Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

LGBT community guild?♡

Slashie
Slashie
✭✭
Hi all, hopefully this a search option in the new guild finder tool, but im looking for a LGBT community guild.
I play AD, have 2 vr16s, and love to help other players but something is missing from my main guild.
I actually joined a LGBT "friendly" guild to see how it was, but it was mostly just gay boys. Not that thats a bad thing.
I understand that its a very small niche, but I want a guild with more trans members, and real community!
Im mainly looking for the community, and mostly pve, so its okay if you're on another alliance,
Where are all the transgender gamers at in ESO?
My userID is @slashie113, feel free to send me a piece of mail in-game about your guild, or reply to the thread!
Looking forward to some responses ♥
  • WellanEmereauld
    WellanEmereauld
    Soul Shriven
    have you find your LGBT guild?
  • Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you don't mind me asking, I have a rather honest question. What sets an LGBT guild apart from any other social guilds? My own guilds are friendly and helpful, keep chat clean and free of abusive comments, and are in general supportive of everyone who choose to reveal more details about their personal lives. So how are "LGBT-friendly" guilds different? :)
    Not even daedra have two left feet!
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lariana wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking, I have a rather honest question. What sets an LGBT guild apart from any other social guilds? My own guilds are friendly and helpful, keep chat clean and free of abusive comments, and are in general supportive of everyone who choose to reveal more details about their personal lives. So how are "LGBT-friendly" guilds different? :)

That's like asking "Why do you need a specific 'Mature' Guild? We accept old people in our guild and in general don't make fun of you for being old."

Not really the pitch I would need to make me want to join.
  • TrystofFate
    TrystofFate
    ✭✭✭
    May I suggest checking out esorequiem.us we are a social LGBT friendly mature guild with a variety of players including transgendered individuals We are however a DC guild... But we wont give you too much grief for having AD toons as long as you have at least one DC toon
    Requiem
    Licks-on-Stones | Miss Anne Thropic | Eve Uhl | Zavier O'nasis
  • TrystofFate
    TrystofFate
    ✭✭✭

I can honestly say that LGBT friendly guilds are sought after by the LGBT community because there are many guilds that are not LGBT friendly. We of the LGBT community have enough *** comments to deal with every day, we don't need it from guild members. We want to feel safe and comfortable. We have thick skin... but it's not impenetrable.
    Requiem
  • Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can honestly say that LGBT friendly guilds are sought after by the LGBT community because there are many guilds that are not LGBT friendly. We of the LGBT community have enough *** comments to deal with every day, we don't need it from guild members. We want to feel safe and comfortable. We have thick skin... but it's not impenetrable.

Well, that makes sense. I guess even in the nicest of guilds there might be a few oddballs who may react unpredictably. Thank you for answering :)
    Not even daedra have two left feet!
  • Aandre_the_Giant
    Aandre_the_Giant
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrs Paladium is a LGBT friendly guild. Then again, we are a military friendly guild, we are an inter-continental friendly guild, we are tolerant regardless of your religion, or lack thereof.

As our guild rule pertaining to this matter is written:

11. NO DISCRIMINATION! This SHOULD be covered under rule one, but I figured I'd make it perfectly clear it won't be tolerated. If you are caught discriminating or making ANY discriminatory comments against a fellow guildie, you will be fired, without question. I don't care what race/sex/religion/sexual orientation a person is, this is a NON BIASED guild.
    Edited by Aandre_the_Giant on May 26, 2016 12:39PM
    Aandre_the_Giant (Tyrs Forum Name - Commodore, Main Character - Frobozz of Zork, Sorcerer)
    Guild Founder
    TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Elder Scrolls Online Founders Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!

Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website!
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pacrooti's Hirelings is LGBT Friendly and has been explicitly advertised as such since it's inception July 6th 2014. We also have an EU Server branch. I'll shoot you an invite.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Sinthrax
    Sinthrax
    ✭✭✭✭
    What I don't understand is in the process of equality you seclude yourself in your own guild. You are treating others as you don't want to be treated. Do you think I don't get *** from guild members too? And I am not LGBT. You dont have to be LGBT to be abused in games.

Regardless, I wish you luck.
    Edited by Sinthrax on May 28, 2016 2:47AM
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭

How do people even know you are LGBT? I don't understand this. Are you just coming across LGBT hate commentary or something?
  • TrystofFate
    TrystofFate
    ✭✭✭
    Autumn, It's ok that you may not understand how many LGBT gamers feel about the desire to be in a comfortable accepting community. Acknowledging that you do not understand something is a great first step in learning. I would highly suggest learning more about LBGT history and culture to try and see the issue from a different perspective. You may learn something useful.

Sinthrax, if you're getting flack from guild mates... perhaps you don't have the nicest of guild mates. In Requiem we have a majority of non-LGBT members, however they are comfortable and accepting with the LGBT community and to all members. I don't get *** from guild mates because our members are supportive, friendly, and respectful. If you're unhappy with the way your guild treats you, then you have two options: change your guild or change your self. In the meantime, I'll continue to do my part in letting people know of a guild that will provide an alternative perspective on how the gaming community should treat one another.
    Requiem
  • Agryvex
    Agryvex
    Soul Shriven
    My guild, Isen Rose is VERY LGBT friendly. Feel free to check out our website for more info about us, or message me directly if you like.
  • KiwiBlaze
    KiwiBlaze
    Soul Shriven
    Part of the problem is that simple questions can be bad questions to ask. We ask, "What gender are you?" and we expect one of two answers. There are problems with those that have varing genders based on the day, how is that possible? The word Gender is very loaded and problematic.

Non-LGBTIQ pharses are triggering for people. "Oh harden up" has no LGBTIQ reference or direct link, but if your father beat you everyday for not being a 'man enough', it can be difficult to say, "Hey can you not use that pharse with me?" Because you then have to explain why, out yourself, and give personal information you dont normally have to give. And if you refuse to give a reason, it can make the situation worse.

And lastly, my username should be GayKiwi but because it's offence, proacotive to people who hold relgious ideals, and has the protential to cause flamewars it becomes problematic. My ingame name is Gay Kiwi, and is quite happy being so.

Gay is not a bad word, and yet we 100% block the word. I at first, used the word Gay to honour Gay Kayler, nothing to do with sexuality (that I am aware of). And was quite often reffered to as GK, that evolved when I got sick of people asking me where I lived, and so it changed to Kiwi - Kiwi is a flightless bird native to New Zealand, and is a positive term to call someone born or living in New Zealand (its better to education than to answer).

And at the end of the day, when we blanket ban these trigger words, we encourage their use in a negitive way.
  • Slashie
    Slashie
    ✭✭
    Imagine you identify as a Mechanic.
    You have guilds full of people who drive cars, trucks, and motorcycles, but nobody to talk to about it.
    Now imagine you found a guild, filled with members who encourage and share in pleasant conversation about the parts you are working on, the work you have done, the plans you have for your vehicle moving forward, and all the hiccups you uncover along the way. This would understandably be a wonderful place to socialize with other human beings about something that is important to you.
    Now imagine that a large part of society is very ignorant towards fixing automobiles, even hateful against those who do. Most religions shame you for having a car, discourage working on cars, talking about cars, and especially identifying as a mechanic. Some people's families and friends cast them out for being a mechanic. This type of society would not be a pleasant society to live in for you, when all you want to do is work on your dang car, and be able to have friends in game to talk to about it. (Do not make this a "So make RL friends" issue.)
    For members of the LGBT community, this is exactly the society we live in. Except we are not Mechanics. We are Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transsexual, Transgender, Gender Non-Conforming, Intersex, Human individuals who have to deal with ignorance, discrimination, bigotry, and verbal abuse. Simply because of our identity.
    If you don't understand, that's fine. How could you? You obviously don't identify any of these ways, and that's completely acceptable.
    The Elder Scrolls world is rich with LGBT inclusion and acceptance, it's the player characters who can present a problem. Being a member of an LGBT friendly/inclusive guild eliminates this problem. I hope you learned something today. <3
    Sinthrax wrote: »
    What I don't understand is in the process of equality you seclude yourself in your own guild. You are treating others as you don't want to be treated. Do you think I don't get *** from guild members too? And I am not LGBT. You dont have to be LGBT to be abused in games.

Regardless, I wish you luck.

Seeking an LGBT guild is not about equality, this is not feminism. It is neither about being abused in video games, quite the opposite. It is about inclusion and respect, having a safe place to be ourselves, to acknowledge and talk about our identities without having to deal with people who don't "get it." Avoiding people who post comments such as the one quoted here, is the whole idea.
  • Zeholipael
    Zeholipael
    Soul Shriven
    Gotta hand it to the post above me. Nailed everything.

And seriously, if people looking for a specific type of guild offends you that much, then it's not the OP that has an issue to deal with. So many times I see people mocking those who just want a community where they can feel accepted. I realize that one needs thick skin on the Internet, but a videogame should be fun, not an exercise in how many insults one can take before logging off.

I know, too, that most guilds are "LGBT-friendly" in the sense that they won't allow direct insults. Which is good, but it still leaves room for the casual insensitive comments (queue the mocking because I don't like being casually insulted by guildmates).

Now, to the actual topic instead of wasting more time on concern trolls. You can add me to that list of people looking for a guild like this. Doesn't need to be full of LGBTQ+ individuals, but I just like being sure that homophobic/transphobic jokes aren't the rule of the day.

Just shoot me a whisper, guys, gals, and nonbinaries.
    Edited by Zeholipael on June 8, 2016 2:26AM
  • Kaibeth
    Kaibeth
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be right behind you, Slashie. My interest is T mainly.
    What do dragons say when they see a new hatchling? Fus roh d'awwww!
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm new to the game, but I would also be interested in joining an LGBT+ guild. Rather not do a trial and error with majority straight guilds tbh.
  • Agryvex
    Agryvex
    Soul Shriven
    Anyone looking for an LGBT guild, check out Isen Rose. Here's our website. We're very LGBT friendly, as several of our members (including myself) are a part of that community. :)
  • olivesforge
    olivesforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the (mostly) AD side, definitely Pacrooti's. If you're looking specifically for PvP, Unusual Allies is not exclusively LGBT but is incredibly friendly.
    PCNA | Aldmeri Dominion
    OlivesForge / Swiss Army Templar | Twink of Insanity / Gankblade | Olivesisnotonfire / Annoying Sorc | E. Angus / Magicka Pigeon-Thrower | K. Angus / Stamina Pigeon-Thrower
    Personage of note in:
    Dominant Dominion | Ethereal Traders Union | Knights of the Istari | CoC | Cyrodiil FG
  • FoxFyre
    FoxFyre
    Soul Shriven
    I'm looking to join an LGBT friendly guild. Just cant seem to find anyone in game for recruiting purposes.
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pacrooti's is actually Mutifaction. The reason there are more AD than the other two faction isn't because I don't invite in those two factions because I do. It's simply because I don't get the requests from those two factions to join when I do my invite runs. I'd go so far as to say EP on the NA server tends to appeal to the more homophobic player and I get more abuse advertising as LGBT friendly in that faction than either DC or AD. At the end of the day all I can do is put the word out that we're open to new members. Who accepts the invite is entirely out of my control.

Send an in game email to @SteveCampsOut if you'd like an invite. I also run the same guild on the EU servers as well.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer