Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cheating - scoruge - ps4

willymchilybily
willymchilybily
✭✭✭✭
The current rank 1 leader for yellow (ad) emporership, has logged in as a red and picked up a scroll as a red and is right at this moment taking it to the yellows through red territory with no one able to stop him

AD cheating surprise surprise ... But if those on would care to report him it's occurring right this instant
PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sort of opportunity generates a lot of AP for both sides.
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    He spent AP to circumvent the rules (one faction per server) so he could cheat to give yellows an advantage. Scroll bonuses. The fact that there is more action or interest is irrelevant to cheating to gain an advantage unless they start rewarding every faction equally no matter if you win or lose.

the fact is he cheated and deserves a temp ban for doing so. Unles zenimax condone cheating to gain an advantage in AvA. As there is no easily resolvable fix for such occurrences it stands to reason the only recourse is punishment for abuse.

but thanks for your input and keeping the thread bumped, I'll bump it until I see some recourse or relevant comment by zenimax
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    And again. Repeat same guy doing it.
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He can join the campaign on any toon and do this, no ap required.

If the could fix it they would have by now.
  • Elementz
    Elementz
    ✭✭
    I hope this is a joke.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally allowed and has been called by the Devs in the past "dynamic game play". They won't get in a lick of trouble. Don't bother posting stuff on the forum use the in game system. Still won't help in this case though.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    Zos intended this, so it's not cheating it's exploiting the possibilities provided by the game. In the same way that campaign jumping is not cheating.

In war everything is fair.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just do it back everyday . Anytime you lose a scroll , log in a alt an walk it back . Problem solved .
  • FatKidHatchets
    FatKidHatchets
    ✭✭✭
    This was ZoS big plan when they decided every person can play every faction all in the same campaign. These new developers are dumb. Been saying it for a while. Just more little ways ESO has gone to ***. Thanks ZoS.
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    And again. Repeat same guy doing it.

Boehoe... come on, admit it... you don't want to feel like a losser do you?
    Come join our little yellow army and serve the queen. You don't want to fight for that drunk, fat, ugly Nord with his smelly beard or do you?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it's worth report the player, record some videos of them doing it and send it to ZOS.

Otherwise welcome to ESO PvP 2016, cheat2win.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    welcome to ESO PvP 2016, cheat2win.

In every game to win, make sure you have the advantage. Some call it cheating, some call it strategy.

FYI examples of having an (unfair) advantage:

- V16 vs. noob
    - 1 vs. x (x>=1)
    - emporer vs regular
    - night cap map (and abusing under population bonus)
    - taking a keep with brute force, outnumbering opponents
    - nightblade cloak skill
    - AND using an 'untouchable' scroll mule to get it back to the place where it belongs (AD territory).

Wow... I get the impression that this whole game is based on having an 'unfair' advantage. Report it to ZOS dude, they will fix it for sure :smiley:

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome to ESO PvP 2016, cheat2win.

In every game to win, make sure you have the advantage. Some call it cheating, some call it strategy.

FYI examples of having an (unfair) advantage:

- V16 vs. noob
    - 1 vs. x (x>=1)
    - emporer vs regular
    - night cap map (and abusing under population bonus)
    - taking a keep with brute force, outnumbering opponents
    - nightblade cloak skill
    - AND using an 'untouchable' scroll mule to get it back to the place where it belongs (AD territory).

Wow... I get the impression that this whole game is based on having an 'unfair' advantage. Report it to ZOS dude, they will fix it for sure :smiley:

There are diffrences in advantage and mechanics abuse.

All of the points you made until your last one are fine within the spirit of the game as they have counter mechanics or are intended within gameplay.

Exploiting bugs, using bots/trainers is prohibited and should be (actually is but rarely enforced) a bannable offence.

Running a scroll with an alt on the other faction is by ZOS statements in the past "against the spirit of the game" and I have had friends receive warnings just for joking about doing it. Actually doing it isn't an intended game mechanic ZOS programmed into the game as there is no counter for your faction bar everyone having alts on the other side and logging in and out all the time.

"Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    The spirit of the game? May the eight watch over our little red spy! Bards all over the dominion sing songs about his heroic acts. He took on a whole red army single handed but no one was able to touch him. It was a glorious day for the dominion.

• nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    Its not an exploit. Your just mad we tricked you :)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nikigwil wrote: »

Agreed it's not an exploit.

However ZOS had stated many time (and given people warnings) that you shouldn't be doing this because "it's against the spirit of the game".

