Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Dark Brotherhood Deep-Dive: Updates to The Crown Store and ESO Plus"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
c83ae701a27f854167fcdef6a37fd5be.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Dark Brotherhood Deep-Dive: Updates to The Crown Store and ESO Plus. Read it to learn more about improvements we've made to the Crown Store, and the latest benefit of being an ESO Plus member!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally, we get the answer... Character slots are 1500 Crowns each.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally see what the bag looks like when you are digging in your crafting bag! Looks cool!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • FerrumnCutem
    FerrumnCutem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Salty about craft bags, I've spend over €200 or more on the game and will continue to buy crowns. But i dont like the feeling of having to play one single game and nothing else because it would be wasted money, if they would just sell the bags for 5000 crowns or so id still buy it.
  • GRYM.LOCKE
    GRYM.LOCKE
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

How about I just give you $100-200 and you can give me what I would like for my werewolf

1: ultimate timer reworked
    2: skill changes
    3: better berserker morph

Sounds fair ! :)
  • Woenprom
    Woenprom
    ✭✭✭
    allows you to hold a nearly-unlimited number of basic crafting supplies

I still wonder what "nearly-unlimited" means.

Also want to know which crafting mats are "not basic".
    " Multiplayer? M'aiq does not know this word. You wish others to help you in your quest? Coward! "
  • ZOS_KaiSchober
    Woenprom wrote: »

Nearly-unlimited means no more than 4 billion pieces in total in the bag. ;)

Kai Schober
    Senior Community Manager - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch
    Staff Post
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm honestly surprised they put these at such a reasonable price, thanks ZOS!
    Woenprom wrote: »

I'm pretty sure on ESO Live they said it was around 4 billion of each type of item, which would make sense if they were using unsigned 32-bit numbers to count how much of each type of item you have.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slight correction: the article says the Vosh Rakh Ceremonial Mask is available in the base game. Unless something's changed, might be worth noting that it's actually part of Orsinium.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not bad! :)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So slots average out to 15-11 USD each if you're buying the crowns. I'm good with that! Was expecting more.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1500 for a character slot is pretty fair. I am happy with this. :smiley:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm... I was hoping for word about a sale on the items leaving the crown store.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Pensola
    Pensola
    ✭✭✭
    Legoless wrote: »
    Slight correction: the article says the Vosh Rakh Ceremonial Mask is available in the base game. Unless something's changed, might be worth noting that it's actually part of Orsinium.
    From what I understand, often "base games" often just means "what came before this up-coming/current DLC". At least I could swear I've seen patch notes where they make a special section for the current DLC, then previous ones are banded together with the base game. It is a little confusing, but kind of makes sense, in the long run?
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure on ESO Live they said it was around 4 billion of each type of item, which would make sense if they were using unsigned 32-bit numbers to count how much of each type of item you have.
    They did, so it could have been a misunderstanding at some point, or things changed. Since the woman at ESO Live was the one who worked on the craft bag, if I remember correctly, I'm inclined to believe it either still is 4,2 billion per item, or that it was later changed to 4-ish billion in general. It's been two weeks, so a lot could have happened, I'm sure. At any rate, I doubt it will be filled in a while. :P
  • makeyurself
    makeyurself
    ✭✭✭
    1500 crowns seems fair!! Thanks ZOS! Can't wait to get my hands on more slots!
    Xbox NA:
    • Soren Hawkheart- Breton Spellsword (DC) Sorcerer
    • Kaenan- Imperial Paladin (EP) Templar
    • Revan- Dunmer Vampire Inferno Mage (EP) Dragonknight
    • Faerandil- Altmer Sage (AD) Templar
    • Aureyna- Altmer Arcane Warrior (AD) Sorcerer
    • Aurthalion- Altme Battle Mage (AD) Sorcerer
    • Dahlek- Argonian Shadowmage/Shadowscale (AD) Nightblade
    • Callion- Breton Thief & Assassin (AD) Nightblade
    • Eldaran- Lore-breaking half-elf Elementalist, not of Nirn (DC) Dragonknight
    • Quenandir- Altmer Ranger (AD) Nighblade
    • Saelif- Breton/Altmer MG Adept (AD) Templar

