The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Game is constantly crashing in Orsinium

Elder_Martin
Elder_Martin
✭✭✭
Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but I'm experiencing a ton of crashes while in the city of Orsinium. I'm not having this problem anywhere else except there. It doesn't crash when I'm in random parts of Wrothgar, just in the city itself. I thought maybe it was just crashing in load screens (e.g. entering the bank), but that's not the case. It crashes all the time just walking around in the city. Once again, not sure if anyone else is dealing with this, but just wanted to make sure that someone is aware of the issue.
I am the real Mudcrab Merchant.
Gamertag - Elder Martin
  • Articulemort
    Articulemort
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, I completely avoid Orsinium. First and only time I went there I crashed 3 times in a row, it took me half an hour to get back to playing again. People I play with crash there all the time also.
  • Methadone_Man
    Methadone_Man
    ✭✭✭
    This is a known issue that the developers refuse to acknowledge. Every player knows to avoid the city of Orsinium. It's happened since day 1.
    Edited by Methadone_Man on May 30, 2016 9:06PM
    Gamertag is Methadone Man
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're delivering the crafting writs go to the shatul wayshrine and ride South along the road into the city, stop sprinting once you hit the guild traders, you should be OK then. I find that once you go through that arch it's laggy/crash central. I remember one particularly horrible evening where I'd crash log in again move two feet crash again, took a solid four hours of tears and pained howling to get my poor little Dunmer to safety, which resulted in a controller shaped hole in my wall
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If PC were having these issues there'd be a huge outcry. This has been going on since orsinium was launched on Xbone and continues to be ignored.
  • Blackfyre20
    Blackfyre20
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play on PS4 but I tried ESO on xbox one for a little while and immediately went back to PS4. Orsinium is a nightmare, I submitted multiple tickets about it and was told the problem was on my end. After playing on PC and PS4, I'm sorry but the xbox one version of the game is abysmal.
    Buff Soft Caps
  • alkodav
    alkodav
    ✭✭✭
    Have problems with fps in this city, i mean sharply decreasing... so a lot of lags(
  • Elder_Martin
    Elder_Martin
    ✭✭✭
    8aTeQwb.png

Loving the new neon effect.
    I am the real Mudcrab Merchant.
    Gamertag - Elder Martin
  • MeerkatWarlord
    I've also been having issues. The main quest is completely broken, I can't go two steps through a quest without crashing out to the dashboard, and when I load back in, I get hit with an infinite loading screen, so I have to re-log from that, and if I don't crash again on login, I have to fast travel out of wrothgar immediately or the cycle repeats itself.
    I play on the XBOX ONE

Zanaam-ri - AD Khajiit DPS MagBlade (Grand Master Crafter)
    Haldrion - AD High Elf DPS MagSorc
    Gedryn - EP Dark Elf DPS StamBlade
    Amalene - DC Imperial Stamplar
    Jeebo the Mad - AD Argonian Tank Dragonknight
  • heyewe
    heyewe
    ✭✭✭
    This^^ and getting DC'd at the Undaunted area in Grahtwood need to get fixed. No matter what time of day, how I try and move slow....or in first-person....no matter what....I'm DC'd every single time I go to pick up pledges. Please? Can we get a fix on this?
  • Methadone_Man
    Methadone_Man
    ✭✭✭
    This has been an ongoing issue for many months. They will never fix it.
    Gamertag is Methadone Man
  • moltenpark
    Me too. If I do blacksmithing in Orsinium, the results don't get added to my inventory. If I make a dagger, it'll use up my metal ingots, but there's no new dagger in my list.
  • HonourXL
    HonourXL
    ✭✭
    ZOS mentality:
    To solve these kind of major problems ( orsinium crashes, low fps, double cc, lag, *** up drope rate in vMA,) they will release a new dlc and hope people to forget those problems.
    XBOX- EU
    Honour XL aka Kaiser Mehmed
    DC - STAM NB
    DC - STAM SORC
    AD- MAG TEMPLAR
    DC - MAG DK
    DC - STAMPLAR
    DC- MAG NB
    EP- STAM DK
    MY CHANNEL:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCnvn5pMPMXYfjcTPHOHi5mA
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, same here. Being in the city is a nightmare. I am just trying to get the quest chain done in Wrothgar, but I have to save going to the city for when theres more than one thing to attend to.

A couple of things that reduce crashing - do not use a mount in the city. If there is laggy sound, just stop moving, and give it a second. Its definitely a loading issue with textures and sounds. Orisinium is graphically a lot heavier than any other city in tamriel right now, and the Xbox appears to struggle with it. The only solution is to slow down, and even then, it STILL crashes occasionally.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • zofo
    zofo
    Soul Shriven
    This was happening to me but I was advised to delete the save game data from the console only and now I get fewer crashes.
  • makeyurself
    makeyurself
    ✭✭✭
    Just crashed twice delivering writs. Please ZOS, fix this because I really love Wrothgar/Orsinium!!
    Xbox NA:
    • Soren Hawkheart- Breton Spellsword (DC) Sorcerer
    • Kaenan- Imperial Paladin (EP) Templar
    • Revan- Dunmer Vampire Inferno Mage (EP) Dragonknight
    • Faerandil- Altmer Sage (AD) Templar
    • Aureyna- Altmer Arcane Warrior (AD) Sorcerer
    • Aurthalion- Altme Battle Mage (AD) Sorcerer
    • Dahlek- Argonian Shadowmage/Shadowscale (AD) Nightblade
    • Callion- Breton Thief & Assassin (AD) Nightblade
    • Eldaran- Lore-breaking half-elf Elementalist, not of Nirn (DC) Dragonknight
    • Quenandir- Altmer Ranger (AD) Nighblade
    • Saelif- Breton/Altmer MG Adept (AD) Templar

• HaloGod
    HaloGod
    Same here. I have completely given up hope that this will be fixed. Shatul wayshrine workaround works for me. I know this sounds stupid. but for Grahtwood, I walk from the wayshrine looking at the ground in first person. Then do the same thing after accepting/turning the quests and walk towards the stables. It's not 100% effective because you have to look up to talk to Glirion and Maj, but I typically only get a crash once a week. I can't wait to see how many times I crash opening the chest 70 times today.
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaloGod wrote: »
    Same here. I have completely given up hope that this will be fixed. Shatul wayshrine workaround works for me. I know this sounds stupid. but for Grahtwood, I walk from the wayshrine looking at the ground in first person. Then do the same thing after accepting/turning the quests and walk towards the stables. It's not 100% effective because you have to look up to talk to Glirion and Maj, but I typically only get a crash once a week. I can't wait to see how many times I crash opening the chest 70 times today.

I do this too, except I port into Elden Hollow dungeon for my way in, and fast travel out.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS