Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ALL MOTIFS UPDATED LIST

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NovaMarx wrote: »
    Doncellius wrote: »
    NovaMarx wrote: »
    Mysticals wrote: »
    If it can help, all craftable motifs can be previews here, Dark Brotherhood Dlc motifs are also available. ;)

The above link is so awesome, and would highly recommend it!! :smiley:

And there is also eso-fashion.com

So personally don't see the need for it as a thread on the forums, as it isn't as easy to navigate through as a site dedicated to this. I will continue using the two sites mentioned above for my previews (and other crafting info). :smile:

But generally good idea :wink:

Eh, to each their own ;)

Many have bookmarked this post because it provides a really quick and simple way to find every single motif w/ their motif numbers (if available) and the sets which they are part of. Good for a basic preview/skimming and easy comparisons.

I tried. Can't make em' all happy....

I hope you understand that I was merely pointing out some of the many already existing options out there for previews - no criticism, other than it maybe seeming obsolete (the idea is good, no doubt about that!). And if people prefer to see it in a forum thread, then that is cool too :wink: As long as everyone is happy, and can get the previews they want :blush:

I know lol. Np at all. No offense to even take :)

I personally made my guide because it's very easy to check on my IPhone. Just load a forum page and you have everything in front of you, whereas the preview websites are all slow and annoying to deal with (on my phone).

When I want to know which motifs all of the in-game sets are styled in I check here and find them, which isn't something you can conveniently find anywhere else.

As long as it helps even one forum user I'm happy because it did help me :#

Edited by Vaoh on May 28, 2016 5:43AM
  • AardvarkChips
    AardvarkChips
    ✭✭✭
    I took a few s/s of the Order in Kvatch, wearing what I think is the Akatosh. Is it ok to post them here, or send them to the OP?
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took a few s/s of the Order in Kvatch, wearing what I think is the Akatosh. Is it ok to post them here, or send them to the OP?

Send em to me :) Make sure they are 7/7 light, medium, or heavy though. Format the pictures like Akaviri if you have all three armor weights, and like Ebony if you have one of the armor weights!
  • AardvarkChips
    AardvarkChips
    ✭✭✭
    I am not sure how to tell whether they're all heavy or mixed. It's NPCs wearing it. I was asking because all that's on the thread is concept art and they're not craftable. So, when I saw the order wearing them in game, I thought I'd try to get pics.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AardvarkChips
    Chances are NPCs are wearing full heavy/medium/light. Try to match it up with concept art and not as good pics from online. I have not yet played the DB DLC to do anything. PS4 player here -_-
  • AardvarkChips
    AardvarkChips
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I will try.
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who told you that Minotaur motif won't be craftable?

Please, tell me the open post is not updated yet :'(
    Edited by Didaco on June 9, 2016 6:53PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didaco wrote: »
    Who told you that Minotaur motif won't be craftable?

@Didaco

Please, tell me the open post is not updated yet :'(

I believe that Minotaur (or perhaps it goes by a different name) is the Dark Brotherhood equivalent of Ra Gada from Thieves Guild.

This means it will take longer to become craftable than the other DB motifs yet still has a chance to become craftable.

ZOS is extremely predictable here. Just know that I cannot 100% guarantee what I'm about to say will be correct:
    • Fact: The Orsinium DLC motifs "Malacath" and "Trinimac" became craftable when Thieves Guild released, but not "Reach Winter".

• Fact: The Thieves Guild DLC motifs "Abah's Watch" and "Thieves Guild" became craftable when Dark Brotherhood released, but not "Ra Gada".

• Fact: The Dark Brotherhood DLC motif "Dark Brotherhood" will become craftable when the 3rd Quarter 2016 DLC releases.

• Educated Guess: The Dark Brotherhood DLC arrived with the "Akatosh" and "Minotaur" motifs as well. Considering the way in which the craftable motifs are chosen, and the drop availability of new sets in regards to their motifs.... I think "Akatosh" will become craftable in the 3rd Quarter 2016 DLC. Minotaur will be left out like Reach Winter and Ra Gada for future release -_-

***VERY LATE EDIT: Turns out ZOS was not predictable. In fact, the pattern no longer makes any sense. Craftable motif release is pretty random now!
    Edited by Vaoh on June 29, 2016 9:16AM
  • AardvarkChips
    AardvarkChips
    ✭✭✭
    I have some Akatosh pics now. Can't upload them in PM, for some reason. Can I email you? They're already cropped and saved as .jpgs. Down side, I couldn't find anyone around the town (where they're non-hostile) wearing light, so I got medium and heavy, both male and female, and a before/after pic of a hostile male in light. They're face on, but I can go back and try to get semi-profiles if you prefer.

*edit* The casters still won't let me get close enough for a pic. I'll keep trying and re-edit when I finally am able to sneak up to one. In the mean time, here are the heavy and medium.

l5DryGc.jpg

gmy5Cui.jpg

Edited by AardvarkChips on June 21, 2016 11:42AM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AardvarkChips Feel free to crop them in as similar a form as the Akaviri Motif pic I listed shows (with all three armors side by side).

Adjust brightness, crop pictures and such, etc. Using Invisible Potions or being a Nightblade can make getting the three pictures you'll combine MUCH easier.

I really appreciate it!

Update your last post with the finished picture using an Edit. Send me a PM about it once you do this, and we can go from there! No rush friend :)
    Edited by Vaoh on June 10, 2016 2:25AM
  • The_Great_Maldini
    The_Great_Maldini
    ✭✭✭
    This is one of the best threads on the forums!
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ***Big update to this list :)

I added the How to obtain the Crafting Motif and Style Material section to all numbered (and therefore craftable in the future) motifs!

Finished off the Sets in this Style section and added new pictures as well!

We are now updated fully for Dark Brotherhood :-)

*Now added pictures for the Akatosh aka Order of the Hour motif. Curtesy of @AardvarkChips
    Edited by Vaoh on June 21, 2016 5:10PM
  • Aemon_Isklexi
    Aemon_Isklexi
    ✭✭✭
    I think you're right that the Minotaur set won't be craftable. The big giveaway for me was when I finally got a helmet from the set. The Minotaur helmet is one solid color at the dye table. While all armors have 3 color slots at the dye table not all armors use all of them, but this is the first piece of armor I've had that only uses one. It also means the helmet looks ridiculous when dyed any color other than grey or black because the entire helmet will be that color.

edit: It's also very disappointing considering that only the heavy armor version is available. It's kind of a waste to have a medium and light armor version of the style that is only ever used by NPC phantoms.
    Edited by Aemon_Isklexi on June 21, 2016 3:38PM
    "I do not carry such information in my mind since it is readily available in books. ...The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think." ~Albert Einstein
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you're right that the Minotaur set won't be craftable. The big giveaway for me was when I finally got a helmet from the set. The Minotaur helmet is one solid color at the dye table. While all armors have 3 color slots at the dye table not all armors use all of them, but this is the first piece of armor I've had that only uses one. It also means the helmet looks ridiculous when dyed any color other than grey or black because the entire helmet will be that color.

edit: It's also very disappointing considering that only the heavy armor version is available. It's kind of a waste to have a medium and light armor version of the style that is only ever used by NPC phantoms.

I think it will be craftable but only after awhile. The icons for the Ra Gada and Draugr style materials (both raw and refined) have recently been datamined. Ra Gada is in there, so Reach Winter and Minotaur will be eventually as well. It'll be cradtable but like you said a bit strange from the helm only taking one dye.

I had hoped the Hide of Morihaus set would be a Variable Set (all armor weights) instead of just Heavy Armor, but at least it has all weapons and jewelry!
    Edited by Vaoh on June 21, 2016 5:08PM
  • Zabernat
    Zabernat
    ✭✭✭
    New motif for the game patch 11 dungeon pack dlc announced today! Looks like a tribal style.
    Kahjit main in the Aldmeri Dominion.
    Templar of the Knightly Orders
    Herald of Justice to all of Tamriel
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^ Thank you @Zabernat

Added it as New Argonian Style to the bottom of the page until we know more.

Considering making a few new sections for Undaunted Monster Sets since there are some concept art pictures of monster helms that were never made obtainable (for each current Normal-only dungeon).
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have a link to the most current Skill/Passive requirements for all the Styles beyond Basic Alliance?

