Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Worth to buy DLC `s???

gtzempe_PAO_13
Hi friends! i want to help me with this question.... i was off of the game for about a year or so... i have only imperial dlc and 15V nightblade. i want to buy brotherhood dlc now with new changes without veterans etc. is it worth to spend another 30-40€ to buy orsinium and thieves Guild?? can i progress and play without them or i need them??? thnx
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't need them, but I would highly recommend Orsinium. It is far far far bigger, better,deeper than Dark Brotherhood. DB itself offers only killer animations. Area is very small, few quests, 2 dungeons, no trial... And Orsinium offers great places to grind if you like that.
    I'd suggest to sub 1 month, so you can check them all and you get the crafting bag on top which is awesome for hoarders.

Imho Orsinium is great, Thieves guild is nice, DB is just better than nothing.

Edit: base changes of veteran levels and mechanics are part of the game, you don't need a DLC for that
    Edited by Haxnschwammer on June 12, 2016 1:03PM
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imho Orsinium is great, Thieves guild is nice, DB is just better than nothing.
    Still IC is way more better than any of these other DLC, even they all are great especially Orsinium.
    Edited by Ghettokid on June 12, 2016 1:18PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought them all . No regrets .
  • gtzempe_PAO_13
    Thnx for your fast answers! I have imperial city! Generally i like pvp. Whats the state of the game today for gearing?? Crafting, stores etc? Btw you mean IC is must have dlc and orsinium optionally...right?
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New skill points, easy aces to new sets, new skill lines and motifs /for use or trade/, new quests, dungeons, zones, world bosses etc... The answer is yes.
  • gtzempe_PAO_13
    The answer is yes for which comment? To buy orsinium only as i have already IC or to buy them all??
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi friends! i want to help me with this question.... i was off of the game for about a year or so... i have only imperial dlc and 15V nightblade. i want to buy brotherhood dlc now with new changes without veterans etc. is it worth to spend another 30-40€ to buy orsinium and thieves Guild?? can i progress and play without them or i need them??? thnx

And one more advice. Dont buy dlc`s. Buy premium. You get some crowns per month and you have aces to ALL dlc`s (because premium user) One dlc cost 2k crowns. You will have time to explore all dlc`s and to decide which one to buy, with crowns. Or even buy them all.
    Edited by Runkorko on June 12, 2016 1:38PM
  • gtzempe_PAO_13
    I need 7000 crowns to buy them all. How many crown get with premium per month?
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thnx for your fast answers! I have imperial city! Generally i like pvp. Whats the state of the game today for gearing?? Crafting, stores etc? Btw you mean IC is must have dlc and orsinium optionally...right?

You get scaled to CP160 (and all creatures are at that level) when you go to Orsinium, so it is useful even when you start a new character with the goal of playing in Cyrodiil (PvP) to farm your mats and level up your rank and skill points (from skyshards) there. There are several World Bosses and Dungeons, plenty of mats to farm (you will get both mats on your level and higher level mats from the same nodes today) and generally a very good extension of the main Tamriel storyline from base game.

Thieves Guild adds Troves all around in the World which you can loot (and need to go to fence to get money for it or clean to sell on normal market). Those Troves can get your into trouble if somebody sees you looting them, so be careful! I haven't been playing TG story line, went only a short trip to Hew's Bane. Place looked nice, but the only thing I have from that DLC is my pet (looks like a small dog). Neither TG or DB offer anything more then a new passive skill line which work more like an extension from Legerdemain in base game.

You are asking about crafting? Well I would actually recommend you to become a ESO+ subber as you will then have access to those new CraftingBags (it works as a second inventory for all your crafting and lures). You will suddenly feel that you don't have the same pressure to increase your size in bank and inventory as you had as before Dark Brotherhood (time for when those CraftingBags where introduced). There is still a need for more space at least for loot out in the world, so you would probably want to buy more inventory space later on and also some banks space for set items and which you can't store any other place. Take look into your "Collection" in game to see what will be there today instead of you inventory! Here you can find your pets, hats and all things that you can enable or disable on your character for look or as memento items.

As ESO+ member you could actually "try" out which DLC fits your expectations or play style and later buy those with Crowns, instead of buying those and regret it later. (For one moth as ESO+ member you will get 1500 Crowns, if you only want to "try out" CraftBags and unsub directly after that.) You will still have all mats in CraftsBags, but can't put anything into them after that.
    Edited by RexyCat on June 12, 2016 2:00PM
  • gtzempe_PAO_13
    Thnx for the time to spend for me to write all this!!! I ll buy then for sure orsinium to have it and i ll try all the other dlc with a month subscription. I really appreciate your help!
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer is yes for which comment? To buy orsinium only as i have already IC or to buy them all??

to buy them all
  • Mickey_Ox
    Mickey_Ox
    ✭✭✭✭
    @gtzempe_PAO_13 Get eso+ for a month and try them all out, then buy the ones you like or keep subbing to get access to all
    Ever Tried, Ever Failed,
    No Matter.
    Try again, Fail again,
    Fail Better
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    orsinium is totally worth it, well for me, thats the only place i get ruby mats.

plus maelstrom arena for the master weapon and gave my money to bethesda.

for me orsinium is the best dlc in terms of bang for your buck.
  • gtzempe_PAO_13
    thnx for your answers guys!!!
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only DLC I wouldnt pay for,would be IC,as it is pretty much all PvP.
    Unless that is your preferred playstyle.
    The others are PvE but for the arena in the Dark Brotherhood DLC.