The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Craft-Decon IP data as of PTS patch V2.3.0 Thieves Guild DLC - No Changes in TG so far.

SpAEkus
SpAEkus
✭✭✭✭
This Craft-Decon data was re-verified on PTS patch V2.3.0 Thieves Guild DLC Please let me know if you find differences. IP data does not appear to have changed except where noted.

First, all skill leveling is based on basic raw math determined by ZOS. Every action that provides Experience (XP) or Inspiration (IP) simply has a value assigned to it that then adds up to meet the numerical requirements to raise the level of a particular skill. All this basic math has been compiled by countless others before me and I simply take the time to re-check it at each major patch and re-publish it for others.

With that said there is a another major idea that many may probably discuss in reply to this post. This data is just to give anyone that wants it the raw numbers that are behind what and how IP is given for crafting skill leveling. HOW this data is used is totally up to each player and I am not trying to imply that any particular method of obtaining this IP is the best or worst. The numbers are simply the numbers.

With that said, here is the data:

First the BS-Cloth-WW data.
  • All data is from items crafted by Character. All items are base white crafted. There is additional IP from Green and higher items whether crafted and upgraded or from loot.
  • All data is the maximum IP returned with no penalties. There are IP penalties for not being within a certain craft skill level of the material used. There are also material extraction penalties for the same reason.
  • NOTE: VR1 items return the same IP as L50 level items. This has changed since previous patches.
  • SP = Craft Skill Level to open that material level passive.
  • Item Level = Character level that can use/wear that item.
  • MATS = number of refined materials needed to craft that item at that level.
  • IP x MAT = The amount of IP returned for the number of MATS used
  • The last column is the total IP returned to two characters who craft then swap and decon each others items.
  • Crafted data is not available for VR15/16 items as you must already be Craft Skill Level 50 to make them therefore no further IP is given.
  • There are penalties for IP and materials returned if you are not within about 5 Character Levels or Craft Skill Levels (whichever is higher) of the material you are deconning. You will either receive less IP or no materials returned at all.
BSWWC_2_2_2.jpg

Next is the Glyph Craft-Decon data:
  • All data is from items crafted by Character. All items are crafted as noted. The IP from looted glyphs is the same for the exact same level of crafted glyph.
  • All data is the maximum IP returned with no penalties. There are penalties for IP and materials returned if you are not within about 5 Character Levels or Craft Skill Levels (whichever is higher) of the material you are deconning. You will either receive less IP or no materials returned at all.
  • IP is returned from Aspect and Potency runes by level only. Additive and Subtractive for each Potency rune is the same. Essence runes do not determine any aspect of Glyph level.
  • DECON YOUR OWN CRAFTED GLYPHS GIVES MUCH LESS IP. The maximum IP for decon your own Monumental Gold Glyph is 5776, just over 15% of the normal 37722 return. That penalty applies to every level of your own crafted glyphs. The penalty for decon other own glyphs is you only receive 10% of the traded decon IP.
  • If you have already unlocked the Potency passives for each glyph level, you DO NOT receive any EXTRA IP for learning the individual rune. I have not confirmed whether this was simply deleted by ZOS as of the last patch.
  • Prefix = In-Game name (level) prefix of the Glyph
  • Potency = Each Potency rune has a level and until Greater there are Base and Base+ levels.
  • Gear level = The character usable item level of the item (Armor, Jewelry, Weapon) that the crafted Glyph may be applied to.
Glyph_2_2_2.jpg

The Glyph-Craft-Decon IP penalties for Enchant Skill Level can best be shown using a Enchanting Skill Level 1 character decon of Crafted Monumental Gold, Monumental Purple and Strong Green glyphs.

The penalty for decon own non-Gold glyphs is 90%. (note some numbers off just due to LootDrop addon rounding)

• Maximum IP for Monumental Gold glyphs is not given until Skill Level 48. Monumental Purple at Level 32. And Strong Green at Level 4.
  • Enchant Level - Character Enchanting Skill Level
  • If you are using the highest level glyphs to level a new L1 Enchanter it will take more glyphs than the pure math due to the penalties.
  • To level a brand new enchanter to Level 32 will take 98 Monumental Purple Glyphs. Level 32 to Level 40 another 38 glyphs. And Level 40 to 50 another 79 glyphs.
Glyph2_2_2_2.jpg

Finally there is the total amount of IP required for any specific crafting skill level or passive. Note: The IP numbers per level are still exact, but some of the IP for passives need to be re-checked at next PTS.

First Blacksmith-Cloth-Woodworking

BSWWCIP.jpg

Then Provisioning-Alchemy-Enchanting

PAE.jpg
Edited by SpAEkus on February 21, 2016 6:46PM
  • mamericus
    mamericus
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the hard work!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NIce work. You say not to decon your own Glyphs, but my testing (not on the PTS) shows that Deconning a Glyph made by an Alt gives just as much Inspiration as one made by another player. Has this changed on the PTS? Mob loot gave slightly higher inspiration than Alt/Other Player made Glyphs. Yes, deconning a Glyph you just made on the same character does give bupkiss for Inspiration.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here you go

1 internet for you!
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor

Maybe I need to rephrase that more, yes I am referring to crafting and deconning the same glyph on the same character.

And I don't have any L48-49 Skill Level Enchanter Alts right now. If you know of anyone at that skill level that would decon some V15 glyphs for me let me know and I'll buy a few to fill in that chart. They can keep the returns as long as they log the IP returned with LootDrop, CLS or another addon.
    Edited by SpAEkus on October 29, 2015 8:10PM
  • ShadowscaleSithis
    ShadowscaleSithis
    ✭✭✭
    Commenting to try and remember to look at this when I get home
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    So in order to avoid the level penalty I should I deconstruct glyphs within 5 levels of whichever level I s highest between my character and crafting level?

I seem to get more experience and less materials for veteran level glyphs on my level 15 alt.

Edit: Nevermind. I figured it out. Thanks for the great information and hard work! It's helped me level my Alt much more efficiently.
    Edited by Serenityx on March 17, 2016 12:48AM
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SpAEkus , Deconstructing XP with VR1 toon with 48 level enchanting, vr15 (Superb) glyphs made by alt. Live EU, no ESO+, passives:. Aspect 3/4, Potency 9/10
    White: 4384
    Green: 8770
    Blue: 14647
    Purple: 26312
    Golden: 41151
    At level 49 whites to purple gave same inspiration (saved one Kuta)

BUT monumental/purple gives 23630. Your table shows 21661 above level 32. So i am getting a bit higher inspiration ???
    Screenshot%202016-03-17%2011.56.08.png
    CLS log from bottom to top: few monumental/purples to get to 48. Then superbs from white to golden. Again monumentals to level up to 49, then superbs from white to purple
    Screenshot%202016-03-17%2012.09.24.png
    Skills
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    Just got my alt to 50 enchant :) thanks to an extremely kind player who traded/crafted a bunch of glyphs for me and also thanks to this info, I seemed to find that deconning glyphs closest to my enchant level first and saved the higher level ones for last and that seemed to give me the most efficient IP. I used ONLY green+ quality with a handful of whites that seemed to give me a lot less IP than glyphs of same level/higher quality. However I didnt track the amount of glyphs it took and I wasn't able to track the amount of IP per glyph since ZOS seems to think IP gains aren't relevant to console players :/
    Edited by Serenityx on May 15, 2016 4:27AM