Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crafting Bag and full inventory

Daraugh
Daraugh
✭✭✭✭✭
If I decon an item those mats go directly into my crafting bag as long as I'm subbed. Why then do I get the "inventory full" message when I try to decon something with a full inventory? Can we please have that switch flipped from the "false" to "true" and let the mats go into the crating bag without being filtered through my inventory? Have it go craft bag --> inventory not inventory craft bag.

Flip that switch back to false if a sub runs out. Not mine, I love that bag!
Edited by Daraugh on June 13, 2016 1:18PM
May all beings have happiness
May they be free from suffering
May they find the joy that has never known suffering
May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daraugh wrote: »
    If I decon an item those mats go directly into my crafting bag as long as I'm subbed. Why then do I get the "inventory full" message when I try to decon something with a full inventory? Can we please have that switch flipped from the "false" to "true" and let the mats go into the crating bag without being filtered through my inventory? Flip that switch back to false if a sub runs out. Not mine, I love that bag!

Yeah, I noticed this. I figure that one of these years they will fix it. Of course, it adds to the quirky ambiance of the game, so who knows.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to guess that the deconned materials still need to hit your inventory before they get transported to the crafting bag.

I ran into the same thing last night. I had a full inventory and wanted to decon everything, but still had to get rid of the "foul hide" and daedra husk/carapaces by selling them to free up enough slots to decon the gear. Good thing was I only had to free up the minimum number of slots. Before the crafting bag I had to have more than 5 slots free; the tempers/traits/mats might take up more than 5. Now they all go to the CB.....
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you have 4 (5?) Bag Slots open before you decon anything. I think I had done it with only 4 slots open before.

There is an old limitation with Crafting in that it checks your available bag space. If you don't have 4/5 open slots, then you get the Bag Full error message when attempting to decon. I don't know if this is because the stuff goes to your bag first, or it is a holdover from the old system that would make sure you would not lose out on any mats from decon because of full bags.

Edited by Nestor on June 13, 2016 4:48PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah technically the items hit ur inventory briefly then get auto moved to the crafting bag... at least this is what i noticed
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I suspect is happening is that the mats get put into your personal inventory first, and then get automatically transferred to your crafting bag if you have a ESO+ subscription. Probably makes it easier for ZOS coders. So if you don't have the minimum amount of slots available when you deconstruct, then you are out of luck. Usually a quick sale at a vendor can take care of that :)