The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Zos shouldn't add race change!!

• mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    At the end of the day, a race change would:
    - Only affect those that want to use it.
    - Would not unbalance the game in any way shape or form.
    - Lastly, Provide another form of incoming for ZoS, as it would clearly be a Crown Store option.

@Rev Rielle NOT unbalance the game? HOW?? haha are you serious? Every single mage for every class will become a high elf and you'd get 1000s of high elfs in the EP and DC :s it makes no lore sense or logical sense what so ever

races like argonians, wood elfs, nords and orcs will barely exist with a race change especially in PVP.

I think ZOS can lure in a lot more money from things such as a mount that comes out the ground for 4000 crowns which is okay but making money from lore breaking and unbalancing is plain stupid
    Options
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghettokid wrote: »
    No no no no!!!
    Why does everyone want race change? Every race is viable to succeed in pve and in pvp every way. And if you at the beginning made some race cause of appearance then seems like beeing best is not most important for you.

If they add race change then they should also bring class change! It would be equal then cause some people may regret that they made argonian or nord but some might also regret that they made sorc or templar.

They have changed the gameplay and racial passives so many times most notably where max stats effect your dps that race change needs to happen. It does not hurt you in any way. So Yes yes yes yes!!!
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
    Options
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Race and Class change is ok. Only you should loose any skill points that you put into your former Race/Class. So that you would think about it before you change.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
    Options
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    - Lastly, Provide another form of incoming for ZoS, as it would clearly be a Crown Store option.

@Rev Rielle NOT unbalance the game? HOW?? haha are you serious? Every single mage for every class will become a high elf and you'd get 1000s of high elfs in the EP and DC :s it makes no lore sense or logical sense what so ever

You do realize people are not confined to the 3 original alliance races anyway? You can just unlock all races for all alliances with crowns, so I guess that's ZoS saying "screw your immersion/lore this is more important".

hagermanj wrote: »
    I think Race and Class change is ok. Only you should loose any skill points that you put into your former Race/Class. So that you would think about it before you change.

Completely stupid, unreasonable and impossible to implement.
    1/10 idea
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

races like argonians, wood elfs, nords and orcs will barely exist with a race change especially in PVP.

I think ZOS can lure in a lot more money from things such as a mount that comes out the ground for 4000 crowns which is okay but making money from lore breaking and unbalancing is plain stupid

Oh yes, quite serious, and unlike unfounded foil-hatted comment, I can actually back up my statements with fact.

Oh dear, do you think those that are keen to min/max haven't already made the best character/class combinations? They would have done their research even before making their first character, or quickly changed to the appropriate race/class combination that best suited them soon after getting a handle on the game.

There is no sensible lore/logical sense argument to be having here. As others have stated you can already create any/class any alliance with the Imperial addition of the game. Additionally, and far more importantly, One Tamriel is relaxing all alliance restrictions for PvE, so any argument about high-elves in Daggerfall or wood elves in Pact lands holds even less water.

Anyone would think that this is some sort of novel development; to have race changes. Many MMOs before have had such options. And have a look at them, they are not filled with just one race-class combination of player type. Amazing as it may sound to some, the vast majority of players play these games for fun.

There is always a vocal element that fear change, and they scream and shout that the world will end should, a , b or c be implemented into the game, But the reality is almost always different. A prime example of this is the dye system in-game. Do you remember all the screaming and carrying on by the minority about their disgust at the notion of how 'everyone' will be running around in 'pink' armour? Oh, how the silence was deafening once dyes were released, and shock horror, the vast vast majority of the player base dyed their characters sensibly.

The only thing that is 'stupid' - using your eloquent language - in my view are the multitude of uneducated views being spewed by those that do not understand, or even attempt to pretend to learn, the facts and reality of the game and where it's heading. But we are on a gaming forum here, so those views are numerous as typos.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Miszou wrote: »
    Selique wrote: »
    Pallio wrote: »
    Barbershop = no more Argonians :cry:

My entire guild is Argonians. We don't care so much about passives. We make what we have work. We enjoy being Lizards more than a few extra points in a regen or something.

Mathscrolls Online is less fun! Lol. Argonians are the master-race and everyone knows it, they are just afraid.

