The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why do we even play XB1 NA, what a joke

Triipzzz
Triipzzz
✭✭✭
No explanation required if you even play your own game zos. Go online and see how bad the lag is, 10 seconds of freeze then 3 seconds of play before another 10 seconds of freeze. It's getting slightly better but this is ridiculous. It makes me and many others think you literally have no control over your own game and quite frankly you should be embarrassed if you are trying to compete with other games. The sheer amount of maintenance hours, base game patches and hotfixes still have not resolved simple frame rate lag and more.

The sad thing is that the game is good when it does not have performance issues. I can understand large zerg battles may cause performance issues and challenges but we all know wave 9 of DSA and other areas particularly Orsinium cause consistent crashing or very bad frame rate making it 10 times harder to play. It's not fun to be there, it feels unstable and disables you from playing the game.

We all know you don't fix old content (or very well at least). Cough cough Orsinium. But the joke is most people would pay for a dlc that addressed all lag. It sounds dumb but why do we want to play the game if its frame rate is as bad as Tetris or Space Invaders?

I wouldn't even care if you had to take the servers down for a few days. Just do something.

My opinion is therefore: Just FIX WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE AND IT WILL MAKE IT BETTER THAN ANY NEW DLC.
  • AtraisMachina
    AtraisMachina
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Because mmos are lacking on console. I like mmos.
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    xbx1 has gotten worse!
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    Im currently screwed on my main character in orsinium, I crashed in the midst of combat which caused me to die. Now I'm stuck in a nasty crash loop where I cant even res/wayshrine in time before the game crashes again...on my 5th try now...

edited for profanity
    Edited by ZOS_DaryaK on May 15, 2016 9:48PM
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    Can you please confirm you have tried the steps provided in this support article? Additionally, if you're connecting through Wi-Fi, please try connecting your Xbox to your router or modem with an Ethernet cable if that's at all possible.

If these suggestions don't help, please contact your ISP to see if they can assist. Some ISPs block the connection to our servers because they detect it as a P2P connection.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Jazbay_Grape
    Jazbay_Grape
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe other people have had different experiences, but I never had any trouble with lag (other than in Cyrodiil of course) prior to the TG update. Now there is lag of varying degrees in different locations. The biggest issue for me has been in Orsinium. The rest of wrothgar is fine, but Niw I can't even go into Orsinium without massive lag followed by getting kicked.
  • Ichnaea
    Ichnaea
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_DaryaK wrote: »
    Can you please confirm you have tried the steps provided in this support article? Additionally, if you're connecting through Wi-Fi, please try connecting your Xbox to your router or modem with an Ethernet cable if that's at all possible.

If these suggestions don't help, please contact your ISP to see if they can assist. Some ISPs block the connection to our servers because they detect it as a P2P connection.

Does anyone else find this hilarious? Because I do. "It's not us, it must be you. Have you tried turning your PC/console, router, neighborhood power, ISP, ISP technician off, and then back on again."

Seriously ZO$, have you not read any of the plethora of posts telling you where your lag is coming from? I'm sorry, but it's you, and I've moved on.
    AD
    Mishi - V16 Wood Elf Nightblade
    Zach Vane - V16 Imperial Nightblade
    Clara Bonny - V16 Breton Templar
    Sherman Bradley - V16 Imperial Templar
    One Knight Standard - V16 Imperial Dragonknight
    Unemployed Merlin - V16 High Elf Sorcerer
    Ice Hinged Mice Elf - V16 Dunmer Dragonknight
  • Silverado
    Silverado
    ✭✭✭
    Because mmos are lacking on console. I like mmos.
    @brandonv516,
    Eso on the ps4 isn't lacking in any way whatsoever and has barely any lag if even any at all. I love eso and am way pleased at how well the console version is doing ps4 wise. Hopefully a solution can be determined for xbox1...The lag described sounds bad almost to the point of unplayable. I would recomend going LAN if at all possible. You could also try typing 8.8.8.8 as your primary Dns to see if that helps speed things up just a tad more. Hopefully it becomes more enjoyable for you soon.
    Ps4 NA Aldmeri Dominion
    Wood Elf 310 CP
    Aldmeri Trading Co Guild

• Omgwtfbbq321
    Omgwtfbbq321
    ✭✭✭
    I have tried everything:
    • Complete factory reset of XBOX.
    • Complete reinstall of the game.
    • Upgrade internet.
    • Connect the XBOX to the Internet using CAT6 LAN cable.
    • Turning off in-game prompts and numbers.
    • Port forward my XBOX on the Router.

Never has the game run as badly as it does post Thieves guild update. If this doesn't improve with the Dark Brotherhood update, I'd wager my future time will be spent on Overwatch.

I have been around since the Beta on PC and have been a console ESO Subscriber for the majority of its lifetime.
    Edited by Omgwtfbbq321 on May 16, 2016 4:24AM
    My ping is higher than your resource recovery...
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am on XB1 and very happy with the game ..... I play the game on XB1 with very little lag or disconnects. Yes disconnects happen, but very rare. Yes I do have lag, but it is very rare. Mostly in a heavily populated area and in PVP with a lot of players.

What most console players don't understand as they have never played an MMO is a lot of data on the surroundings need to be received/uploaded to and from the XB1. Poor internet will cause issues as the connection cannot keep up with the data.

Most internet gives you a fraction of the upload speed as you get with the download speed. You may have 50 Mbps download, but you only have 8-12Mbps upload. If your data cannot get uploaded, there are issues. If the game server cannot verify your location, armor type, armor color, the pet you have out, etc the server does not know what to do.

@Omgwtfbbq321 ... what are your connections statics while loaded in ESO? To find out .... load a character into ESO. Hit the "XB1" button at the top of your controller to go back to the main screen. Go to "All Settings / Network". Select "Network Settings", then go to the right. Then select "Detailed Network Statistics". Let that run and review the data. This might show you the issues may be your internet provider instead of ESO .....

