Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Now I know how New England fans felt

Makkir
Makkir
✭✭✭✭✭
/ducks

In all seriousness, it's very disappointing to learn that some of the 1vX'ers you used to admire and look up to have been cheating all along. I remember getting "1 shot" many times by some Nightblades and just gave it to great animation cancelling. I can remember two sorcs in seducer armor who were almost impossible to kill. And I get furious knowing we were played and cheated the whole time.

Does anyone with a technical background know if it's possible to fix all this nonsense at this point? Should I take some time off from ESO to avoid the frustration or is it possible for a quick fix?

Maybe it's time to move to console.
  • The_Great_Maldini
    The_Great_Maldini
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, I'll join you on Haderus, and we will kill them together. You can't cheat your way out of stupid.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While some of the stuff this weekend was ridiculous and over-the-top and obvious, what about people doing more subtle cheats? Like giving themselves 9 ultimate per second instead of 1000 ultimate per second. 9 ultimate per second is still triple what a non-cheating player gets and is a huge advantage. But not as easy to spot as the guy flying through the air and spamming Meteor nonstop!

I just hope ZOS are able to catch both the obvious cheaters and the not-as-obvious-but-still-cheaters.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, there are a few legit min/max high damage "1 shot" builds. I wouldn't be so quick to call everyone that has ever rekt you and .5 seconds a cheater.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, there are a few legit min/max high damage "1 shot" builds. I wouldn't be so quick to call everyone that has ever rekt you and .5 seconds a cheater.

well that's only been a few people I can count on one hand ;-)

I am overly familiar with "one shot" builds. I am talking about the questionable death recaps that will show something stupid like 3 surprise attacks.

• Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »
    In all seriousness, it's very disappointing to learn that some of the 1vX'ers you used to admire and look up to have been cheating all along.

Who are they?

Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is, New England fans didn't care about the deflated balls or the illegal videotaping or the interference with the opposing team's headset communications at Gillette Stadium. They were relatively unrepentant.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JDar wrote: »
    Thing is, New England fans didn't care about the deflated balls or the illegal videotaping or the interference with the opposing team's headset communications at Gillette Stadium. They were relatively unrepentant.

Yep and Tom Brady is equally unrepentant as he's appealing again.

The obvious is... do you think some dude in equipment was manipulating balls without Tom and Bill knowing it? Odds of that are about zero.

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me break this down:

When the teacher relies on the student to give answers without checking the work of the student, some are going to cheat.

ESO server is the teacher, they know all the answers, but they don't have the resources to sit over every student watching them work to make sure they aren't cheating, so they enable class monitors to watch others and require certain steps of the "work" to be shown.

The problem is the ratio of metaphorical 'work' being shown to 'answer' being accepted.

You fix this by making the student show the teacher how he arrived at the answer, or you have the server monitor the clients activity for anomalies.

The easiest way to do this is to employ a camera on the classroom that can then be monitored afterwards. You don't actually catch the cheater in action, but you review the tape and you see things that can not be explaned which is then checkd in the server logs, which then shows cheating.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    Let me break this down:

When the teacher relies on the student to give answers without checking the work of the student, some are going to cheat.

ESO server is the teacher, they know all the answers, but they don't have the resources to sit over every student watching them work to make sure they aren't cheating, so they enable class monitors to watch others and require certain steps of the "work" to be shown.

The problem is the ratio of metaphorical 'work' being shown to 'answer' being accepted.

You fix this by making the student show the teacher how he arrived at the answer, or you have the server monitor the clients activity for anomalies.

The easiest way to do this is to employ a camera on the classroom that can then be monitored afterwards. You don't actually catch the cheater in action, but you review the tape and you see things that can not be explaned which is then checkd in the server logs, which then shows cheating.

They have some of this ability in the /bug reporting feature . That's why some of us use this still from beta instead of filling out a generic form to report players . Not all , but more information is sent at the time of incident .
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats why AD only plays with 60 man zergs
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »
    Does anyone with a technical background know if it's possible to fix all this nonsense at this point?
    Not without a major re-write of the client/server code.

Changing values for just about anything in the game in realtime is currently as easy as clicking the mouse and typing the new value. That's with readily available off the shelf debugging tools (NOTE: There's actually NO need to attach a debugger to the process!).

With a bit of programming knowledge every beginner scripting kiddie can automate some of these tasks. Yes, it's that easy.

And yes, some of us (myself included) have been telling ZOS about this since beta.
    dry.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on May 31, 2016 7:07PM
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »

Tom Brady uses Cheat Engine.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    HEY, The Patriots ah wicked pissah, you guys ah just jealous!

*tosses empty beer can*
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would have been great if Tom Brady came out and called everyone questioning him baddies that need to l2p.

