Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Problems Have Increased

SlayerSyrena
SlayerSyrena
✭✭✭✭✭
I tried to put in a ticket several times in-game but my game always crashes and the ticket won't submit.

Anyways, these are my current problems with my game.

1. Hot pink creatures and buildings.
2. Full game crash upon entering Thieves Guild Den, Outlaw Refuges.
3. Crashing upon changing characters via the character menu.
4. Character falling through world once loaded. /Stuck and FT to player not working to resolve it. Have to relog multiple times to fix.
5. Icons missing entirely for abilities on skill bars and on materials/consumables/items. Have to guess what item is/looks like or what ability is slotted.
6. Help tickets not submitting properly.
7. Topless (and bottomless!) players and NPC's throughout the world. Awkward.
8. Invisible players.
9. Areas taking a long time to load. Multiple loading screens throughout areas/running in place while environment loads.

I love this game. Help?
Ebonheart Pact
All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
Aldmeri Dominion
Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
Daggerfall Covenant
S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword

Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order
Guest on first ESO Live
My ESO fan art and comics
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Could you please post your system's specs (Apple Menu > About this Mac) here, including OS X version, but sans S/N? What kind of internet access do you have, and are you using WiFi to connect your mac to your router? Do you run the game from an SSD, or conventional HDD?

I've tested the new help/feedback system that came with the switch to the 64-bit client on several occasions, and I've yet to see a single crash. Every ticket was confirmed to be submitted.

If you haven't done so already, you should run a repair on your installation from the Launcher (Game Options menu > Repair). Make sure that you have enough free space, currently 85 GB according to the latest minimum system specs. The last resort would be deleting the client's directories (/Applications/ZeniMax Online/ and ~/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/), getting the latest installer from your account page (do not use DVDs under any circumstances), and then re-installing the game from scratch, preferably using wired network while being at it.

• SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @KhajitFurTrader

OS X El Capitan
    Version 10.11.3

iMac: (21.5-inch, Mid 2011)
    Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB

Access is direct, not wifi
    Ebonheart Pact
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Daggerfall Covenant

Guest on first ESO Live
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi @SlayerSyrena,

sadly, your Mac no longer meets the minimum system specs. It lacks the minimum amount of 1 GB VRAM, and the graphics chip is unsupported as well: the new minimum spec, a Radeon HD 6850M, has nearly double the computing power of the HD 6750M.

Patch 2.3 featured the switch to OpenGL 4.1 in the client's rendering engine, and inevitably, this came with the need for more memory -- which was partly alleviated by switching to a 64-bit binary as well. Alas, it can't change the amount of physical VRAM, which is needed to hold textures and meshes (among other things). The vast majority of the problems you're experiencing with the client (e.g., missing or pink textures, missing icons, invisible players, long loading times w/ multiple loading screens, client crashes) can be blamed on the now insufficient size of available VRAM. Unfortunately, this cannot be remedied.

• SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Mac can't play ESO anymore? Are you sure about that??? Everything was doing really well until a patch a few weeks ago ...
    Ebonheart Pact
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Daggerfall Covenant

Guest on first ESO Live
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My Mac can't play ESO anymore? Are you sure about that??? Everything was doing really well until a patch a few weeks ago ...

When they switched to new DX. I think it's DX11 now?
    PC EU
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When they switched to new DX. I think it's DX11 now?

Correct the game now only supports DX11.

Their reason behind this (as eluded to at the recent PAX event) was they felt they could do more by focusing on one rather than building things which had to be compatible with both.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically catering to DX10 and DX11 was doubling the work and required work arounds... as well as making DX11 features unavailable.
    So ...they dropped DX10 support.
    DX10 based hardware is approaching end of life....even if not actually dead yet.

Sorry @SlayerSyrena :(
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Folks, this is the Mac Tech forum. DirectX holds absolutely no sway here. ;)

@SlayerSyrena, I guess you could try to delete and re-install the game from scratch, as I've describe above, to see whether some problems stem from game files that became corrupt during patching. But the missing VRAM will very likely continue to be a source of all kinds of texture-related problems, and as the game develops further, minimum specs will only rise.

• Nor_the_Fallen
    Sounds like it's time to get a new Mac.
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I love this game so I'll play it until I can't even start it up anymore ... Due to a lousy situation we have, there is no way I can afford a new computer/Mac ... :cry:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Daggerfall Covenant

Guest on first ESO Live
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    There is one thing that you may try which is to increase amount of RAM. Basically patch 2.3 made it so 8 GB is simply an absolute minimum requirement now. I had similar issues despite my iMac has 2 GB video RAM and upgrading 8 GB to 24 GB did a trick.

Also set al fireworks to minimum in game for performance reasons and see if that helps in any way.
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @alterfenixeb17_ESO , I tried turning off Grass and it's helped a little. I did buy more RAM (I have 8 GB now) when I heard about the update so I imagine that's helping as well.

Even though half the trees are pink and some citizens of Tamriel are having wardrobe malfunctions, I'm going to keep playing this game till I can't boot it up anymore!
    Edited by SlayerSyrena on May 26, 2016 3:44PM
    Ebonheart Pact
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Daggerfall Covenant

Guest on first ESO Live
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I did not notice any wardrobe problems so far however pink textures is definitely a bug as this affects also players that meet recommended specs too. This may be more common in case of some low end Macs if anything. Not really a game breaker but still it'd be good to finally see some fix for that, agreed.

And I also can agree on that each dlc introduced more bugs than there are fixed. Hopefully that will change some day.
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Also one more thing. You should get more than 8 GB, as I said. mid year 21 inch iMacs year 2011 support up to 32 GB so that should not be much of an issue while 8 GB for 64 bit client is very low still - this may be the reason of some of your problems. It certainly was that way in my case.
  • tfraley
    tfraley
    Hofully BH will fix some of this.

I am still seeing these issues and I have a 2015 5k iMac

I don't belive its totaly your mashine, I belive it's how ESO is handeling memeory / textures and they stil havn't fix'd it yet.

Like the issue with access to large number of filles in the past and the change they made to the launcher allowing 5000 of them.

Mac support has goen down hill since launch of theif's
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    tfraley wrote: »
    Hofully BH will fix some of this.

I am still seeing these issues and I have a 2015 5k iMac

I don't belive its totaly your mashine, I belive it's how ESO is handeling memeory / textures and they stil havn't fix'd it yet.

Like the issue with access to large number of filles in the past and the change they made to the launcher allowing 5000 of them.

Mac support has goen down hill since launch of theif's
    Yes, that is why I suggested to get more than 8 GB RAM. Truth be told that TESO process itself can easily take those few GB (with the highest that I have seen being around 7 GB) - then you need some memory for other stuff that you may have even if it is just a notification bar and then system itself also requires some.

Although I wouldn't go as far as down hill as PC client is not exactly perfect too and quite a few of those issues that OP said can also be found there.

• KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    then you need some memory for other stuff that you may have even if it is just a notification bar and then system itself also requires some.
    As per official technical system specifications, OS X 10.11 needs 2 GB for itself. That's without user applications.

• alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    then you need some memory for other stuff that you may have even if it is just a notification bar and then system itself also requires some.
    As per official technical system specifications, OS X 10.11 needs 2 GB for itself. That's without user applications.

Yes, but then I just logged into game without doing anything. The only apps other than game client that I have not opened are Safari (just this forums), Mail, TextEdit, Zenimax Launcher and notifications - in Activity Monitor over 7 GB of memory used (almost 6 GB of app memory + almost 2 GB of data that cannot be moved to swap) plus 6 GB swap. And since game client just started I can imagine that it can in fact be pushed still quite a bit more.