The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Alik'r Desert - after almost 2 years 'The Initiation' quest still bugged.

VadimAleks
VadimAleks
✭✭✭
First topic about this broken quest was created in 2014 and ZOS still do nothing about it. And it is MAIN quest line, so i cant just skip it.
'Ash'abah Initiation Potion' is not working. I drink it inside 'blue circle' when 'E Use Ash'abah Initiation Potion' appears and nothing happen. If i press E again then i get the message 'Item not ready yet'. I drop quest, get it again with same result - it start from stage "Drink the potion" but somewhere on early stages of quest chain server does not set the flag 'stage X complete' so quest line is completely broken for this char.
Yes, it is partly my fault. The correct order of execution 'Talk to Marimah-Talk to his daughter-Gather Ingredients-Talk to Marimah again-Get potion- Drink It inside tent' but when i came to the camp his daughter was close to me, I talked to her and got a quest to collect ingredients so i completed it without talking to the Marimah and now im stuck in the middle of the quest chain.
No more levels and skills, only degradation!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do a /bug in game to make sure there is a direct bug report about it. Include the information you have here as it's informative for them on how you broke it.

Additionally send a support ticket and ask to gave a GM reset the entire quest for you so you can start over and not do it in the bugged order.

There are also ways to reset quests by logging out for 15mins after a reset/abandon which may help in this case but not always an option (especially with main story quests).

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • VadimAleks
    VadimAleks
    ✭✭✭
    Sure im sent /bug report last night, but i did not know about additional support ticket or 15 min relog. Thanks, i'll try.
    Options
  • VadimAleks
    VadimAleks
    ✭✭✭
    official answer 'There are no known issues with the quest at this time, so I recommend that you first try resetting any problematic objectives or NPC’s by logging out for five minutes then logging back in. This will load you into a new game instance and refresh your surroundings, which fixes most quest issues.
    If you are stuck on a specific quest step, I highly recommend checking out the following unofficial community wikis as they contain a lot of helpful information about quests, including step by step instructions:'

ZOS, are you seriously? Of course, I did all of this before contacting support!

I have a quest. I have quest item in my inventory (potion). I'm in the right place (blue circle on map). I have 'E use ...' hint on my screen. Why instead of just giving the console command something like 'quest X_idquest setstage to currentstage+1' support give me some useless advice like 'try to relog, try to drop quest'. Im already did it and I mentioned this in my ticket.
    Options
  • Fist1
    Fist1
    Soul Shriven
    Just ran into this bug with drinking the potion. Standing on the blue rug and hitting the E button to drink the potion does not work. You just get the message "Item not ready". But standing on the blue rug and going into your inventory then to the quest item tab to drink the potion worked. Weird bug.
    Options