• DerAlleinTiger
    DerAlleinTiger
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woo! Glad to hear the character slots are 1500! That was just about hitting my max for purchase, but I find it very reasonable. I was a tad bit concerned after the, uh, banker and merchant 'situation,' but you guys pulled through!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    That's not bad! :)

No, that is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. A "mere" 6000 Crowns for a full suite of characters. I totally see people buying into that.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Elder_Martin
    Elder_Martin
    ✭✭✭
    Does "basic crafting supplies" mean only materials harvested from nodes? No processed materials? What about foods?
    I am the real Mudcrab Merchant.
    Gamertag - Elder Martin
  • Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kyle_ESO8 wrote: »
    Does "basic crafting supplies" mean only materials harvested from nodes? No processed materials? What about foods?

From the way it is on PTS now it is ALL crafting materials, raw or refined, including Provisioning and Alchemy ingredients and even Fishing bait. :)

I believe Consumables are still in your regular inventory, which makes sense really.

I'm happy to see the price of Character Slots is fairly reasonable. My only complaint is that the limit is a mere 4 extra slots. I had close to 20 slots in multiple other MMOs and any true altaholic is going to have 30+ anyways.... *sadpanda*
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That hair is new!

I can't wait until you guys start talking about the barbershop. I need some information on if a certain hair color will be available to a certain race.

Either way... Character slots! I might buy one or two. I still don't have a Nord or a Redguard. I want to know, though, where the new characters go on the list. On the PTS, when NA was copied, I bought the slots and created a new character, but she went straight to the top of the list instead of going to the bottom. I want my first and main character to remain on top, so I would like to know if it is different on live.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Legoless :
    If you can't wait to wear a new hat, there will be two hats available in the base game for you to wear when Dark Brotherhood is released: Cadwell's Pot Helm, and the Vosh Rakh Ceremonial Mask. These two items were previously available as a costume, but we've converted them to hats so you can now wear them with a costume!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Legoless :
    If you can't wait to wear a new hat, there will be two hats available in the base game for you to wear when Dark Brotherhood is released: Cadwell's Pot Helm, and the Vosh Rakh Ceremonial Mask. These two items were previously available as a costume, but we've converted them to hats so you can now wear them with a costume!
    Fully aware. Key word is "base game", which the Mask wasn't as a costume and (I assume) won't be as a hat.
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is cool!

Can't wait for the upcoming changes :)

Also very excited on the DB release! :)
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    "wayfarerx wrote:
    The did say that on ESO Live, it was the ESO Live before May 20th .....

• Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I need at least 1-2 more characters to try out some 'fun' builds. Glad we are getting the new slots but most of all the crafting bag is going to be a huge time saver. My bank can be used for gear again and my mule can be levelled as a character. No more gear/material shuffle at the bank!
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I need at least 1-2 more characters to try out some 'fun' builds. Glad we are getting the new slots but most of all the crafting bag is going to be a huge time saver. My bank can be used for gear again and my mule can be levelled as a character. No more gear/material shuffle at the bank!

Between the crafting bags, and the lock against accidentally deconstructing things I want to keep, I will be getting two characters back. I can't wait, for this alone!
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Great news overall.

Thanks.

Any words on sales for maybe respec scrolls?
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• stevenbennett_ESO
    stevenbennett_ESO
    ✭✭✭

You *do* realize that filling the craft bag is now the new challenge, right? :smiley:
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Great news overall.

Thanks.

Any words on sales for maybe respec scrolls?

Respecs for gold are supposed to be super-cheap the first week or so.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    dro-m'athra costumes at the beginning of june please.
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    The bag looks amazing! Can't wait to get it :)
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses