
    Why does everyone want race change? Every race is viable to succeed in pve and in pvp every way. And if you at the beginning made some race cause of appearance then seems like beeing best is not most important for you.

If they add race change then they should also bring class change! It would be equal then cause some people may regret that they made argonian or nord but some might also regret that they made sorc or templar.

Because in the "beginning" we never had any sort of stamina class morph options, stamina was absolutely rubbish and everyone went magicka.

Also, Zenimax changes several races several times, which effected their roles in pve and pvp.

Zenimax then introduced class stamina morphs and that has a huge impact on all races since the beginning.

The changed so much in game, and messed around with so many mechanics and races and what not, we actually need an OPTION to change races, not a must but i for one would be using it.

Example, Nords take 6% less damage and have not a single offensive skill racially. That 6% is useless for tanks since the mitigation cap is reached anyways, so could be an imperial (if imperial race is present) or any other race of choice.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
    Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If someone wants to change their race, I have no problem with that; after all it's not like they're adding races to the game you can only access via the race change option.

It's only going to have a positive effect on me as it will give the game I enjoy playing more funds.

I don't really see the problem with it. There are already likely 1000's of characters of each class/race combination out there.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miszou wrote: »

Because some of your choices should be permanent. It fosters investment in your character, pushes you to work with the inherent flaws and create something unique. Personally, I am against respecs too (except in the case of fundamental game changes), but that ship has long since sailed.

this is an MMO,nothing is permanent and constantly changes whether by DEV or player,not good enough of an arguement...still

Because creating different characters of different races promotes longevity of the game. If people can play one character to the end, then swap a few things around and experience everything else that the game has to offer, they are less likely to stay around as long.
    Longevity of the game requires much more than this,its a very small change and easily implemented.people are less likely to stay due to much bigger reasons,like oh i dont know BUGS,broken mechanics,cheating,lack of future content,poor customer support.

Once a race change is implemented, class choice becomes the only meaningful selection. Everything else can be achieved through respecs, race changes, skill changes etc. If I want to change my DK sword/board magicka tank to a stam bow DPS or heavy armor healer, I can already do it easily. I can experience that content in a matter of hours, and then once I've seen it, done it and bought the T-shirt, there is literally nothing left for me to experience.

Adding a race change on top of this already incredibly forgiving system will only exacerbate the problem of people switching to flavor of the month, burning out and moving on. All for the sake of a handful of stat points or a meagre bonus here or there.

I can almost guarantee that the lions share of people asking for a race change are PvP oriented. And that's fine. I totally get that you want to blame your losses on your racial bonuses and you don't have the time or inclination to start a new character. You want to rock up to Cyrodil, kick some ass and teabag a few scrubs, but it's only your terrible racial choice that prevents you from doing that. Why did you pick Nord, when Altmer are so much better!? It's so unfair! If only you could be an Altmer too, then you could really show these noobs who's boss! you're better than that! So much better than the race that's just holding you back!

LOL way off base and out of touch with this...actually pve'rs want the change because race passives have been adjusted without thought and are out of sync with original release.i guess you already have the pvp players pigeon-holed,now i see your biased. as for permanent changes. Not everyone wants to be altmer either,shows how much you know about the other races.

Racial change is a bad idea. Learn to play with the cards you chose, or return them to the deck and start again.

my replies are in bold
    Edited by Mojmir on June 16, 2016 2:41AM
    Options
  • Kronuxx
    Kronuxx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll have to agree with the notion that race change is not favorable. Briefly, allowing race change would harbor fleeting whims for those wishing to change race rather than create a new character. It also makes the Character Slot crown store purchase void, essentially. In addition, the allowance of changing race doesn't create a sense of investment in a character, and thus several other crown store purchases would become void including the purchasing riding skill lessons as those could be transferred to the "new character" since all you did was race change. The purchasing of crown experience scrolls would be purchased at a lower rate likely due to less alts being created secondary to the fact that race change is possible. Unless ZOS believes that somehow just having Class Change would enough of a be compelling enough reason to create an alt, but I'm not convinced that this will be the case.

In the end, I'm not for race change but I can see the reasoning behind ZOS' decision as this may create revenue. Unfortunately I suspect they may be wrong as this essentially lessens the likelihood and value of other crown store purchases that could be potentially consumed by alts that would have been potentially created. Time will tell, and it'll either affect ZOS in a good way or a bad way, and I believe it may be the latter.

- Edited for grammar
    Edited by Kronuxx on June 16, 2016 6:27AM
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I could see me switching my nord thunder priest to an maormer stormcaller...

I wouldn't do a race change, diehard RPer that I am, but I have done my best with what's available to create a maomer:

j5cbWXu.png

Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class, faction and race change NOW!
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ghettokid wrote: »
    No no no no!!!
    Why does everyone want race change? Every race is viable to succeed in pve and in pvp every way. And if you at the beginning made some race cause of appearance then seems like beeing best is not most important for you.

If they add race change then they should also bring class change! It would be equal then cause some people may regret that they made argonian or nord but some might also regret that they made sorc or templar.

I don't care what the races look like. I don't even care what my armor looks like. I picked races purely for the passives.

Unfortunately, ZOS changes the passives. When they change skills, they offer cheap respec. When they change racial passives, they offer you the finger.

Why should you care if other people change their racial passives?

To be honest, I don't care if they can change classes. Why not? They would be stuck having to level skill lines from scratch, but if they want to do it, so be it. I don't get why this bothers people. Especially now that it is so easy to get 8 characters to max level with no more VR.
    Options
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least I can admit that some of your arguments are good...

teladoy wrote: »
    Class, faction and race change NOW!
    This sounds good. Cause then it is equal. If they add only race change then its not. Some of us might have done mistake by going to EP or doing NB so it is same thing as making mistake with race.
    Edited by Ghettokid on June 16, 2016 6:24AM
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    I wouldn't do a race change, diehard RPer that I am, but I have done my best with what's available to create a maomer...
    There are several roleplay-friendly in-character racechange explenations, from alchemy to reincarnation to magical curses...
    And also occasionally even serious roleplayers find the desire to completely redo their character to make a clean break with some roleplay that ended badly (epic death scene for their old character optional), yet do not wish to reroll and throw away a year of crafting research or riding training...

Just saying, I make my characters for a character idea and not a set of stats, so I would not go for racechange - unless they added new race options to really tempt me (and maormer would be one...) ;)
    Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea why some people are against it. It seems completely selfish. If you have no interest in race change, why is it any of your concern if the feature is added for others to use that want to? It will not unbalance any, or affect your game-play in any way shape or form.

My character is a redguard templar magicka-user healer. Arguably as useless a race-class combination as you can get. I do not want to change my character's race, but I have no problems with others wanting to do so if they want. Taking into consideration the huge changes to the mechanics of the game since launch; there is even a good argument for the race change becoming an option. In-fact one could even argue for ZoS to give one free race-change option to everyone in game, after all they do such with Champion/attribute points when they make significant changes to them, albeit I acknowledge the systems are not entirely the same.

At the end of the day, a race change would:
    - Only affect those that want to use it.
    - Would not unbalance the game in any way shape or form.
    - Lastly, Provide another form of incoming for ZoS, as it would clearly be a Crown Store option.

If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote]

They run around in pvp with the same aromor sets,wanna take those away too? Who cares what else he's played for TES titles,they're all single player.
    Reroll character is still a weak answer,might as well say L2P.
    [/quote]

@Mojmir you know you have no argument at all when you are creating a similarity with armour and races lmao

you can change your armour 1000 times you shouldnt be able to change your race at all
    Options