Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Thieves Guild XP

Caroloces
Caroloces
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm just wondering about this: Does the xp you gain from doing the traditional Justice System activities - pickpocketing, looting chests, etc - contribute to your Thieves Guild skill line and allow you to level it up? Or do you have to specifically do Thieves Guild quests, heists, and jobs to level that up?
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting question.I hadnt thought about it,as I never pay attention to my XP.However,I noticed that whenever I head to Hews Bane for some loot in the delves,I always do get XP.So,I would think yes that you do get CP from other things.I know you do from killing monsters and critters like Lions,etc.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I believe you only get TG skill line exp from doing TG jobs and quests. I loot a lot of stuff but I've only ever seen the skill line go up when I turn in tip board quests and the stuff I stole for Kari's Hit List.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • RandalMarrs
    RandalMarrs
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, what that one said.
  • Caroloces
    Caroloces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks,
    Yeah, I tested it out last night - ordinary pickpocketing and thievery that came with Justice System only levels up legerdemain line, and not TG. On the other hand, leveling up legerdemain should help improve Thieves Guild activities.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    I believe you only get TG skill line exp from doing TG jobs and quests. I loot a lot of stuff but I've only ever seen the skill line go up when I turn in tip board quests and the stuff I stole for Kari's Hit List.

Ahh.Skill line XP yes.I thought the OP meant all XP.