Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Keep getting kicked out with Error 318 message.. not sure why?

GreenhaloX
GreenhaloX
✭✭✭✭✭
Anybody else have this issue? I get kicked out a lot with the Error message 318 that states I reached my max message limit and in parenthesis, to avoid spamming. I never message anyone in-game, even once. Anyone know why this is happening? technical support??
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    By "messages" they don't mean chat messages to other players, they mean "messages" sent from your computer to the server about everything you do in game. So every time you push a skill button or drink a potion or whatnot you're sending a "message" to the server saying that you did something.

Usually you get kicked from the server for this in situations where there is a lot of lag. If you're lagging and you mash a skill button over and over, those "messages" pile up and then get pushed to the server in one fell swoop, making it appear to the server that you are sending tons of "messages" in a very short period of time, then you get kicked.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appreciate the feedback.Ok, sounds like a technical thing or a bug. Annoying as heck, especially when you're about to beat the boss and you get kicked out with that error message.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still getting kicked out from this error. Almost once every 5 mins for about a 15 minutes duration, even 3 times within a couple minutes during one of the instances. Any ZOS tehnical support can address this??
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    What platform are you playing on? If you're playing on the PC please check out this article for some troubleshooting steps.

If you're playing on the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One this article has some suggestions for you to try.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the instructions and information, ZOS_DaryaK. I'm using PS4 and no non-standard controller. I cleared much of the saved data.. didn't know it had captured all those screen shots. Must be in-game automatic or something. I surely didn't do it. Will see if this helps.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.. still getting kicked off with error 318 constantly. Annoying, but good that reloading is fairly quick most of the time. It's not my internet.. the connection is fine. If it's not game server issue, then not sure if this is PSN issue.
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    I'm sorry to see this is still occurring. If you can track the times this is happening, that may help us track down what might be causing it.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you checking up, @ZOS_DaryaK. Actually, yesterday was the first full non-disturbed playtime for almost 2 weeks. Did not get kicked off once for about 6 hours or so of playtime. If it happens again today, I will track down the times and put it on here.