The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question about Set bonuses and Quality of the item

Cr4p0w3
Cr4p0w3
✭✭
My doubt is, if I have 2 pieces of a set, one blue and other purple, which bonus will apply since in each piece the numbers are different?

In the same line of tought if I have 1 piece v16 and one piece v15, which bonus apply, the v16 number or the v15 number?

Best Answers

• Asayre
    Asayre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The average of the two.
    Reference for any calculation I make Introduction to PvE Damage Calculation
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Usually it is the average of the two, but I have seen times where it appears to be based on the lowest value of the set items.

I discovered this when I was improving a set of gear and I made one piece at a lower level. I did not get the full bonus until I made the new item with the same level as the others, and had improved the piece up the level of the other items. Of course, this could have been a UI error, or UI lag where the tool tips do not update right away.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