@Selique

Now that sounds like an interesting guild. Are you recruiting...? :)

On a slightly related note, I ran a guild in Tera that was only for Amani. It was called "Amani Power", which was a phrase that some NPC's said when you walked near them.

It wasn't a very successful guild, partly because Amani weren't very popular in the land of Elins, but mostly because it wasn't until after I'd created it that someone pointed out that it sounded like some kind of awful white supremacist group... :|

@Miszou

We are recruiting, if your into Argonian Tribal RP :P
    Edited by Selique on June 16, 2016 12:50PM
    Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
    Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
    Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
    Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
    Hail Sithis..
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    No one really wants it just a small minority. They keep making posts so it seems like a large majority of players want it but really its a stupid idea pushed by stupid people

@Ghettokid @mb10 @Miszou Dismiss an idea just because it doesn't benefit you or something you care for. GG why the f do any of you actually care what someone else's race is anyways? And you clearly haven't been around here for long (or the person who agreed with you lol), this is one of the most requested features since launch. Do me a favor and do a forum search of "race change" and come back and tell me is only a few people before you go spitting off mis information.

I see you saying, "it shouldn't be" or "its a stupid idea". But not one of you has posted a real thought about why the f you actually care?! And I'm willing to entertain what I expect to be some fantastic answers.

I mean did you just spin a wheel and point to what you were going to randomly decide to care about today? cause out of all things actually wrong with this game you want to stop people from changing race?

@Cuyler ermmm maybe because it will cause a huge unbalance in the game especially in terms of PVP where 90% of players will be playing around 3 different power races?

long enough? have you played any elder scrolls games prior to this one and do you know anything about lore?

it should NOT be allowed get your lazy ass to reroll a new character.

after everything you said. have YOU provided any reasons for a race change? other than "most frequent request" (which it isnt)
    @mb10 LOLOLOL Players have the choice to pick whatever race they want at character creation, which means that everyone could theoretically of picked Altmer, Redguard or what the top picks are, and it's already weighted into the balance of the game. Your opinion that this would "unbalance" the game is completely far fetched although it was decent attempt to form a valid counter-point out of thin air.

At the time of creation, a majority of players most likely picked what was the min/max choice for them, but over time ZOS changed those racial passives. Was the game unbalance before this? No. You're pulling at straws here. If you need to have the reason spelled out for you here it is.......When skills are rebalanced, we get free respecs, when racial passives are changed, we SHOULD get race changes or the system how they are selected should be completely overhauled.

I don't need to argue lore here because it has no place in this argument. I get to choose my race, not you or your lore. But if you must know I've played every ES game to date and can tell you none of them apply to this argument. Those were single player, this is an MMO. So let's not push your personal RP agenda onto millions of other players who have the right to create a player how they see it, not how you see it.

Finally, how many CP's you got? how many characters did you have at v16 before the vet system was removed? Take a look in the spoiler of my signature. If you think this has anything to do with laziness and I haven't rerolled numerous times because of racial passive change BS you're as naive as you sound. Just click on the spoiler in my signature. All of those were created BEFORE vet rank removal, and the easy mode max insta-CP toons we have now.

Like I said, do some research, this has been requested by a majority of players since launch. I don't want to have to link 100s of threads here proving it to you, but I could.

Edit: I don't know why I'm even arguing this honestly, ZOS has already confirmed it and it's being released with the barber shop.
    Edited by Cuyler on June 16, 2016 1:29PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bought new slot to create argonian dk magica. Is my second argonian. First is stamplar.

I think that race change exists now. Its called delete.

I did it twice with vet lvl chars.

All for name change and barbershop but race chg this one will never use.

Not sure how i feel about the idea of racial passive swap, where you keep "argonian" but get all the passives swapped with say high elf.

But if race chg has to come let it be crowned and pricey, imo.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • Keep_Door
    Keep_Door
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly with removal of vet ranks leveling to 50 takes one day max. I already have all four classes 50 as magicka races and a redguard night blade at 50 and 3 others around 30-40.

I just dont understand how class or race change is a relavant topic anymore.

Now appearence change id pay for that.
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No no no no!!!
    Why does everyone want race change? Every race is viable to succeed in pve and in pvp every way. And if you at the beginning made some race cause of appearance then seems like beeing best is not most important for you.

If they add race change then they should also bring class change! It would be equal then cause some people may regret that they made argonian or nord but some might also regret that they made sorc or templar.
    Tell that to all the lizards
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • NikaTheCat
    NikaTheCat
    ✭✭✭
    Well, ESO from the beginning was trying to do this "be anything you want, play anyway you like" thing. And to be fair, you can pretty much do that even now. Of course, being a MMORPG it had to have some sort of classes and races to add diversity to the players. I think, though, that they shouldn't have made any racial passives at all. Classes would have provided the ability diversity and race would be only cosmetic.

The racial passives are kinda racist actually. Why is it that all Altmer are better at magic than Khajiits? And why are all Khajiits stealthy? There is no reason why a really bookish Khajiit couldn't learn to be the best mage out there, but be very loud and clumsy, and have a very prominent orange fur, making him bad at stealth. Of course, this is a video game, and not real life, and it kinda makes sense that big lizard people could be inherently better at swimming than anyone else. But it actually makes more sense, that being born as an Argonian, would MAKE IT EASIER to become the best swimmer, but NOT MAKE YOU THE BEST swimmer ever by default, just by being born that way. That's why I like the very first racial passive of each race - it does not make you better than anyone, it just makes you achieve your goals a little faster. It would be cool if all the passives would be this way, then the racial change is not needed. Other people would disagree, of course.

When I first tried this game in BETA, I made a Khajiit, because I always liked Khajiits, and not knowing anything about the classes I chose Dragonknight only because the armor looked cool. When I actually bought the game, I knew a lot more about the races and classes, and this time I chose Templar, because I liked all the power of the Aedra stuff. And even though I always wanted to play a mage, I still chose Khajiit, because I wanted my character to look the way I like. I understood that I was sacrificing a little bit of performance but that wasn't that big of an issue. But why should I sacrifice anything just because I want my character to look a certain way?

The thing that people often overlook, is that we don't know how ZOS will implement this race change (if they will). What would be cool, if they would not make a WHOLE RACE change, but only RACIAL PASSIVES change.
    That way you can look like a Khajiit, but have the advantages of Altmer passives, for example. Many would argue, that this is lore braking, but I disagree, based on what I said above. Each person is born different, and race should be only cosmetic.

I really don't care if ZOS implement race change or not. If the race change also changes the appearance, I won't use it - other people can if they want to. If the race change only changes the passives - I will probably change the passives of my Khajiit, as Khajiit passives don't really benefit a Mage Templar. Then again, if race change is a crown store exclusive, I will pass, because I can perform pretty good even now, and paying real money for a performance increase seems kinda pay-to-win-ish...

Just realized there might be players that chose performance over looks, and may be looking for RACE APPEARANCE change only. So it would be cool, that ZOS can make RACE APPEARANCE CHANGE and RACIAL PASSIVES CHANGE two separate options.
    Options
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    No no no no!!!

Tell that to all the lizards

Even if race change happens, I'll still keep at least 1 lizzy. <3

Anyway, race change, or some way to transfer crafting knowledge from 1 char to another. You can't accelerate crafting research, and this is the sole reason my argo stam DK is still there.

Argonians are best health stacking tanks (w/active healing), but I guess people are too focused on the swim speed. Bleh.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
    Options
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kronuxx wrote: »
    I'll have to agree with the notion that race change is not favorable. Briefly, allowing race change would harbor fleeting whims for those wishing to change race rather than create a new character. It also makes the Character Slot crown store purchase void, essentially. In addition, the allowance of changing race doesn't create a sense of investment in a character, and thus several other crown store purchases would become void including the purchasing riding skill lessons as those could be transferred to the "new character" since all you did was race change. The purchasing of crown experience scrolls would be purchased at a lower rate likely due to less alts being created secondary to the fact that race change is possible. Unless ZOS believes that somehow just having Class Change would enough of a be compelling enough reason to create an alt, but I'm not convinced that this will be the case.

