Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cheating in ESO

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    The capabilites of cheat engine in this game are pretty much unlimited because of the way that the variables are stored on the client and the server accepts those variables as gospel truth.

As long as you can identify the physical memory location of the variable and its expected states, you can then modify them to your hearts content.

I believe only economic and itemization data is stored on the server, so anything player related can be altered. That includes:

Regen
    Max stats
    Ultimate Gain
    Damage Mitigation
    Movement Speed
    Clipping
    Cost reduction
    Infinite block
    infinite dodge
    infinite roll
    teleportation
    super jump

These ^ are all 100% confirmed working in the game, noclip and movement speed are what will get you banned the quickest and are the most visible.

But all they have to say if you accuse them of any of that is:

lol wut??

L2p noob.

Get Gud.

/ignore accuser.

Right?

Unfortunately you are 100% correct because of the way the checks and balances system works. It's very easy to dismiss mystical and fantastical things to skill and lag.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »
    Every single person that comes here and tries to downplay the CE needs to understand how bad they're making themselves look. Deep holes and all.

fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-can-t-tell-if-bad-at-game-or-fighting-hackers-524037.jpg

Hey @Roehamad_Ali whats your ingame character name? Id like to put an ingame face to your forum trollness

Titanius Anglesmith, fancy man of Cornwood
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The capabilites of cheat engine in this game are pretty much unlimited because of the way that the variables are stored on the client and the server accepts those variables as gospel truth.

As long as you can identify the physical memory location of the variable and its expected states, you can then modify them to your hearts content.

I believe only economic and itemization data is stored on the server, so anything player related can be altered. That includes:

Regen
    Max stats
    Ultimate Gain
    Damage Mitigation
    Movement Speed
    Clipping
    Cost reduction
    Infinite block
    infinite dodge
    infinite roll
    teleportation
    super jump

These ^ are all 100% confirmed working in the game, noclip and movement speed are what will get you banned the quickest and are the most visible.

But all they have to say if you accuse them of any of that is:

lol wut??

L2p noob.

Get Gud.

/ignore accuser.

Right?

Unfortunately you are 100% correct because of the way the checks and balances system works. It's very easy to dismiss mystical and fantastical things to skill and lag.

Maybe it's a script that pops up when you run CE, like a flowchart of denial.

If they say "what's with all dodging" you find that on the flowchart and respond with "l2p noob"
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »
    zyk wrote: »
    Every single person that comes here and tries to downplay the CE needs to understand how bad they're making themselves look. Deep holes and all.

Who is downplaying the use of CE? I don't see that anywhere.
    Lyar09 wrote: »
    I feel like you hit it right on the money with people questioning other's abilities. It's bad enough that prior to this I'd get hate tells saying I'm a cheater and the shuffle exploit BS, now it's going to be a *** show.

This will be the nail on the coffin for a lot of players on playing eso from now on. I'm even questioning whether I wanna play anymore

Heh Hehehehee Lol Hahahahahhaaaa

^^

It's amazing how some of the most blatant ones are so innocent.

Stop accusing everyone who beats you of using CE, you are a broken record in every thread I see your name.

Further more if you don't understand how something like CE fundamentally works, stop running your mouth and making exaggerations about its capabilities.

Wonder how he knows so certainly.

Then again he was always the it isn't macros guy, turned out he was right... but that's because he knew what it was all along.

If I'm exaggerating it's capabilities... how would you know (wink wink) and what are they then?

For there to be so many cheaters (hackers I guess), I don't see any (not a one) owning up to a thing or even saying what was possible.

I'm pretty sure when I first saw this CE crap it was a certain bbq guy with super fast wrecking blows, and that's a while back. I figured it was some sort of macro, mostly because I don't run memory hacking programs.

I was right because I did my homework and researched the issues, instead of making false assumptions like you did.

I think your "research" was a bit like Pete Townsend's research.

And yet you are the guy who spent 40 pages making false assumptions about macros and animation canceling, and turned out to be wrong.

Don't stand in red Rfennell.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I feel like you hit it right on the money with people questioning other's abilities. It's bad enough that prior to this I'd get hate tells saying I'm a cheater and the shuffle exploit BS, now it's going to be a *** show.

This will be the nail on the coffin for a lot of players on playing eso from now on. I'm even questioning whether I wanna play anymore

^^

Stop accusing everyone who beats you of using CE, you are a broken record in every thread I see your name.

Further more if you don't understand how something like CE fundamentally works, stop running your mouth and making exaggerations about its capabilities.

Then again he was always the it isn't macros guy, turned out he was right... but that's because he knew what it was all along.

If I'm exaggerating it's capabilities... how would you know (wink wink) and what are they then?

For there to be so many cheaters (hackers I guess), I don't see any (not a one) owning up to a thing or even saying what was possible.

I'm pretty sure when I first saw this CE crap it was a certain bbq guy with super fast wrecking blows, and that's a while back. I figured it was some sort of macro, mostly because I don't run memory hacking programs.

I was right because I did my homework and researched the issues, instead of making false assumptions like you did.

And yet you are the guy who spent 40 pages making false assumptions about macros and animation canceling, and turned out to be wrong.

Don't stand in red Rfennell.

Well, being I don't cheat... I guess assuming it wasn't a whole bunch of tards using a memory hacking program was an oversight.

I bet your vitriol would have been the same though.
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Exactly, an oversight.

Spend less time making assumptions, and you won't have that oversight.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Exactly, an oversight.

Spend less time making assumptions, and you won't have that oversight.

Begs the question of: if you knew what it was all along, why not just say so?

End of day, all the people I've seen up to no good were up to no good. Sad fact is it was worse than I though it was...
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People have actually been saying it all along, but between just getting ignored and ZOS removing posts.

I got my break in that initial speed hacking thread that stayed up, by using binary to hide it for a long enough time.

The Age of Wrobel.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The topic here is Cheating in ESO . Not who is the cheater we haven't caught yet in ESO .

So just use common sense when making a report , and remember that common sense on the forums is different ...

35483d606c815f65499ff1166762578f.jpg
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on June 3, 2016 6:06PM
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The topic here is Cheating in ESO . Not who is the cheater we haven't caught yet in ESO .

So just use common sense when making a report , and remember that common sense on the forums is different ...

Which would be cheating lol, sometimes you make no sense.

Edited by Reevster on June 3, 2016 6:10PM
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^^

Omg. I can't. :D:D:D
  • Chori
    Chori
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesnt really matter at this point, logged in a night ago just to see one of the hackers in those videos standing on the north EP wayshrine. I don't get it and I will not try to bash my head against the stupid rules out there to understand WHY IS SOMEONE WHO USED THIRD PARTY TOOLS NOT BANNED PERMANENTLY.
    EP NA-PC - Invictus - Odem Mortis
    1. Stamina NB Cat - ChoriB'Good
    2. Magicka NB High Elf - Lîndara
    3. Stam Sorc High Elf - Lindara Moonlight
    4. Red Guard Stamina DK - Chorî
    5. Red Guard Stamina Templar - Choripaninikinnie
    6. Magplar High Elf - Vagitarian Sillonour
    Don't tell me you lag, I play with 200-300 ms all the time ^_^
  • PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chori wrote: »
    It doesnt really matter at this point, logged in a night ago just to see one of the hackers in those videos standing on the north EP wayshrine. I don't get it and I will not try to bash my head against the stupid rules out there to understand WHY IS SOMEONE WHO USED THIRD PARTY TOOLS NOT BANNED PERMANENTLY.

We need a list of those cheater so we know who to blacklist from our groups/guilds ect.
    If you have the list of the people who abused the cheat engine. Please PM me!
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We need a list of those cheater so we know who to blacklist from our groups/guilds ect.

Truth be told you will never know the extent of people that use this. The list may actually be shorter of 'amazing' players who DON'T cheat.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Here is the problem:

You won't believe anyone that in your click is a cheater.