End of the day it's not what they intended when they made the system and they're going to have to find a way to stop it happening as it's getting traction as a tactic to use now. It leaves players frustrated because as I said before the only counter possible to it is to have alts on another faction and relog to them.
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    It leaves players frustrated

I get frustrated over the server lag, but that doesn't seem to be bothering ZOS. Lesson to learn, don't get frustrated over a video game with some issues. When feeling frustrated? Go pick a direction and see what advantures lay beyond the horizon.

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep not against the rules to be a d_bag! lol
    Edited by TequilaFire on May 28, 2016 5:34PM
  • Snape2255
    Snape2255
    ✭✭✭
    Though I don't condone what the player in question had done/has been doing, it's not a solitary event.

I have witnessed many players from both EP and DC doing the same sort of things. I have also witnessed countless EP players logging into AD alts to point out stealthed AD players and do things which provide EP players with an advantage (including exploiting into a keep).

It is frowned upon by everyone, but it's convenient how when it's happening against EP there are calls for a witch hunt and a ban. What about the EP players who do it to AD?

Also I'm pretty sure that logging in alts to find players of another faction and pointing them out for your friends, or showing them where they're going all the time is "against the spirit of the game." You don't get Russian spies walking through the middle of London and pointing out to someone "LOOK! HE'S HERE! THIS ONE! OVER HERE GUYS!" do you.

Pot, kettle, black. Come back when you have earned yourself a sense of equal injustice, and not just when it suits you.
    The name is Snape. Full time Banana fighting for his Queen and Country. Favourite hobby; killing the cowardly Covenant and Pact infidels threat.

Predominantly PVP based player running various characters. Mostly Magicka Templar, Magicka Sorcerer and Stamina Templar.

Proud Right-Hand Man of The Saints Knights and Sergeant-At-Arms of The Yellow Army.
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    So many AD trolls. The whole point of home campaign costing 150k AP to change and the game not allowing your cross faction characters to play in the same campaign is to avoid this. It's clearly cheating. Not a tactic.

@Snape2255 the difference is you can prove this occurred you can't so easily prove someone is intentionally giving away your position to the enemy. The other difference is the effect of scroll bonus is far more prolific.

but feel free to show me your photos of EP being equally unsportsman like and I'll call for a temporary ban for those players too. here is my proof below
    2fSMLqi.jpg
    BOpaPlM.jpg
    feel free to present yours
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • DynastyIXII
    DynastyIXII
    ✭✭✭
    So many AD trolls. The whole point of home campaign costing 150k AP to change and the game not allowing your cross faction characters to play in the same campaign is to avoid this. It's clearly cheating. Not a tactic

Makes no sense. 1st of all, the game allows cross faction characters in the same campaign, they TOOK OFF the restriction in the TG DLC/base game patch. It is also not cheating because it doesn't go against the rules, you are not, hacking, modify, alter anything to get ahead of other players. This is something that is allowed in the game clearly.

Edited by DynastyIXII on May 29, 2016 6:37AM
    PS4 NA
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do be fair when @ZOS_BrianWheeler announced the change for unlocking campaigns to all character on your account we said this would happen.

While I understand the reasoning behind the changes and the change itself wasn't bad it didn't have any design changes in place to stop trolls/cheats/spies or whatever you want to name it.

We either accept we're going down the route of EVE Online and start playing the metagame or ZOS start thinking of ideas on how to stop character taking scrolls with their alts.
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    There is nothing stopping you havong an alt on each faction anymore. This was removed. Clearly seen by all the red player on blue alts yesterday. It happens and it isnt likely to get the player banned
  • Snape2255
    Snape2255
    ✭✭✭
    So many AD trolls. The whole point of home campaign costing 150k AP to change and the game not allowing your cross faction characters to play in the same campaign is to avoid this. It's clearly cheating. Not a tactic.

@Snape2255 the difference is you can prove this occurred you can't so easily prove someone is intentionally giving away your position to the enemy. The other difference is the effect of scroll bonus is far more prolific.

but feel free to show me your photos of EP being equally unsportsman like and I'll call for a temporary ban for those players too. here is my proof below
    2fSMLqi.jpg
    BOpaPlM.jpg
    feel free to present yours

On the contrary it is quite easy to prove the EP players pointing out stealthed AD players to other EP players, whilst on their alts. It's evident in the fact that they stand next to the AD player and follow them around/use emotes around them the whole time until the EP players come over, find them, kill them but they leave the one revealing their position alone.