In the end, I'm not for race change but I can see the reasoning behind ZOS' decision as this may create revenue. Unfortunately I suspect they may be wrong as this essentially lessens the likelihood and value of other crown store purchases that could be potentially consumed by alts that would have been potentially created. Time will tell, and it'll either affect ZOS in a good way or a bad way, and I believe it may be the latter.

- Edited for grammar

I first commented that I agreed with the OP,but have since changed my mind a bit.
    I think people should have a choice of what they want to do with their character,or they choose to or not to make another one.
    For many people.investment is already there with this one character,and instead of ignoring him to create an alt,they want a few changes,but to keep his build,which took them a lot of time to get right.
    I just wish I could have changed my first character,who wound up a V4 before I had to dump him had this option.I would have preferred either a Breton or an Imperial.
    I didnt know at the time about the differences they offered.I do now though,and most of my alts are both ofd those races,with a Khajiit,a Dark Elf,and a High Elf thrown in there.
    Options
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

There is enough valid arguments for a race change, same as there is valid arguments against it. It's not on you to decide what is valid or not.

If you can't stand a discussion simply don't post on the forums. Going personal has nothing to do with a rational and civilized discussion and is simply sad.

[edited to remove quote and ref to]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on June 16, 2016 4:58PM
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why did you pick Nord, when Altmer are so much better!?

Racial change is a bad idea. Learn to play with the cards you chose, or return them to the deck and start again.

Miszou - Joined December 2014. So you clearly know that softcaps were increased and then both soft and hardcaps removed, completely changing passive balance, and that on top of that some passives were completely gutted with the implementation of the buff system (primarily Argonians). [snip]

Let's put it in perspective. Suppose you get 40k magicka on a toon, which pushes to 44k with 10% racial increase to magicka. DPS wise, that's the equivalent of 385 weapon damage or 3 weapon damage set bonuses, plus the gravy of having a larger stat pool to cast 2-3 more abilities. It's 80% as powerful as blue food buff to Magicka...

Anyone want to trade all of that for, say, swim speed?

Start again? How many hours do you have invested in your primary toon that you will also need for your reroll? Leveling of weapon skill lines, leveling of lines for needed passives (alchemy, undaunted, TG, DB, Fighter's, Mages, WW or vamp, ...), etc., etc.

I propose we advocate a simple re-balance. Cut all race based percentage increases to primary stat pools in half. Cut red diamond and adrenaline rush by 1/3. Done.

[minor edit for flame]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on June 16, 2016 5:00PM
    Options
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No no no no!!!

That, that right there is probably the biggest lie in this entire game. Furthermore the logic in this post, or rather the lack thereof almost makes me want to cry.

Don't want a race change? Don't get it. [snip]

[edited for flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on June 16, 2016 5:04PM
    Options
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've had to remove some posts from this thread for getting a little out of hand with commentary. Please keep discussion civil. It goes without saying that points can be made defending your perspective without making it personal. It contributes nothing to the context of the discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    No no no no!!!

That, that right there is probably the biggest lie in this entire game. Furthermore the logic in this post, or rather the lack thereof almost makes me want to cry.

[edited for flaming]

Yes it was I know. :smiley: like my orc wouldnt never be viable for magica build... Just wrote something I wasnt thinking

But still people are missing my point in this whole thing. I have nothing against race change if they also add class change. Cause I know people who regret that they did some class as I also know people who regret their race choice.

Making title like that was best way to get lot of people here.
    Edited by Ghettokid on June 16, 2016 5:21PM
    Options
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep_Door wrote: »
    Honestly with removal of vet ranks leveling to 50 takes one day max. I already have all four classes 50 as magicka races and a redguard night blade at 50 and 3 others around 30-40.

I just dont understand how class or race change is a relavant topic anymore.

Now appearence change id pay for that.

Rerolling won't get you all the time back invested in skill points, undaunted, achievements, etc. your new lvl 50 toons with full CP are still that, new.
    Edited by Cuyler on June 16, 2016 5:26PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • Miszou
    Miszou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why did you pick Nord, when Altmer are so much better!?

Racial change is a bad idea. Learn to play with the cards you chose, or return them to the deck and start again.