Not that I've ever seen anything from you and yours (for the most part).

Then again, you did run around with Blix... know what I mean?
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

^^

Omg. I can't. :D:D:D

I think people don't actually realize that most of the time I'm making jokes.

Lone Fenrir probably thought if it was a joke it wouldn't go over his head because he would catch it.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reevster wrote: »

Which would be cheating lol, sometimes you make no sense.

You just can't make up your mind where my mind is at . Everyone is an innocent suspect no ?

I'll clear it up for ya . I already know how this goes when the players try to solve it for themselves . I already know if the Devs could have solved it , they would have . So no longer to I care or wish to see players glaring at each other's throats . That always ends badly ...

So I have decided for myself to diminish into the east , west , north and south lands on the boarders of Cyrodiil . The land of milk and PvE . Because I'm not the hero Gotham needs . I'm the idiot savant smart enough to recognize a no win scenario like the Kobayashi maru test and instead of hacking it like James T Kirk , and having the rulers label it as "clever use of game mechanics" , I'll just do something else that's not AS broken . An keep my sanity this round ... And my sense of humor .

When recreational games becomes unenjoyable N Stuff
  • Dirty_Digs
    Dirty_Digs
    ✭✭✭
    This is a great post, much better and more constructive than my post on the subject. I hope that a lot of people read this and listen and help join to prevent the cheating because it's hurting the game severely.
  • Dirty_Digs
    Dirty_Digs
    ✭✭✭
    I completely agree that nothing at all would happen unless we vigilantly record and report...and yes provide names and accounts. I don't think anything at all would happen if these hacks were not revealed. I beleve eso knows about several other hacks but do nothing in hopes that people will keep playing. I can garauntee that there are many more hacks that we are still dealing with, there are still several players in cyro with demi-god powers that simply defy the logic and math of the game.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dirty_Digs wrote: »
    I completely agree that nothing at all would happen unless we vigilantly record and report...and yes provide names and accounts. I don't think anything at all would happen if these hacks were not revealed. I beleve eso knows about several other hacks but do nothing in hopes that people will keep playing. I can garauntee that there are many more hacks that we are still dealing with, there are still several players in cyro with demi-god powers that simply defy the logic and math of the game.

You can enjoy that spork N papercut fight ...

I'll just watch from the sidelines and throw Bandaids to the critically wounded from the terrace seats .
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no problem with cheaters being outed. What I have a problem with are things like accusations without proof, guilt by association or guilt because of knowledge.

Just as people cheat, people also lie, misunderstand, and it is a fact memory can change. So an accusation without proof has no merit. It can only introduce toxicity.

If you want to catch cheaters, use the Recount addon. It's out of date, but still works. If you were hit too quickly, it will be proven in Recount's combat log. You'll probably want to also use the CLS addon for additional information. Record all suspicious events. Solicit opinions from others. If you want to catch subtle cheaters, be prepared to do the math. I imagine with a video and combat log, it may sometimes be possible to deduce a players stats -- with a lot of work. That's the price of being a hero.

One of the problems of ESO is that ZOS does not give everyone the tools needed to understand the game. Players should not need to download combat logs. All calculations should be documented. With such things players can better understand what happened during a fight instead of jumping to conclusions. Furthermore, if there is wrongdoing, it is more easily exposed and proven.

Instead of giving players the information they need, ESO creates misunderstandings with its *terrible* death recap.
  • Wolverton808b14_ESO
    With time well spent in PvP and never really on the forums, it was interesting to see that even when you're on the losing side of the fight in PvP; you'll still get reported thanks to the witch hunt. Guy reported me saying "Got that on video" and everything when it was the first day of Dark Brotherhood and people were flying all over the map with game breaking glitches. He crit rushed me into a wall; his group killed me multiple times, and this time when he crit rushed, my toon popped through the wall and rubberbanded to the keep. Good to know even if you're losing and rubberbanding; you must be cheating too.