I have FIOS with 75Mbps upload & download, my statistics are .....
    • Download Speed: 83.24 Mbps
    • Upload Speed: 92.22 Mbps
    • Packet Loss: 0%
    • MTU: 1480
    • Latency: 75ms

This is a LINK to a post where the modem software revision was the issue with someone having an issue playing the game ..... not stating this is also anyone else's issue, but something to check/verify .....

• Omgwtfbbq321
    Omgwtfbbq321
    ✭✭✭
    I thought doing that would only tell you your connection to the XBOX Live servers?

Anyway I did the test and this time (it varies) my stats were as follows:
    • Download Speed: 49.13 Mbps
    • Upload Speed: 28.86 Mbps
    • Latency: 576ms

Keep in mind I am an Australian, and most (if not all) of us don't have the luxury of those speeds you showed. Our infrastructure is quite sad is most parts. Not to mention there is no Australian ESO server.

The problems I am experiencing are almost all post Thieves Guild update. The overall frame rate of the game has taken a dive and the controls now have a delay. If feels much like I am trying to run the game on high settings on my old laptop.

I tried to attach a video showing some of the frame rate issues, but it says .mp4 is not allowed in the upload.
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought doing that would only tell you your connection to the XBOX Live servers?
    You are right, it was late and the brain was probably on half speed.

Your up/down speeds appear to be acceptable but your latency is very high, which is critical for online gaming. If the game server cannot sync your data and send you the world data there will be issues.

It will not be the ESO server but you can try PingTest to see your latency as you can pick the server location. XB1 NA servers are in Texas, the EU servers are in Germany. Have you tried to load a character into EU to see if you have the same issue? It will not cost you anything but time if you have a spare character slot.

I ran a ping test on my laptop (wireless) to Texas and Perth. Both had 0% packet loss, ping was 44ms to Texas and 263ms to Perth. There is a Jitter rating, not 100% the meaning. It was 3ms for Texas and 4ms for Perth.

Microsoft recommends 150ms or less in their Slow Performance Support Document but we all know real world it will work with higher values. Your latency is pushing the high end may be attributing to the issue you are having.

• Omgwtfbbq321
    Omgwtfbbq321
    ✭✭✭
    I have tied EU servers, basically the same latency. I would not change now that I have made so many friends on the US server. My point is:
    • I know my latency makes the game harder to play. This is just part of playing a game hosted on the other side of the world.
    • The frame-rate issues where not around before the Thieves guild update. My network connection has not gotten worse since then.
    • I have even lost connection to the sever and (for some reason) was able to walk around Cyrodiil for about 20 min. Unable to cast any abilities and no NCPs/Players or Even flags were present, but the world loaded just fine. (This was before Thieves guild)
    As far as I can tell. Loading the world should be done localy. The location of people and NPCs and what they are doing is server side. Switching bars is a request to the server like casting skills. but just walking around the world regardless of time/serverPOP/location is a laggy mess.
  • BrotherChaz
    BrotherChaz
    ✭✭
    Just for consideration I would like to note that, with rare exception, TESO runs great on my Xbox One.

im not an expert, but is it maybe an internet connection problem a lot of you are having?

Anyway good luck I hope your issues get resolved. just wanted to share my experiences on the game play so far.
  • Triipzzz
    Triipzzz
    ✭✭✭

Anyway I did the test and this time (it varies) my stats were as follows:
    • Download Speed: 49.13 Mbps
    • Upload Speed: 28.86 Mbps
    • Latency: 576ms

Keep in mind I am an Australian, and most (if not all) of us don't have the luxury of those speeds you showed. Our infrastructure is quite sad is most parts. Not to mention there is no Australian ESO server.

The problems I am experiencing are almost all post Thieves Guild update. The overall frame rate of the game has taken a dive and the controls now have a delay. If feels much like I am trying to run the game on high settings on my old laptop.

I tried to attach a video showing some of the frame rate issues, but it says .mp4 is not allowed in the upload.

I live in New Zealand
    Balibe wrote: »
    I am on XB1 and very happy with the game ..... I play the game on XB1 with very little lag or disconnects. Yes disconnects happen, but very rare. Yes I do have lag, but it is very rare. Mostly in a heavily populated area and in PVP with a lot of players.

What most console players don't understand as they have never played an MMO is a lot of data on the surroundings need to be received/uploaded to and from the XB1. Poor internet will cause issues as the connection cannot keep up with the data.

Most internet gives you a fraction of the upload speed as you get with the download speed. You may have 50 Mbps download, but you only have 8-12Mbps upload. If your data cannot get uploaded, there are issues. If the game server cannot verify your location, armor type, armor color, the pet you have out, etc the server does not know what to do.

@Omgwtfbbq321 ... what are your connections statics while loaded in ESO? To find out .... load a character into ESO. Hit the "XB1" button at the top of your controller to go back to the main screen. Go to "All Settings / Network". Select "Network Settings", then go to the right. Then select "Detailed Network Statistics". Let that run and review the data. This might show you the issues may be your internet provider instead of ESO .....

I have FIOS with 75Mbps upload & download, my statistics are .....
    • Download Speed: 83.24 Mbps
    • Upload Speed: 92.22 Mbps
    • Latency: 75ms

This is a LINK to a post where the modem software revision was the issue with someone having an issue playing the game ..... not stating this is also anyone else's issue, but something to check/verify .....

I live in New Zealand and understand that our infrastructure similar to Australia is nothing special but I struggle to see why we should be expected to get a special connection that is not just beyond ourselves but our countries. Why does only their game require more than any game I've ever played? Shouldn't it appeal to all?