The last I can find is this:
    • Primal - 6 or more points
    • Barbaric - 7 or more points
    • Ancient Elves – 8 or more points
    • Daedric – 9 points

• Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in the game after farming some motifs and checking which one I have I saw the ebon style book in their with the name of all the pieces it can be made it so does that mean its in the game?
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just went and checked on Live since I can't find anywhere else:
      All Basic Alliance Plus Imperial - 1 Point Primal - 6 or more points Barbaric - 7 or more points Ancient Elves – 8 or more points Daedric – 9 points Dwemer - 9 Points Akaviri - 9 Points Mercenary - 9 Points Xivkyn - 9 Points Covenant - 10 points Dominion - 10 Points Pact - 10 Points All Orsinium, Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood DLC - 1 Point
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SpAEkus Thank you for this! I had planned on figuring this out myself but did not have the time to. Nice work.

@Jaronking
    You found an Ebony crafting motif? You can find a few in-game sets that are styled with this motif, but not the actual crafting book. Both the book/chapters and style material are unobtainable atm. We don't even know what the style material is supposed to be yet! Lol.

Are you sure you it was an Ebony motif?
    Edited by Vaoh on June 22, 2016 9:45PM
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SpAEkus Thank you for this! I had planned on figuring this out myself but did not have the time to. Nice work.

@Jaronking
    You found an Ebony crafting motif? You can find a few in-game sets that are styled with this motif, but not the actual crafting book. Both the book/chapters and style material are unobtainable atm. We don't even know what the style material is supposed to be yet! Lol.

No am saying if you check under styles in your lore book ebony style and all of its armor and weapons parts are under their.For example it's says Ebony swords and ebony helmets style not learned.Its right under Ebonheart pact style.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »

@Jaronking

No am saying if you check under styles in your lore book ebony style and all of its armor and weapons parts are under their.For example it's says Ebony swords and ebony helmets style not learned.Its right under Ebonheart pact style.

Oh.... yeah I never checked myself but heard about this. It's ZOS messing up, nothing more. You cannot actually get any of the chapters despite having an achievement -_-

What this DOES tell us is:
    1) Although it was obvious that Ebony would become a craftable style, this mistake by ZOS confirms it.
    2) We will have to learn it from separate chapters instead of a full book..... or buy the datamined Crown Store version of the book when it comes out.
  • Aemon_Isklexi
    Aemon_Isklexi
    ✭✭✭
    I think it will be craftable but only after awhile. The icons for the Ra Gada and Draugr style materials (both raw and refined) have recently been datamined. Ra Gada is in there, so Reach Winter and Minotaur will be eventually as well. It'll be craftable but like you said a bit strange from the helm only taking one dye.

I had hoped the Hide of Morihaus set would be a Variable Set (all armor weights) instead of just Heavy Armor, but at least it has all weapons and jewelry!
    I was very disappointed with the Morihaus helm. I'd wanted it for one of my characters, but the color scheme of his outfit is orange and black. The helm just doesn't look good when it's dyed.
    "I do not carry such information in my mind since it is readily available in books. ...The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think." ~Albert Einstein
  • Xerosus
    Xerosus
    ✭✭✭
    Why the hell did they give the Dark Brotherhood style long skirts? The upper body and boots look glorious but the "legs" sure don't.
  • Aemon_Isklexi
    Aemon_Isklexi
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't care for the knee length skirt on the Dark Brotherhood outfits, you can just use the Assassin's league motif instead. It's simpler to use the league style anyway since the actual DB style is only available on the Sithis' set.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for this - your guide just keeps getting better!

A couple of things I wanted to point out:

1. Since the release of Orsinium, I have looted several of the #11-14 motifs from the usual types of containers in both Orsinium and the Hollow City. You no longer have to wait until Cadwell's Silver/Gold to loot these.

2. I have NEVER found copper, argentum, palladium, or daedra hearts from the usual types of containers in my alliance zone. I did find a number prior to Cadwell's Silver/Gold, but these came from heavy sacks, hirelings, and decon. Also, I've looted all four from the usual containers in Gold, but only copper/argentum in silver. EDIT: Perhaps this is just a case of RNG?

