Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka DK viable in PTS PVP?

Actually_Goku
Actually_Goku
✭✭✭✭
Or is it still going to be all about stamina in PVP? I'm seriously considering a Magicka DK for PVP to be different to all the inevitable cookie-cutter stamknights and stamblades, but don't want to get completely nuked against everyone. I'm a pretty good PVP player, the class only has a range weakness imo.

So has anyone tried or saw one in action? Super curious to know, especially with all the changes to vamps :)
  • mechsauc3
    mechsauc3
    ✭✭
    also curious how magicka dk are right now, im leveling atm.. for pvp ofc.

What are some pros, cons of magicka dk and stam dk?
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka dk has always been viable in pvp. The issue is its very difficult to play effectively as there anre many more weaknesses than just not having ranged damage. We got some indirect buffs due to heavy armor and vamp buffs this patch but they are by no means game changing.

If you decide to play one...you will get wrecked over and over and over again until you learn the class its strengths and weaknesses rotations counters and play styles. The skill cap is higher for mDK than just about every other class. If you run into a good mDK you will know immediately problem is you don't run into many. That said they are great in groups for the support and cc they provide when played correctly.

So I'll say what I said before TG came out when everyone was shouting "mDK is back!"...if you could play it successfully before you'll be even better now. If you couldn't you probably still can't unless your really willing to take the time to learn and practice. Most people aren't.
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mDK is alot stronger this patch. I feel the strongest i have felt since the glory days of mDK. Probably the best time to learn it is now while it isnt extremely punishing. That said, you do need alot of time to learn it and master it.
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Actually_Goku
    Actually_Goku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good reply bro, cheers. I think I'll continue levelling mine, then. I find DK the most fun class, and I'm not a massive fan of Stam builds.
  • Actually_Goku
    Actually_Goku
    ✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    mDK is alot stronger this patch. I feel the strongest i have felt since the glory days of mDK. Probably the best time to learn it is now while it isnt extremely punishing. That said, you do need alot of time to learn it and master it.

When in PVP what do weapons do you run on your skill bars if I can ask? I feel as though I'd have to run s&s for CC charge, talons and then spam flame lash...
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    @DKsUnite I got my heavy armor already crafted and waiting! Lol
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chadwikid wrote: »
    @DKsUnite I got my heavy armor already crafted and waiting! Lol
    @Chadwikid
    you should go and craft yourself light armour again lol. light > heavy still from what i found out last night xD
    DKsUnite wrote: »

When in PVP what do weapons do you run on your skill bars if I can ask? I feel as though I'd have to run s&s for CC charge, talons and then spam flame lash...

i run snb on both bars
    Talons, Fossilize, Lash, Wings, Deep Breath, Meteor
    Mist, Volatile Armour, Shuffle, Igneous Shield, Coag Blood, Bats
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    @DKsUnite I never got rid of it. Like to keep my options open lol
  • Actually_Goku
    Actually_Goku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Screw it, I'll run a Magicka DK in PVP then! :):)
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    Do it! Try not to get too frustrated lol and don't be afraid to ask for help from those of us that can play it successfully.