The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DLC and ESO Plus suggestion

Alastrine
Alastrine
✭✭✭✭
I've been a subscriber for over 2 years. Love this game. I do have a suggestion for the DLC that would also 'reward' players for keeping their subs going.
As it stands now, if you are subscribed then you have full access to DLC. If you stop subbing, then you lose access to the DLC - no matter how long you have been subbing. Kind of feels like I'm 'renting' the DLC and in the end actually paying more for it over long term than non-subscribing players do that outright buy it.

I know there are other perks with subbing but to me the DLC access was one of the biggest (until craft bags, that's pretty big too for farmer/hoarder/crafters like me, so thank you!). But it always worried me that if I had to stop subbing.. not because I was tired of the game but because of financial circumstances.. that I would either have to pony up a very large sum of money to buy the DLC or play without it. Yes, I could save subscription crowns and buy it as I go along but that would take a fair amount of time as well, and limit what other things I can enjoy in the game using those crowns.

Why not have something like this : When DLC comes out, if you are subbed you get full access as usual.
If you remain subbed, uninterrupted, for a certain amount of time (90 days? 120 days?) then that particular DLC is yours and if you cancel your sub you will still have access to that DLC.
New DLC comes out - the clock starts ticking for that particular DLC.

It would encourage people to remain subscribed, and with DLC coming out so many months apart it would likely be an ongoing thing but at least if someone who loves this game is forced to end their subscription they will still possibly have something to show for their subscriber time. It would be a nice reward for long term subscribers too. I can't think that this would be too hard to set up and to me would possibly be a big draw for people to subscribe.

Just a thought.

*** I've found this idea discussed in another thread so feel free to cancel this one :) **
Edited by Alastrine on May 31, 2016 11:34PM
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I actually thought of this myself.So,every month I paid for the DLCs so that if I happened to be unable to sub doe to medical fees,or something,I would still have all my DLCs and things that go with them.Its better to do this.Buy one every month ahead of time,just in case.