Miszou - Joined December 2014. So you clearly know that softcaps were increased and then both soft and hardcaps removed, completely changing passive balance, and that on top of that some passives were completely gutted with the implementation of the buff system (primarily Argonians). [snip]

Let's put it in perspective. Suppose you get 40k magicka on a toon, which pushes to 44k with 10% racial increase to magicka. DPS wise, that's the equivalent of 385 weapon damage or 3 weapon damage set bonuses, plus the gravy of having a larger stat pool to cast 2-3 more abilities. It's 80% as powerful as blue food buff to Magicka...

Anyone want to trade all of that for, say, swim speed?

Start again? How many hours do you have invested in your primary toon that you will also need for your reroll? Leveling of weapon skill lines, leveling of lines for needed passives (alchemy, undaunted, TG, DB, Fighter's, Mages, WW or vamp, ...), etc., etc.

I propose we advocate a simple re-balance. Cut all race based percentage increases to primary stat pools in half. Cut red diamond and adrenaline rush by 1/3. Done.

[minor edit for flame]

My main (and only alt) are both Argonian.

Sorry, what were you saying? I couldn't hear you because I was swimming too fast.
    Options
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No no no no!!!

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, Girl!

BOOOOOO.

thumbs-down-smiley-emoticon.gif
    Edited by milesrodneymcneely2_ESO on June 16, 2016 5:32PM
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NikaTheCat wrote: »
    Well, ESO from the beginning was trying to do this "be anything you want, play anyway you like" thing. And to be fair, you can pretty much do that even now. Of course, being a MMORPG it had to have some sort of classes and races to add diversity to the players. I think, though, that they shouldn't have made any racial passives at all. Classes would have provided the ability diversity and race would be only cosmetic.

The racial passives are kinda racist actually. Why is it that all Altmer are better at magic than Khajiits? And why are all Khajiits stealthy? There is no reason why a really bookish Khajiit couldn't learn to be the best mage out there, but be very loud and clumsy, and have a very prominent orange fur, making him bad at stealth. Of course, this is a video game, and not real life, and it kinda makes sense that big lizard people could be inherently better at swimming than anyone else. But it actually makes more sense, that being born as an Argonian, would MAKE IT EASIER to become the best swimmer, but NOT MAKE YOU THE BEST swimmer ever by default, just by being born that way. That's why I like the very first racial passive of each race - it does not make you better than anyone, it just makes you achieve your goals a little faster. It would be cool if all the passives would be this way, then the racial change is not needed. Other people would disagree, of course.

When I first tried this game in BETA, I made a Khajiit, because I always liked Khajiits, and not knowing anything about the classes I chose Dragonknight only because the armor looked cool. When I actually bought the game, I knew a lot more about the races and classes, and this time I chose Templar, because I liked all the power of the Aedra stuff. And even though I always wanted to play a mage, I still chose Khajiit, because I wanted my character to look the way I like. I understood that I was sacrificing a little bit of performance but that wasn't that big of an issue. But why should I sacrifice anything just because I want my character to look a certain way?

The thing that people often overlook, is that we don't know how ZOS will implement this race change (if they will). What would be cool, if they would not make a WHOLE RACE change, but only RACIAL PASSIVES change.
    That way you can look like a Khajiit, but have the advantages of Altmer passives, for example. Many would argue, that this is lore braking, but I disagree, based on what I said above. Each person is born different, and race should be only cosmetic.

I really don't care if ZOS implement race change or not. If the race change also changes the appearance, I won't use it - other people can if they want to. If the race change only changes the passives - I will probably change the passives of my Khajiit, as Khajiit passives don't really benefit a Mage Templar. Then again, if race change is a crown store exclusive, I will pass, because I can perform pretty good even now, and paying real money for a performance increase seems kinda pay-to-win-ish...

Just realized there might be players that chose performance over looks, and may be looking for RACE APPEARANCE change only. So it would be cool, that ZOS can make RACE APPEARANCE CHANGE and RACIAL PASSIVES CHANGE two separate options.