3. Nickel is also purchasable from vendors, just as the #1-9 style mats.

4. Dwemer pages and Dwemer scrap can be found in ANY Dwemer container - it doesn't have to be in a Dwarven dungeon. In fact, I've found a good number of both the pages and scrap in the one building in the Hollow City, near the writ drop-off location. All the Dwemer containers in there have a chance to drop either of these (along with Dwarven gears).

5. You still indicate that Abah's Watch, Thieves Guild, and Assassins League aren't craftable but will be with the launch of Dark Brotherhood. :)

Just a few observations as I read through your excellent guide and thought I'd share with you. Feel free to add any of this to your guide or just ignore. :)
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on June 23, 2016 5:24PM
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is sick.

Is this being updated?
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it bug anyone else that the new Argonian style is not designed to fit Argonians?

I'm looking specifically at the heavy helm. Though Argonian skulls have an elongated snout, for some reason the skull used in the helmet utilizes a more flat-faced profile. Which means, without the game mechanics stretching the mesh, it would only fit Men and Mer.

Seems like any Argonian styles intended to cover the face would be designed with the elongated snout profile by default. But, instead, we get yet another helm that will end up looking weird on Argonian heads.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

1. Since the release of Orsinium, I have looted several of the #11-14 motifs from the usual types of containers in both Orsinium and the Hollow City. You no longer have to wait until Cadwell's Silver/Gold to loot these.

2. I have NEVER found copper, argentum, palladium, or daedra hearts from the usual types of containers in my alliance zone. I did find a number prior to Cadwell's Silver/Gold, but these came from heavy sacks, hirelings, and decon. Also, I've looted all four from the usual containers in Gold, but only copper/argentum in silver. EDIT: Perhaps this is just a case of RNG?

4. Dwemer pages and Dwemer scrap can be found in ANY Dwemer container - it doesn't have to be in a Dwarven dungeon. In fact, I've found a good number of both the pages and scrap in the one building in the Hollow City, near the writ drop-off location. All the Dwemer containers in there have a chance to drop either of these (along with Dwarven gears).

5. You still indicate that Abah's Watch, Thieves Guild, and Assassins League aren't craftable but will be with the launch of Dark Brotherhood. :)

Just a few observations as I read through your excellent guide and thought I'd share with you. Feel free to add any of this to your guide or just ignore. :)
    @Jayne_Doe
    Wow. Thank you for this! You must've been extremely thorough in reading my post to catch these things!

I'm always trying to improve it. Those sections about where to get the style mats/motifs was only added recently. I'll definitely update it with what you found. There are a few other things I will put in today as well but will mainly wait until later to write in all of this.

Again, thank you for taking the time help me out! :)

@The_Outsider Yea. always lol.

I will keep playing ESO so it'll stay constantly updated unless ZOS does not plan to address console (PS4-specifically) performance issues anytime in the future. In that case I would quit the game -_-

Also adding new sections overtime. For example, it used to just be the pics, now I show which sets are in which style and how to obtain craftable motifs/style mats.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

@Jayne_Doe
    Wow. Thank you for this! You must've been extremely thorough in reading my post to catch these things!

I'm always trying to improve it. Those sections about where to get the style mats/motifs was only added recently. I'll definitely update it with what you found. There are a few other things I will put in today as well but will mainly wait until later to write in all of this.

Again, thank you for taking the time help me out! :)

@The_Outsider Yea. always lol.

I will keep playing ESO so it'll stay constantly updated unless ZOS does not plan to address console (PS4-specifically) performance issues anytime in the future. In that case I would quit the game -_-

Also adding new sections overtime. For example, it used to just be the pics, now I show which sets are in which style and how to obtain craftable motifs/style mats.

You're welcome! I have this thread bookmarked, so I saw that you had updated it with how to obtain the motifs/style mats as well as what sets are in those styles. So, I took a look, as I was mainly curious about the sets, but, yeah, pretty much read through it pretty thoroughly. :)

Also wanted to mention how well I think your guide is put together. Using the spoiler function to include a lot of info without making the post a mile long is great.

EDIT: I'm on XB and also suffering from severe performance issues. :(
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on June 23, 2016 6:27PM