Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Enchanter rune trading

xlWASP
xlWASP
Is decon'ing traded runes still the best way to level Enchanting? Last I played was 2 yrs ago and that was the way to do it.

If so, anyone want to rune trade with me??
Templar, Champion 130+ PC NA
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's a lot of effort to level enchanting by trading glyphs. I did my first enchanter that way. There have been changes to make it easier, though it's still the slowest craft to level by far. I've leveled three enchanters by just deconning glyphs. Doing the writs every day helps. You get a big boost from learning the runes, but it's best to do this the last few levels....it will make them go much faster.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's much easier than people think it is. I have 4 mains with enchanting at 50 and i'm leveling my mule alts as well right now.

Make the best purple glyphs you can on one character and decon them on another. That way both get inspiration and you will be at 50 for both of them in no time. Do NOT waste any level 10 runes on this, going up to level 9 is more than adequate.

You can buy stacks of 200 high level potency runes and rekuta in guild stores for reasonable amounts of gold.
    :smile:
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    I leveled it just by deconstructing the glyphs I found, it took ages.
  • dyerej93
    dyerej93
    I will trade mine with you. I have a LOT.
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    Someone linked me thiswhen I made a similar post. It contains the amount of IP gained from deconning in every crafting line.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/226749/craft-decon-ip-data-as-of-pts-patch-v2-3-0-thieves-guild-dlc-no-changes-in-tg-so-far

If thats TMI, just decon glyphs within 5 levels of either your character level or enchant level (whichever is higher) to get the most Inspiration points (same as XP for crafting)

And yes, you are right. You can even craft glyphs from an alt to decon to avoid the penalty from extracting your own.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you can, make sure you have the Inspiration Boost champion passive before grinding out your craft skills.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion