Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning to the Game

FurkanYL
FurkanYL
Soul Shriven
Hello everybody, I didnt play this game for a long time for a long time because of a university exam in my country. Now that Im returning, I wanted to ask you guys a few questions if you can answer I would be very happy.

1) how is the player base? are there enough people playing?

2) i remember I had the Imperial edition, is there anything else I should buy other than orsinium to have the full experience?

3) and last is is the optimization better? when I left the launcher was buggy ass hell and the game itself was pretty laggy no matter your specs

thanks if you answer
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Im xbox so I can't comment on PC but the population here is great. People everywhere.
    2. I would suggest subbing for a month, 15 bucks way cheaper, and you can test out all the dlcs
    3. It's getting better, still laggy at times, especially peak hours. Much better than what you're describing I think.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative
    Sizeable playerbase on PC/NA. Not sure about PS4, PC EU.

I would complete the original content first. Then see if you want to expand.

It's...gotten better compared to launch but they could still do so much more.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Enough People are Playing, so have fun
    2. The only non DLC upgrade I would recommend is the Adventurer's Pack which allows you to play any race in any alliance. I would sub to try out the DLCs, then you can figure out if they are worth buying or keeping your sub for
    3. Most people do not use the Launcher unless it is a patch day. Just make a shortcut to the ESO.exe and place it on your desktop. Also, there is a small INI hack you can apply to bypass the splash screens to make launching the game that much faster. I don't remember the command, google it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"