If you would like me to prove this I would have to record pretty much every second of my gameplay as the amount of EP players who run on AD alts to provide EP with an 'unfair advantage' is ridiculous. I could quite easily name many of them, however it is not allowed to "name and shame" on here (as was pointed out to me recently by a mod).

There have also been EP members aiding others to get into keeps and to capture scrolls for a LONG time now, you seem to have neglected to pay attention to that. Or perhaps you conveniently have not been around? Maybe you're amongst the new wave of players into Scourge who haven't been here long but have jumped on the band wagon. EP have been doing similar tactics for a long, long time. DC Have been too. In fact, last night DC were doing the exact same tactics that the AD #1 spot was doing.

It's very coincidental that you've only picked up on this now that an AD player has done it, isn't it.

The difference between you and I, is that on AD we are well aware that EP and DC have unsportsmanlike conduct. In the form of;
    • Alts to capture scrolls and either send them back to their factions OR stick them in the closest keep to their faction (for instance; Alma Ruma into Brindle.)
    • Alts to point out stealthed enemies to their friends (this has been happening for a minimum of 6 months, that I've noticed at least. This has also happened across a number of campaigns, and it is usually EP, but not restricted to them.)
    • Alts created to help glitch friends inside keeps (prime example of this were DC doing it last night, AD a few days ago and EP have also done it numerous time.)
    • Alts to find out where the mass of AD players are heading, and then relaying that information back to their guild.
    • Forming countless alliances between DC/EP simply to push AD back as soon as they get to either Roebeck or Alessia.

However we don't go around crying about it on the forums because we just get on with it. We've had to deal with it for a LONG time now and we're used to it. We are well aware of the main culprits and we avoid those players at all costs when they are on alts. They're simply not welcome with us.

It sucks that this sort of thing happens, it really does. I do not condone what AD did at all, and I can say with confidence I had nothing to do with it (although I did laugh when I heard about it). At the time this was happening I was trying to hold back your little horde from once again ruining another day's fun in Scourge.

It's just rather too convenient how you call for a ban when an AD player does this, and only then. Where have you been for the past 6 months?

Pot, Kettle, Black. The hypocrisy of this post is ludicrous at best.
    The name is Snape. Full time Banana fighting for his Queen and Country. Favourite hobby; killing the cowardly Covenant and Pact infidels threat.

Predominantly PVP based player running various characters. Mostly Magicka Templar, Magicka Sorcerer and Stamina Templar.

Proud Right-Hand Man of The Saints Knights and Sergeant-At-Arms of The Yellow Army.
  • Snape2255
    Snape2255
    ✭✭✭
    In addition. Please talk to your members about recently doing the EXACT same thing you're calling for a ban on the AD player for. I can't name drop which is a shame, however I'm sure you are well aware of the EP players who have literally just done the same thing.

Unless you've conveniently missed that one too?

• willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Snape2255 pm me who ,I'm curious who is doing it. And will happily report a red as much as a yellow or blue. I don't want a hollow victory or a dishonest loss.

But I mean I'm not surprised there is retaliation, but Its the first time I've seen this happen. Perhaps did miss this occurring before but I have been in scourge since it was bought back perhaps a bit naive to what was going on.

If it's allowed then fine if everyone is allowed to do this and this is accepted and the game designers want the espionage betrayals to be allowed then fine. But I wish they would let us know what is and isn't allowed. I still think it's unsportsman like and it should be a ban able offence but I agree there's unlikely now to be a ban if they have taken away cross faction characters in the same campaign and pretty much facilitated this happening. So stupid

It'll be abused till its out of hand and needs fixing I guess like all exploits in this game.
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • Snape2255
    Snape2255
    ✭✭✭
    I shall try and compose a list for you when I get the opportunity. Unfortunately only 3 names are jumping out at me off the top of my head, but I have witnessed at least 20 do so. Once I see them I'll write their name down and get you a list.

These are only players I or my guild have witnessed doing this first hand, no doubt others could pitch in a few.

I'll pm you with a few now though to appease your desire to know.

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What rules exactly did this person violate?

Remove your personal disapproval of the action or person. Logic dictates we can only objectively judge a rule as being broken or not, so which rule was broken?
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    No rules were broken at all.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No rules were broken at all.

No not officially, and some would say there are double agents in real life too. The problem with that is in real life you can catch and stop the double agent. In eso 5 they are immortal.