My suggestion in the past was to offer a pool of passives (which CP could have been) that would be on a par with Racials and operate as a form of modification. Certain passive effects would have diminishing returns with respect to racials. For example the Stamina regeneration from a Bosmer would redline it (and I would create a logarithmic type of curve with a limit of x or such). This would cause people to likely diversify, though in the case of some races it might still be worth it to invest in their strengths (in this case the bosmer would get a lot more out of investing in maximum stamina). It would be a limited pool, but enough to allow people to excel in their character's area of expertise.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your all bonkers.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
    Options
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they should provide a race change since most MMOs have these options already its funny to see a MMO in 2016 not have this option.
    Edited by RebornV3x on June 16, 2016 5:39PM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
    Options
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    they should provide a race change since most MMOs have these options already its funny to see a MMO in 2016 not have this option.
    Seriously. It's a paid service staple of the genre.

I - for one - am all FOR an additional revenue stream for my favorite game.
    Options
  • Hearts_Wake
    Hearts_Wake
    ✭✭✭
    No no no no!!!

No no no no!!!

QQ.
    Options
  • Hearts_Wake
    Hearts_Wake
    ✭✭✭
    I totally regret my Nord Templar
    QQ.
    Options
  • NikaTheCat
    NikaTheCat
    ✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    No no no no!!!

[edited for flaming]

Yes it was I know. :smiley: like my orc wouldnt never be viable for magica build... Just wrote something I wasnt thinking

But still people are missing my point in this whole thing. I have nothing against race change if they also add class change. Cause I know people who regret that they did some class as I also know people who regret their race choice.

Making title like that was best way to get lot of people here.

Baby steps - even if ZOS would have wanted to add a class change, there is no reason to provide it along with the race change. The thing is that class change is probably a lot more tricky than race change from a technical perspective. One is changing 4 racial passives and/or appearance, the other is changing 3 skill lines with 6 active and 4 passive skills each.

There are several problems regarding class change. Say I'm a Templar, with fully leveled Templar skill lines and skills. Then I change my class to Nightblade. Should my skill lines and skills be leveled? I'm guessing not. Ok, I then I level Nightblade skills, then decide to change back to Templar. Do my Templar skills come back leveled? Am I actually allowed several class changes? Also, what happens if my character was on some leaderboard as a Templar, but suddenly he is a Nightblade?
    And this is just what I can come up with right now, and only from a player's perspective. There might be a lot of programming stuff I just don't know about, that could make this difficult to implement.
    Options
  • NikaTheCat
    NikaTheCat
    ✭✭✭
    NikaTheCat wrote: »

My suggestion in the past was to offer a pool of passives (which CP could have been) that would be on a par with Racials and operate as a form of modification. Certain passive effects would have diminishing returns with respect to racials. For example the Stamina regeneration from a Bosmer would redline it (and I would create a logarithmic type of curve with a limit of x or such). This would cause people to likely diversify, though in the case of some races it might still be worth it to invest in their strengths (in this case the bosmer would get a lot more out of investing in maximum stamina). It would be a limited pool, but enough to allow people to excel in their character's area of expertise.

Can you elaborate, please? I'm not sure I understood your idea correctly, because it sounds very similar to CP. Only that CP does not have the kind of passives that increase your max stamina, for example.

And actually I don't know how CP interacts with racial passives in the game right now. Is it additive? Is it multiplicative?
    For example, I have an Altmer with 1000 base magicka recovery. Then my racial passive Spellcharge increases that by 9%, giving me 1090 total magicka recovery. What happens if I also add CP in the Arcanist to increase my magicka recovery by say another 10%. Is it 10%+9%=19% recovery (which makes 1190 magicka recovery)? Or is it 1000*1.09*1.10=1199 magicka recovery? Or maybe something else? I think the additive makes more sense, but I don't know if it is how it actually works in the game.

Sorry, kinda went off topic here.. I ramble too much.
    Edited by NikaTheCat on June 17, 2016 7:14AM
    Options
  • Kalebron
    Kalebron
    ✭✭✭
    Kalebron wrote: »
    Race change should continue in the works because some of us did not understand the full extent of our decisions when we chose a race for our specific class. I think race change should continue to stay a valid option for the many who now understand the game fully. Sadly, but most people who play video games are impulsive creatures. I am one of those people who are impulsive. I would also like to see alliance change too. Bring on the race changes please...
    Well some of us maybe did not understand the full extent of our decisions when we chose a class...
    So why wont they bring class change too?

I would welcome that...
    Options