The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

May 31st

k9mouse
k9mouse
✭✭✭✭✭
Dear @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, just a quick question: How long is the megaserver maintenance downtime will last to install the DLC on the server side? Are we looking at 4, 6, 9 hours, or longer down time?
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone have any guesses?
  • sdtlc
    sdtlc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no eta
    Die Qualität verhält sich nicht zwingend proportional zur Masse...

Meisterangler vor dem perfekten Rogen...
    +Kaiserstadt, Wrothgar, Hew's Fluch, Goldküste, Vvardenfell, Stadt der Uhrwerke, Sommersend, Artaeum, Trübmoor, Elsweyr (nördliches & südliches), Graumoor, Reik, Dunkelforst

[PC][DC]Zunft der Helden[PvX]
    Feierabendgilde mit Ambitionen
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably at least 6-8 hours would be my guess. If they are taking the servers offline when people are expecting a long outage, they are probably going to do a bunch of other needed maintenance at the same time.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    most likely 4-5 hours like the last DLC drop. maybe 6 since it changes more than TG did
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect it to take quite a while. It is not just a DLC, after all, it is also the removal of veteran ranks. I imagine a lot can go wrong while patching when we have a big change to one of the core mechanics like that.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • MaddPowered
    MaddPowered
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say about 9 hours. I took the days off on all 3 previous DLC releases and servers were under maintenance for 7-9 hours.
    World's First Planesbreaker
    World's First Bugged Planesbreaker
    World's First Dawnbringer
    World's Third Godslayer
    World's Second Immortal Redeemer
    World's Third Gryphon Heart

Top scores :
    vAA - 4D (PC NA) - 154,068 - 8:31 Greymoor
    vSO - 4D (PC NA) - 180,238 - 11:28 Greymoor
    vHRC - 4D (PC NA) - 163,258 - 8:28 Greymoor
    vMOL - Calamity (PC NA) - 174,680 - 9:42 Stonethorn
    vHOF - 4D (PC NA) - 232,362 - 14:11 Greymoor
    vAS - 4D (PC NA) - 117,014 - 2:41 Stonethorn
    vCR - Calamity (PC NA) - 136,091 - 3:45 Stonethorn
    vSS - 4D (PC NA) - 255,552 - 21:34 Greymoor
    vKA - 4D (PC NA) - 247,292 - 16:19 Greymoor
    vRG - Calamity (PC NA) - 301,438 - 24:21 Blackwood
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    I expect it to take quite a while. It is not just a DLC, after all, it is also the removal of veteran ranks. I imagine a lot can go wrong while patching when we have a big change to one of the core mechanics like that.

this, expect it to be min 8 hours
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expect to play on the 1st june.
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Safest bet? If you're planning on taking a day off work/school/adulting do it the day after any major update.
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soon.™
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    k9mouse wrote: »
    Dear @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, just a quick question: How long is the megaserver maintenance downtime will last to install the DLC on the server side? Are we looking at 4, 6, 9 hours, or longer down time?

The Dark Brotherhood launch maintenance window on May 31st is scheduled for six hours (starting at 6AM Eastern), but sometimes it takes less, sometimes more. We'll let everyone know as soon as the maintenance is over, either way. :)
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭

The Dark Brotherhood launch maintenance window on May 31st is scheduled for six hours (starting at 6AM Eastern), but sometimes it takes less, sometimes more. We'll let everyone know as soon as the maintenance is over, either way. :)

Cool, hopefully for PS4 will be similar come June 14th two weeks from the day after tomorrow~ I'm dying to get the wolf mount, and see my main's stats after the buffs, I expect Weapon Damage to become over 4000 unbuffed. <3

That Increase Physical Harm enchanted Jewelry though, hehe...
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2560+
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see at least 1 player that is going to hit play about once every few minutes to make sure the game isn't up.

Probly stay home from school too :)
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck with it. I hope everything goes fine immediately. :smile:
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

booya, 2 points for me being right ;)
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the past, 8 hours has been enough. But like Jessica said, sometime more. I think the longest patch was 12 hours. And the shortest patch was 20 minutes (excluding hotfixes which do not require downtime at all).
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool, hopefully for PS4 will be similar come June 14th two weeks from the day after tomorrow~ I'm dying to get the wolf mount, and see my main's stats after the buffs, I expect Weapon Damage to become over 4000 unbuffed. <3

Let me let you down easily, it won't for 4k unbuffed... Buffed can reach upward of 5.3k thou.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Let me let you down easily, it won't for 4k unbuffed... Buffed can reach upward of 5.3k thou.

That's absurd. The game needs a new meta other than damage stacking and shield abuse (so that you can push even more dps while wearing a napkin under your multiple shields). Longterm, it never works, isn't healthy, brings with it a million balancing issues, and ruins any mechanics the developers implement for PVE. (As well as pigeonholes PVP builds.)

As a tank, even, I'm over 2k unbuffed spell power, which is just dumb. That used to be the endgame goal FOR DPS barely a year ago.
    Edited by Peekachu99 on May 30, 2016 9:34AM
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »

That's absurd. The game needs a new meta other than damage stacking and shield abuse (so that you can push even more dps while wearing a napkin under your multiple shields). Longterm, it never works, isn't healthy, brings with it a million balancing issues, and ruins any mechanics the developers implement for PVE. (As well as pigeonholes PVP builds.)

As a tank, even, I'm over 2k unbuffed spell power, which is just dumb. That used to be the endgame goal FOR DPS barely a year ago.

Yeah. The power creep is real. There was a significant increase in power between v14 and v16: far more than the difference between v12 and v14.
  • mistermutiny89
    mistermutiny89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    May 31st: New Witcher dlc.

WINNING!!!
    Guild Leader : Defenders Of Miley
    XB1 EU
    EP | VR16 Breton NB -mistermutiny
    AD | VR16 Dunmer DK - Grigori
    AD | VR16 Altmer Sorcerer - Isvoleet
    AD | VR16 Imperial DK - Leonidas
    AD | VR16 Bosmer NB - Hood
    AD | VR16 Breton Templar - Dante
    AD | VR16 Redguard Sorcerer - Raiden
    AD | VR7 Khajiit Templar - Ike'ilyew
    DC | 160 Breton NB - Vergil

"Hmmm... Very convincing.. Does the illusion apply to.. Everywhere? Perhaps this one should have a moment alone in private to double check" - Razum'Dar
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool, thanks. I was wondering when it will come out for PS4.. and yes, increase physical harm for jewelries enchant, but those darn glyphs are expensive from the trader guild. I wonder where you can find a drop of those. ..and are you serious, 4000 unbuffed? I wonder how powerful the enemies will be, then?!
  • IV1IVJA
    IV1IVJA
    ✭✭✭

And 2nd June for Australians...

jk, love you ZOS <3
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like i said, 1st june lol