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deleted ...
    Edited by SirAndy on May 31, 2016 7:07PM
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elong wrote: »

Can confirm.
  • The_Great_Maldini
    The_Great_Maldini
    ✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

*tosses empty beer can*

*farts
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't assume that every player you've ever considered good has been cheating. We don't know for sure who has been and who hasn't been.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    Don't assume that every player you've ever considered good has been cheating. We don't know for sure who has been and who hasn't been.

I didn't note that in my original post at all.
    big difference between good and "how the F is that even possible"
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blasphemy.
    Tom Brady is a stand up guy.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dunno if most remember but you used to be able to hammer the print screen button allowing you to bolt escape in the air without falling over keep walls.

This also allowed you to lag switch the game and pull off impossible combos. The game was full of nightblades who loved to take screenshots.

With bugs like that even existing at one time in a live version of the game anything is possible. This game needs a harder stance against exploiters and cheaters and these people need to be banned and that ban needs to be final there is no excuse for this type of stuff at this point
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The obvious is... do you think some dude in equipment was manipulating balls without Tom and Bill knowing it? Odds of that are about zero.
    When your wife is an international super model you don't need to repent.
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those intagib triple snipes that all hit at once make a helluva lot more sense now. Not saying all times I've been one shot out of stealth was because of cheaters, but there have been loads of time where go full health to zero instantly and all my recap says is three snipes, all with the same damage where the first should hit for more. No audio or visual indicator, just instadead from a 1-sec cast time ability.

But this does open the door for the "boy who cried cheater" dilemma.
    Edited by RadioheadSh0t on June 3, 2016 1:15PM
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • RadioheadSh0t
    RadioheadSh0t
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »

*tosses empty beer can*

Its not a Boston impression without something racist.
    Aldonius Direnni - Vet Altmer Sorc (AD)
    Tyrus Telvanni - Vet Dunmer DK (AD)
    Al Donius Bundy - Vet Imperial NB (AD)
    Aldonius Brutus - Vet Orc DK (DC)
  • Mako1132
    Mako1132
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »
    Blasphemy.

Manning > Brady
  • MichYodias
    MichYodias
    ✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »

Ok i have to draw the line here with all the disrespect to the greatest quarterback of all time. The pats do not cheat. The footballs air pressure was welllllll within what you would expect with the ideal gas law. What the patriots do know however, is every word in the rule book. They know the rules better than the officials and are able to take advantage of overlooked and unbalanced rules. Take for example John Harbaugh and the ravens (the culprits of the deflate gate scandal) crying in the middle of a game that the pats are using an illegal formation, when in fact it was perfectly legal. Combine the knowledge of the hoodie, unparalled preparation, and of course TB12. Theres a reason why the pats have been by far the best franchise over 14 years and counting. We will still start off 2-2 worst case scenario with Jimmy G and eventually go to afx championship.

If your going to use any sports analogies with cheat engine you can pretty much only use steroids and baseball. So it would be better titled now i know how Hank Aaron felt when Barry Bonds passed him.
    Haxus
    FiF
    IR
    Nexus

Minch Yoda V16 DK EP
    YODA-ONE v16 Sorc EP
    Yoda-San v16 NB EP
    Yodias V16 Temp healbot EP
    Human Centipad V16 Stamplar EP
    Yodai V16 AD Sorc
    Woodland Critters v4 DC stamblade
  • MichYodias
    MichYodias
    ✭✭✭
    Mako1132 wrote: »
    Jules wrote: »
    Blasphemy.

Manning > Brady

Tom Brady greatest qb to ever lace em up on sunday.
    Haxus
    FiF
    IR
    Nexus

Minch Yoda V16 DK EP
    YODA-ONE v16 Sorc EP
    Yoda-San v16 NB EP
    Yodias V16 Temp healbot EP
    Human Centipad V16 Stamplar EP
    Yodai V16 AD Sorc
    Woodland Critters v4 DC stamblade
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Perhaps, but he's still going to be suspended for 4 games.

I'm only illustrating the mind set, you can see the cheaters in this thread are as repentant as Tom Brady is.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Perhaps, but he's still going to be suspended for 4 games.

I'm only illustrating the mind set, you can see the cheaters in this thread are as repentant as Tom Brady is.

4 game suspension only means 4 weeks at home to see his wife in a bikini. 4 weeks to drive his Ferraris. 4 weeks to use the home theater in his mansion. 4 weeks to use every bathroom in his mansion at least once. 4 weeks to decide on a new Tom Brady haircut.

The cheaters in ESO are repentant because they have to shut off their PCs and settle for a lousy bowl of mac & cheese for dinner and watch reruns of Ren & Stimpy.
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on June 3, 2016 4:52PM