Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Soo... dungeons? What happend?

jenna3268ub17_ESO
jenna3268ub17_ESO
Soul Shriven
So since vet ranks are gone.. does that mean dungeons dont scale anymore? So if im level 17, i will be put with people around my level? And if that's the case... then that means que's will be like 6 hours long....

Can someone explain to me what happend with dungeons now?
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queued dungeons always scale to max level which is cp 160, essentially the exact same thing as the old v16. Basically no change to the dungeons. If you are under that, you scale up to the stats of a cp 160 toon and if your gear is appropriate to your level it also scales up to cp 160.
  • jenna3268ub17_ESO
    jenna3268ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks Red :smile:
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    So since vet ranks are gone.. does that mean dungeons dont scale anymore? So if im level 17, i will be put with people around my level? And if that's the case... then that means que's will be like 6 hours long....

Can someone explain to me what happend with dungeons now?

You can also Teleport to nearest Wayshrine and get your friends in the group (use Group Tool) to teleport to the entrance of Dungeon. It is enough that only one of you TP and then rest of you can get to nearest WS.

That person who creates group will also become group leader with Crown. He/she can give it to anyone in group. By picking who will wear the crown (become Group leader) in the group, that person will scale group for Dungeon to that persons level when entering Dungeon this way instead of using Group Tool for being cued and transported there as a group. [Make sure that you group also wait to disband/leave group, if they want time to gather some loot or lorebooks after Dungeon have been cleared. If all members of your group leave group too fast you will be transported back where you where before you confirmed transportation into Dungeon. It is enough with only two person to keep staying in Dungeon.]

You can not use level as any indicator for what kind of passives each player might have as some player may have a very large pool of Champion Points which they can use already on low level (before lvl 50). Best way to avoid confusion would be to talk in group about which passives (open Skill view and look for what you have picked with Skill Points) and what CP you have been able to invest to avoid too high expectation for what you might be able to do in the group. Level 17 means that you only have had a few runs/quests to build up rank for each active skill with your secondary weapon (from lvl 15).

Remember that you can control which skills you will get experience (=rank) for when you make the last conversation with NPC to get your quest reward (same NPC which will give you some kind of loot and gold in the end). So if you have skills you want to increase in rank, but might be to expensive in magic or stamina to use during Dungeon fights (most morph both reduces cost and some more effects), then you can still get those XP to increase your rank for those skill as long as your remember to change your bar to have those skills before you talk with that last NPC for quest.