The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Changes to heavy armour and its impact on PvP SnB builds..... GG

Vangy
Vangy
✭✭✭✭✭
Ive done up some calculations for those wondering about how to optimise a blocking build. Here's an excel file so you guys can try it out... Ive also included testing values for with and without black rose set. Do let me know if someone finds anything wrongly calculated! Hope this helps someone out there!

Basically there is 0 reason to run heavy armour cos bracing got removed and SnB skill line got the reduced block cost slightly buffed. All in all, if you keep your build exactly the same as is, you will see around 12-18% increase in block cost with DB wearing heavy armour. What's worse, is now you are going to have to give up magicka/stam cost reduction from green CP in exchange for 10% boost to damage reduction from phy/magical attacks. The buffed constitution even with black rose set is nowhere near enough to make up for the increases to block cost due to removal of bracing. The slight bit of more resistances you get isnt going to save you. You are going to be at 0 stam faster than you can say ouchie.

Imo the best solution for PvP SnB builds would be to just run 5 light with 2 heavy pieces... Now you can keep your magicka costs legitimate with 5 light yet still receive the 25% block cost reduction from theif constellation and still keep your reduced block costs cos everything that reduces block cost is no longer in heavy armour skill line LOLOLOL. Basically if you want to be a meat shield that justs stand there and holds block with 1.8k spell/weapon power unbuffed, sure go ahead and follow wrobels idea with wearing sturdy pieces and running x3 block cost enchants with full heavy armour.... Dont expect to kill an NPC in cyrodill in under 1 minute tho. Also giving up impen for sturdy is nowhere near worth it in PvP...Its far better to just run medium or light with SnB. (just my opinion based on the calculations ive done.)

Thought this would be more relevant here rather than PTS forums since DB is going live tomorrow.
Edited by Vangy on May 31, 2016 5:35AM
(2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
(2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
(2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
(1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    now compare:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/267514/people-have-been-complaining-about-tanking-looks-fine-to-me

7/7 for constitution and immovable, are very potent. so are high armor values. your 5light setup would be extremely different in practice.
    Edited by Kas on May 31, 2016 10:42AM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    Ive done up some calculations for those wondering about how to optimise a blocking build. Here's an excel file so you guys can try it out... Ive also included testing values for with and without black rose set. Do let me know if someone finds anything wrongly calculated! Hope this helps someone out there!

Basically there is 0 reason to run heavy armour cos bracing got removed and SnB skill line got the reduced block cost slightly buffed. All in all, if you keep your build exactly the same as is, you will see around 12-18% increase in block cost with DB wearing heavy armour. What's worse, is now you are going to have to give up magicka/stam cost reduction from green CP in exchange for 10% boost to damage reduction from phy/magical attacks. The buffed constitution even with black rose set is nowhere near enough to make up for the increases to block cost due to removal of bracing. The slight bit of more resistances you get isnt going to save you. You are going to be at 0 stam faster than you can say ouchie.

Imo the best solution for PvP SnB builds would be to just run 5 light with 2 heavy pieces... Now you can keep your magicka costs legitimate with 5 light yet still receive the 25% block cost reduction from theif constellation and still keep your reduced block costs cos everything that reduces block cost is no longer in heavy armour skill line LOLOLOL. Basically if you want to be a meat shield that justs stand there and holds block with 1.8k spell/weapon power unbuffed, sure go ahead and follow wrobels idea with wearing sturdy pieces and running x3 block cost enchants with full heavy armour.... Dont expect to kill an NPC in cyrodill in under 1 minute tho. Also giving up impen for sturdy is nowhere near worth it in PvP...Its far better to just run medium or light with SnB. (just my opinion based on the calculations ive done.)

Thought this would be more relevant here rather than PTS forums since DB is going live tomorrow.

Sure that video is awesome. Like I mentioned above, if all you want to do is hold block and annoy 10 noobs, you can go right ahead. Not gona be any reasonable threat to anyone though.
    Edited by Vangy on May 31, 2016 11:59AM

• Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think Alot has to do with the return on a heavy attack. Looking forward to trying out new setups with heavy but thinking damage output could seem a bit to much for the limited midigation it provides. Maybe if it had crit resist passive or flat damage redux might be worth it.
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »
    Think Alot has to do with the return on a heavy attack. Looking forward to trying out new setups with heavy but thinking damage output could seem a bit to much for the limited midigation it provides. Maybe if it had crit resist passive or flat damage redux might be worth it.

Exactly my POV. Heavy armour block builds are possible. But you give up way too much for the limited mitigation they provide from what ive seen. Some people keep linking me to wrobels fairy tale world where I get to wear x3 block cost enchants and 7 heavy pieces for some reason...... I dont have that kind of luxury in PvP...

• Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said in Wrobel's post - it's pretty obvious these changes were made without any thought of PvP S/B builds.
    Gave up.