Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crafting lines leveling/deconstruction questions

NagualV
NagualV
✭✭✭✭
Hello all,

I'm hoping someone more experienced than I can answer these three questions.

I have heard that you receive much more inspiration(crafting xp) if you deconstruct another player's crafted item vs deconstructing npc drops.

1. Is this true?
2. If true, can I use one of my high level crafting characters to craft leveling/deconstructing items for a different character OF MINE and get increased inspiration?
3. Does psijic ambrosia increase inspiration?

Any help is appreciated.

Best Answer

• NagualV
    NagualV
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, this is extremely helpful!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ipomoea wrote: »
    Hello all,

1. Is this true?
    2. If true, can I use one of my high level crafting characters to craft leveling/deconstructing items for a different character OF MINE and get increased inspiration?
    3. Does psijic ambrosia increase inspiration?

Any help is appreciated.

I have leveled several characters to 50 in equipment crafting. I did it all with drops from Mobs, public dungeons are best for this. My advice is to grind mobs for items to decon rather than use up mats on one character and decon on another. Based on Enchanting where I did some extensive testing, other player/character made item are about the same as mob looted items with regards to Inspiration from deconning.

While true you get less Inspiration if you are over-leveled, you still get the same amount of bar movement as if you were closer to level. This because you need less Inspiration to move the bar at lower crafting levels. So, unless your trying to maximize inspiration return for mats used, I would not worry about the levels of what you are feeding your deconner, just give them the highest level stuff you can find. But, this can help you with the next tip:

Deconning Intricate items gives almost 3 times the inspiration, but, only if they are on level, otherwise you get capped on the amount of inspiration. This means you can spend less money buying lower leveled Intricates for deconning on your alts.

Unless you have a ton of mats to use up, I would not bother making items then deconning on an alt. I prefer to grind public dungeons, wolves, skeevers, mudcrabs and other smaller animals. They drop lots of loot, give gold and character experience at the same time. So, you gain more overall grinding for loot to decon than you do making it one and deconning on another.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"