The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Qaevir Av Morilye, Sorc Montage #3[Ebonheart Pact]

• caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually enjoyed watching this
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    frozywozy wrote: »
    It's very sad what they've done to sorcs this patch. RIP

It's really bad. I think Magic DK is better then sorc now. I'm running 29k health with 40k magic shield stacks with Dampen + Hardened. So I have double the health of the average sorc.... my shield stack is higher then the average sorc, I still hit like a truck. And yet, it's all bad. I can die so easily. It's pathetic. If I ran this set-up 1 week ago... I'd be a monster to encounter on the field lol. This is really sad.

So I take all these stamtard FOTM's advice right? I, "invest into health." Ok. So I have 29.6k health with a 23k shield stack. I die so easy. 2 or more focus me with half a brain, im done for. I cannot stay offensive. My heal wards never ****ing heal me because my other shields already expired leaving heal ward exposed. I spend alot of fights permanently at under 50% health. Then I get CC'd, CC break since i know how to manage my stam very well, but I'm already dead. Doesn't matter. Sorc is dead. My core defense doesn't work. Shields are all I have. They don't work. They only last 6 seconds. This class is dead. You can only play destro/resto cookie-cutter, and even that sucks.

There are only 2 serious magic classes now. Templar and NB. I think Stam sorc is actually better then magic sorc now. ****ing disgusting. We sorcs and DKs are like kin now. We can share the same grave while all the scum stamturds run rampant thinking they are good. They never had an issue with sorcs even since 1.6. Bad players, so terrible, like Zenimax. Casuals like the **** game developers that don't even listen to PvP feedback. You are all terrible.

Are you being serious? You're saying that 29k health, 23k shields, 50k magicka, 12k crystal frags is not enough? Dude, I think you should try playing a stam sorc for a while and see how that goes for you lol.

Great video, good laughs.

You truly are obtuse aren't you? I do not have 50k magic with 29k health atm. Do you even read what I wrote, or are you just tunnel-visioned into your fallacious argumentation? Also, quit with the 50k magic bs in every thread that talks about sorcs. There were only 2 sorcs in NA PC that ran with 50k magic, me and Tamerlin. And the whole 50k magic thing don't work now, only a single cookie-cutter sorc build works now. Sounds good to you? I'll repeat it. Only a SINGLE cookie-cutter build works now. A single build. Single. S-i-n-g-l-e. Do you want me to teach you your abcs too while I'm at it Frozn?

Keep going around continuing your misconstrued misinformation because it suits your agenda. You sound like a parrot.
    Like I said, reroll stamsorc and go complete VMA, then we will talk.
    The nerfs were needed. Mag sorc was a joke before and now it's slowly reaching the level of any other spec.
    Can't go full offense while stacking 2-3shields anymore. The global cooldown you waste to stack 2shields on top of each other is 2/6 of the time if the first one. So you can't go full offense for 15seconds straight any longer.
    That was well done by Zenimax. Still alot of work to do.
    Not sure why you're complaining. Probably because you cannot run with dual wield anymore. You are forced to use healing ward for once. Mag DK has never been able to use dual wield, yet they are still squishy, lol.
    Edited by frozywozy on June 6, 2016 3:50AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's really bad. I think Magic DK is better then sorc now. I'm running 29k health with 40k magic shield stacks with Dampen + Hardened. So I have double the health of the average sorc.... my shield stack is higher then the average sorc, I still hit like a truck. And yet, it's all bad. I can die so easily. It's pathetic. If I ran this set-up 1 week ago... I'd be a monster to encounter on the field lol. This is really sad.

So I take all these stamtard FOTM's advice right? I, "invest into health." Ok. So I have 29.6k health with a 23k shield stack. I die so easy. 2 or more focus me with half a brain, im done for. I cannot stay offensive. My heal wards never ****ing heal me because my other shields already expired leaving heal ward exposed. I spend alot of fights permanently at under 50% health. Then I get CC'd, CC break since i know how to manage my stam very well, but I'm already dead. Doesn't matter. Sorc is dead. My core defense doesn't work. Shields are all I have. They don't work. They only last 6 seconds. This class is dead. You can only play destro/resto cookie-cutter, and even that sucks.

There are only 2 serious magic classes now. Templar and NB. I think Stam sorc is actually better then magic sorc now. ****ing disgusting. We sorcs and DKs are like kin now. We can share the same grave while all the scum stamturds run rampant thinking they are good. They never had an issue with sorcs even since 1.6. Bad players, so terrible, like Zenimax. Casuals like the **** game developers that don't even listen to PvP feedback. You are all terrible.

Are you being serious? You're saying that 29k health, 23k shields, 50k magicka, 12k crystal frags is not enough? Dude, I think you should try playing a stam sorc for a while and see how that goes for you lol.

Great video, good laughs.

You truly are obtuse aren't you? I do not have 50k magic with 29k health atm. Do you even read what I wrote, or are you just tunnel-visioned into your fallacious argumentation? Also, quit with the 50k magic bs in every thread that talks about sorcs. There were only 2 sorcs in NA PC that ran with 50k magic, me and Tamerlin. And the whole 50k magic thing don't work now, only a single cookie-cutter sorc build works now. Sounds good to you? I'll repeat it. Only a SINGLE cookie-cutter build works now. A single build. Single. S-i-n-g-l-e. Do you want me to teach you your abcs too while I'm at it Frozn?

Keep going around continuing your misconstrued misinformation because it suits your agenda. You sound like a parrot.
    Like I said, reroll stamsorc and go complete VMA, then we will talk.
    The nerfs were needed. Mag sorc was a joke before and now it's slowly reaching the level of any other spec.
    Can't go full offense while stacking 2-3shields anymore. The global cooldown you waste to stack 2shields on top of each other is 2/6 of the time if the first one. So you can't go full offense for 15seconds straight any longer.
    That was well done by Zenimax. Still alot of work to do.
    Not sure why you're complaining. Probably because you cannot run with dual wield anymore. You are forced to use healing ward for once. Mag DK has never been able to use dual wield, yet they are still squishy, lol.

wtf are you even rambling about?

I use heal ward all the time, it's necessary dual wield or not.

Magic DK is extremely potent in 1v1 with DW. But magic DK in itself is a whole nother bag of works. Oh, and here's a newsflash, I play magic DK still, unlike you. Sell-out.

Why the hell would I reroll Stam sorc? Why would I even do VMA? I never even bothered getting flawless conqueror. I'm a PvPer. I dont care about PvE achievements. Wtf does that have to do with anything? Strawman arguments left and right.

Go play easy-mode sorc Frozn. It's so easy bro. Show me how it's done big talk. Keep talking Frozn. Keep talking. You know so much about magic sorcs Frozn. Show me how it's done.

You enjoying your magic Templar alt Frozn? Welcome to the new magic FOTM class. You're such a good player Frozn. You know so much about sorcs. Definitely more then me lol. Show me how to sorc. Sorc is so easy mode according you to. Show me how its done. Go make your 50k magic sorc Frozn. Show us how it's done. I'll wait, patiently too.
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I've had the same experience in the same time. Stun. One shot death. Every time.

Impen doesn't help. Lightning form doesn't either. The problem is armor penetration in this patch is out of control. Sharpened on two weapons. Night mother set. Major fracture debuff. Spell Erosion. It adds up to more armor than a five piece light armor wearing person has on.

With the sorc shield nerf, one good hit and you're destroyed. Anyone screaming 'L2P' or 'give it another week!' is really terrible at math. Shields are about 5 seconds long after you cancel the animation.
    Edited by Minalan on June 7, 2016 6:29AM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Lord_Hev One thing to try if you're a glutton for punishment:

Back-bar the empowered Ward morph, and front bar the Nullify Magicka (bigger shield) morph.

The empowered Ward lasts 10 seconds, it's cheaper, and it gives you minor intellect to help pay for all this defensive casting. It absorbs maybe 8K, which isn't much, but it's easier to stack with the much larger 10K Nullify morph. You can refresh the front bar Ward twice before you have to swap back and refresh the secondary shield. It throws off the stun-nuke bow-tards enough that you sometimes survive.

It's basically ***, but I think it's the best we can manage this patch after getting Wrobel'ed. There's really not much you can do when your Stam opponent is stacking 15K of armor pen debuffs on you. You're naked without shields, get used to it.

Edited by Minalan on June 7, 2016 6:41AM
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    QAAAAAAAAAAAAAM! Good stuff
    Zavus - Khajiit Nightblade EP | AR 50
    Zāv - Imperial Templar | AR 24
    Zavbags - Argonian Nightblade EP | AR 19
    Zabus - Redguard Nightblade DC | AR 13
    Negate Three - Breton Sorcerer EP | AR 19
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Back-bar the empowered Ward morph, and front bar the Nullify Magicka (bigger shield) morph.

The empowered Ward lasts 10 seconds, it's cheaper, and it gives you minor intellect to help pay for all this defensive casting. It absorbs maybe 8K, which isn't much, but it's easier to stack with the much larger 10K Nullify morph. You can refresh the front bar Ward twice before you have to swap back and refresh the secondary shield. It throws off the stun-nuke bow-tards enough that you sometimes survive.

It's basically ***, but I think it's the best we can manage this patch after getting Wrobel'ed. There's really not much you can do when your Stam opponent is stacking 15K of armor pen debuffs on you. You're naked without shields, get used to it.

The build i'm running now has 29k health(32k when Storm Atronach is summoned lol) with 40k magic. And I stick with hardened and dampen on resto bar. I'm noticeably more tanky then the usual 21k health sorc and I have the same level of shield stack and damage. And yet, even with such a high health pool way above the norm... Stam builds can cut through my health pool like it's butter. And it's weird. Even with 23k shield stacks against stamina damage.... I feel squishier... How weird is that? I managed easily with just a 14.5/15k hardened ward and 22k health(sometimes 18k health) last week, then I do now with a 23k shield stack and 29k health. Lot of people are saying damage is wonky now. That might be playing a part that is compounding on our duration nerf. Something is definitely up.

I like your idea. I feel like it could work in theory. But in actual practice that ward is just so weak. Maybe I'll give it a try.
    PC NA
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The build i'm running now has 29k health(32k when Storm Atronach is summoned lol) with 40k magic. And I stick with hardened and dampen on resto bar. I'm noticeably more tanky then the usual 21k health sorc and I have the same level of shield stack and damage. And yet, even with such a high health pool way above the norm... Stam builds can cut through my health pool like it's butter. And it's weird. Even with 23k shield stacks against stamina damage.... I feel squishier... How weird is that? I managed easily with just a 14.5/15k hardened ward and 22k health(sometimes 18k health) last week, then I do now with a 23k shield stack and 29k health. Lot of people are saying damage is wonky now. That might be playing a part that is compounding on our duration nerf. Something is definitely up.

I like your idea. I feel like it could work in theory. But in actual practice that ward is just so weak. Maybe I'll give it a try.

@Lord_Hev The damage problem is the armor penetration (discussed above). Two sharpened weapons. Night mother set. Major and minor fracture. Spell erosion. Crushing enchant. Poisons. The armor debuffs all stack higher than the resist on your light set (10-15K). That's why we're getting one-shot. It's worse this week because everyone and their brother figured out how to do it.

I'm at 23k/40k and I went atronach Mundus, regen is needed more than ever with short shields. How are you stacking 29K health? I mean, I can get a little more by dropping Magicka for health on jewelry and making up for it with magelight? Maybe take a third torug's piece and add structured entropy instead of power surge?

We fought once or twice in the sewers (you won), it'll be sad to lose such a good opponent.
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Lord_Hev The damage problem is the armor penetration (discussed above). Two sharpened weapons. Night mother set. Major and minor fracture. Spell erosion. Crushing enchant. Poisons. The armor debuffs all stack higher than the resist on your light set (10-15K). That's why we're getting one-shot. It's worse this week because everyone and their brother figured out how to do it.

I'm at 23k/40k and I went atronach Mundus, regen is needed more than ever with short shields. How are you stacking 29K health? I mean, I can get a little more by dropping Magicka for health on jewelry and making up for it with magelight? Maybe take a third torug's piece and add structured entropy instead of power surge?

We fought once or twice in the sewers (you won), it'll be sad to lose such a good opponent.

Max undaunted, attribute allocation, prism enchants, and structured entropy. I run Lich set, so I'm able to able to focus on raw stats while allowing my lich procs to cover my sustain.
    PC NA
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you experimented with running Unstoppable? I haven't tried it yet; I don't have prismatic enchants (prolly should try that) so I don't have enough stamina. It's hella expensive for magicka builds, but I wonder if it might be worth it to counter CC. It'd have better uptime than Immovable pots.

• V3ntoux
    V3ntoux
    ✭✭✭

Well said, and couldn't agree more.

R.I.P. The game seems more broken than ever right now.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It speaks volumes to @wrobel stupidity and incompetence when one of our class' best players can't make a viable build work for this class in PVP.

Own this Eric.

You wrecked Magicka sorc as a class.
    You overdid armor penetration by a factor of ten.
    You made light armor useless to wear.

Fix this mess, or resign so that someone else will.

PS: there are no f***ing sorc 'crit tanks'. Moron...
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mag DK has never been able to use dual wield, yet they are still squishy, lol.

I run DW solo a lot on mDK. No problems.

VMA sorc QQ zos? Nerf overload maybe..? No.. Everything else? Right.
    Edited by Ghostbane on June 7, 2016 5:46PM
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons