Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

The amount to craft vr16 gear is ridiculous

• Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    Cuyler wrote: »
    I think you've missed the point, when/if they simply move the Xwhatever requirement to the next tier, the v16 stuff will be just like the rest, like it always has been. The gold requirement for the real "endgame" gear is enough of a sink. The Xmat requirement is superfluous grinding put on top of a system that already required gold mats to make endgame gear.

I think the point is that the "gold requirement" applies to all gear, dropped or crafted. So if I farm vWGT forever to get a nice set, then upgrade that to gold, it should be about the same time commitment as crafting a nice set and upgrading it. If it only cost 16 ruby mats to make a piece of gear I could farm and craft a full set in less time than it takes to do a single run of vWGT.

I get that, but what that implies in the drop rate for those sets is adequate. Those drop rates specifically were also almost universally denounced by the community. How quickly people forget I guess. Oh poisons are here
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think you've missed the point, when/if they simply move the Xwhatever requirement to the next tier, the v16 stuff will be just like the rest, like it always has been. The gold requirement for the real "endgame" gear is enough of a sink. The Xmat requirement is superfluous grinding put on top of a system that already required gold mats to make endgame gear.

I think the point is that the "gold requirement" applies to all gear, dropped or crafted. So if I farm vWGT forever to get a nice set, then upgrade that to gold, it should be about the same time commitment as crafting a nice set and upgrading it. If it only cost 16 ruby mats to make a piece of gear I could farm and craft a full set in less time than it takes to do a single run of vWGT.

I get that, but what that implies in the drop rate for those sets is adequate. Those drop rates specifically were also almost universally denounced by the community. How quickly people forget I guess. Oh poisons are here

I don't think it's a matter of people forgetting, I don't even have a single set piece from vWGT because I don't enjoy spending the time farming for it. However, I do like to gather and craft, so I pick up resource nodes as I play. Now I'm sitting on stacks and stacks of these mats and am in a good position to gear up all my alts for DB.

If you don't like running dungeons for gear, or gathering mats for crafting, or earning gold to buy what you need, or PvPing for AP to trade for gold, or earning TV stones... well maybe you don't like this game very much?
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems like a lot of fuss over nothing as I think it is a personal choice about having V16 gear. As far as armour goes, the little improvement between V15 and V16 does not justify the effort and/or expense in my opinion. If you are a perfectionist or have OCD, then I guess it is a concern, but you do not really need V16 armour in this game.

Weapons are a little bit different and it can be useful to have these at V16 and improved to legendary. You do not have to make them as you get good set pieces from dungeon runs and undaunted chests, then improve them to legendary for a decent damage improvement. If you can match weapons and jewelry in sets, like the agility or willpower sets, you get additional bonuses.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't like running dungeons for gear, or gathering mats for crafting, or earning gold to buy what you need, or PvPing for AP to trade for gold, or earning TV stones... well maybe you don't like this game very much?

Wat? Did you just extrapolate all that about me from this thread? Amazing....wrong, but amazing cause here I thought your previous post was well thought out and lacked the normal cliché. Can we not dive right into the thought dumpster just yet?
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Wat? Did you just extrapolate all that about me from this thread? Amazing....wrong, but amazing cause here I thought your previous post was well thought out and lacked the normal cliché. Can we not dive right into the thought dumpster just yet?

My comment was intended to elicit thoughts on exactly what you think should be required for players to earn top-end gear by listing the multitude of ways that it could be acquired, but it appears that subtlety has failed in this regard. So...

What do you think should be required for players to earn top-end gear?
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Endgame gear was/is hard to get.......because of gold mats. You think crafting a v16 set of anything in purple is "endgame" gear? Lel

It is though. If you can't do endgame with crafted purple gear, you are bad at this game. Sure getting gold will let you get some higher numbers and maybe some quicker clears, but it can all be done in purple gear.

But, you know. I have gold mats in addition to plenty of V16 mats, because I find grinding fun according to you. Nevermind the fact that I said I don't farm mats and have plenty of stuff from just playing the game. The mats are in abundance right now. When this 10x requirement was first introduced it was horrible. You could only get the mats by deconing V16 drops (you only got 1 mat each time) or buying them with tel var stones (they were priced higher back then) or you could by them from guild traders for crazy high prices. Now, the price is down. Nodes are in abundance, they cost fewer tel vars etc... The mats are so easy to get now that really the 10x the normal amount isn't bad at all.
    PC/EU DC
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My comment was intended to elicit thoughts on exactly what you think should be required for players to earn top-end gear by listing the multitude of ways that it could be acquired, but it appears that subtlety has failed in this regard. So...

What do you think should be required for players to earn top-end gear?
    Typhoios wrote: »
    Endgame gear was/is hard to get.......because of gold mats. You think crafting a v16 set of anything in purple is "endgame" gear? Lel

It is though. If you can't do endgame with crafted purple gear, you are bad at this game. Sure getting gold will let you get some higher numbers and maybe some quicker clears, but it can all be done in purple gear.

But, you know. I have gold mats in addition to plenty of V16 mats, because I find grinding fun according to you. Nevermind the fact that I said I don't farm mats and have plenty of stuff from just playing the game. The mats are in abundance right now. When this 10x requirement was first introduced it was horrible. You could only get the mats by deconing V16 drops (you only got 1 mat each time) or buying them with tel var stones (they were priced higher back then) or you could by them from guild traders for crazy high prices. Now, the price is down. Nodes are in abundance, they cost fewer tel vars etc... The mats are so easy to get now that really the 10x the normal amount isn't bad at all.

Sure the content can be completed with v16 purple. The v14 content could also be completed with v14 purple when that was the level cap, yet back then there wasn't a 10x requirement for the gear.......interesting. What makes v16 any different?

We all play the game differently. I get you're arguments, I really do. But all the things you mention to get these mats is a grind for me. Why? Cause I primarily enjoy trials where we spend gold, use potions, pay for repairs and can't sell a thing for our efforts. How you play the game may reward you with the materials you need. It doesn't for me unfortunately. If every way of playing this game rewarded players for their efforts in this regard, I wouldn't be in this conversation. Fact is it doesn't and you can't say what is working for you works for everyone "just playing the game".

Again, gold mats is all that is necessary to be required of top end gear. It used to be this way, it wasn't broken and didn't need to be "fixed".
    Edited by Cuyler on May 19, 2016 12:21AM
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh i ran around hews bane yesterday cos I was bored... about 40 minutes later I was sitting on ard 200+ A.silk and R.ingots each.... I reckon 1 full hour of harvesting = enough mats for v16 gear lol...
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • WolfWarrior84
    WolfWarrior84
    ✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    Tbh i ran around hews bane yesterday cos I was bored... about 40 minutes later I was sitting on ard 200+ A.silk and R.ingots each.... I reckon 1 full hour of harvesting = enough mats for v16 gear lol...

I play ps4 us DC spend an hour in hews bane with roughly 65 raw a.silk I had a lot of everything else but people farm that place like crazy. I don't mind running dungeons but again only boss drops are vr16 why restrictions at every turn. yes it should be difficult to get but this is an extreme I am not a casual player but what of them as well. If the amount isn't lowered then make the hirelings give more materials and all loot in dungeons scale to the level of the player or increase the amount you get from breaking down vr 16 dropped gear like it is from crafted vr 16 gear or increase how much raw materials you get from farming or make it a potion that does that. do a few little things give more options.
    Edited by WolfWarrior84 on May 19, 2016 1:39AM
    WolfWarrior84
    PS4 na server DC & EP Alliance
    Champion point 646
    Argonain templar healer, orc dragon knight tank, high elf sorcerer dps, kajiit knightblade dps , Stam Sorc pvp
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You think crafting a v16 set of anything in purple is "endgame" gear? Lel
    I see, you're one of those people who have to put words into others peoples posts because you're out of actual arguments.

At no point did i make any reference to purple gear. But yeah, you obviously know everything and everyone inside out. You must be one special snowflake.
    screwy.gif

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The gold requirement for the real "endgame" gear is enough of a sink. The Xmat requirement is superfluous grinding put on top of a system that already required gold mats to make endgame gear.
    I have multiple stacks of gold mats/tempers for each craft and i got plenty of gold.

Not sure what you've been doing while i have been playing this game, but yeah ...
    rolleyes.gif
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I strongly disaggree with stolen weapons being v15/16.... Otherwise for daily writs getting night wood, void stone etc would be a real pain to do.
    Yes you'll say "farm in craglorn" 1 hour of farming maybe 100-150 mats of each type... Now tier 9 writs take about 100 mats each, would take far to long. At present I steal loads of items, then launder and decon them.

As others have said you can get the mats from all over the place... Also prices have plummeted from what they used to be. 200 Night wood is worth 3x sanded ruby on xbox...
    Edited by Wrecking_Blow_Spam on May 19, 2016 3:34AM
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's way too much . And makes no sense what so ever . None of the prior end game sets required that much material when they introduced .Unless you like playing mine craft . The amount per piece is so high everyone was shocked when the numbers first came out . I won't even waste a gold piece on it . I'll just get dropped VR16 gear sets and improve them up .
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I play ps4 us DC spend an hour in hews bane with roughly 65 raw a.silk I had a lot of everything else but people farm that place like crazy. I don't mind running dungeons but again only boss drops are vr16 why restrictions at every turn. yes it should be difficult to get but this is an extreme I am not a casual player but what of them as well. If the amount isn't lowered then make the hirelings give more materials and all loot in dungeons scale to the level of the player or increase the amount you get from breaking down vr 16 dropped gear like it is from crafted vr 16 gear or increase how much raw materials you get from farming or make it a potion that does that. do a few little things give more options.

You need to be efficient. First off;

1. Get harvest map addon. Go to addon settings and adjust the markers/timers to your liking.
    2. Now run around hews bane, cover every inch a few times for about an hour plus. The purpose of this is to gather all the node data you can. It wont be efficient but it needs to be done.
    3. Now after 2, you should be able to map an effective route for farming. Best route would have the least mobs possible and a full circle from a wayshrine to around the map and back to that wayshrine.
    4. Im from Singapore so I normally play on weekdays after work at the same timezone as aussies so when im farming no one else (or rather very few) people are online haha.

Hope this helps!
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IF there was a signifcant difference between gold vr15 and vr16 gear, yeah the cost would indeed be understandable, but from what i have seen, the stats on the gear are not that different from each other, as such there really is no reason to have vr16 crafted gear
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best route would have the least mobs possible
    Unless you like medium armor ...
    shades.gif
  • Guffel001
    Guffel001
    They already made it so freaking easy to get the v16 mats you can buy 200 ingots for like 4k thats nothing and next patch it will be even easier and you are still complaining? Sry but there are people who had to pay 200 gold for each piece of ancestor silk when v16 came out these ones can complain.
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    Since the TG dlc it's very easy to get the materials, prices for materials has dropped because of it as well.

I only farm them for the change to get improvement materials.
  • WolfWarrior84
    WolfWarrior84
    ✭✭

You need to be efficient. First off;

1. Get harvest map addon. Go to addon settings and adjust the markers/timers to your liking.
    2. Now run around hews bane, cover every inch a few times for about an hour plus. The purpose of this is to gather all the node data you can. It wont be efficient but it needs to be done.
    3. Now after 2, you should be able to map an effective route for farming. Best route would have the least mobs possible and a full circle from a wayshrine to around the map and back to that wayshrine.
    4. Im from Singapore so I normally play on weekdays after work at the same timezone as aussies so when im farming no one else (or rather very few) people are online haha.

Hope this helps!

I am on PS4 on console we have no add-ons but thanks for trying lol
    WolfWarrior84
    Champion point 646
    Argonain templar healer, orc dragon knight tank, high elf sorcerer dps, kajiit knightblade dps , Stam Sorc pvp
  • WolfWarrior84
    WolfWarrior84
    ✭✭
    Guffel001 wrote: »
    They already made it so freaking easy to get the v16 mats you can buy 200 ingots for like 4k thats nothing and next patch it will be even easier and you are still complaining? Sry but there are people who had to pay 200 gold for each piece of ancestor silk when v16 came out these ones can complain.

I dont want to have to farm i should get enough from my dungeon run drops everything that falls in there should be my level not just the boss battles unless it is scaled to a lower player but i would know that going into the dungeon and doing random queues everything is vr16 so as long as i run those ALL DROPS SHOULD BE MY LEVEL.
    WolfWarrior84
    Champion point 646
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    The gold requirement for the real "endgame" gear is enough of a sink. The Xmat requirement is superfluous grinding put on top of a system that already required gold mats to make endgame gear.
    I have multiple stacks of gold mats/tempers for each craft and i got plenty of gold.

Not sure what you've been doing while i have been playing this game, but yeah ...
    rolleyes.gif
    I primarily enjoy trials where we spend gold, use potions, pay for repairs and can't sell a thing for our efforts. How you play the game may reward you with the materials you need. It doesn't for me unfortunately.
    Read and think before you post lest you look more of a troll than you already do.
    Edited by Cuyler on May 19, 2016 12:56PM
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guffel001 wrote: »

I dont want to have to farm i should get enough from my dungeon run drops everything that falls in there should be my level not just the boss battles unless it is scaled to a lower player but i would know that going into the dungeon and doing random queues everything is vr16 so as long as i run those ALL DROPS SHOULD BE MY LEVEL.

^ and BoE.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You think crafting a v16 set of anything in purple is "endgame" gear? Lel
    I see, you're one of those people who have to put words into others peoples posts because you're out of actual arguments.

At no point did i make any reference to purple gear. But yeah, you obviously know everything and everyone inside out. You must be one special snowflake.
    What we're discussing in this thread is crafting "endgame" gear. Just crafting it, in white quality, again....... just being able to craft it.
    You said,
    End game gear should be hard to get. That still does make sense to me.
    What your statement implies, is you think that simply crafting v16 (white, "endgame") gear should be hard. If you wanted to to express otherwise, you should try formulating your notoriously punchline like responses in more than two sentences so as to convey your thoughts. I said purple because it's pretty easy to improve to that from white, this is besides the point.

My argument, which still exists btw......is gold mats are "hard enough" to come by. That v14 gear never had this 10x requirement (which was "endgame" at the time), and "endgame" PvE is not rewarding enough due to BoP gear and *** drop rates. You, my trolling friend, have a very thin argument, and your rebuttals are more in the vein of cliché taglines.

Edit: Andy, You'll be the first person I put on ignore in my 2+ years of being on these forums daily, I'm quite sick of seeing how you treat others in the community quite honestly. This is where our conversation ends....good day shades.gif

Edited by Cuyler on May 19, 2016 5:06PM
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The point is not to have to stop what someone enjoys doing just to be able to craft gear. When the game becomes a chore, it no longer becomes fun, when it is no longer fun, there is no longer a reason to play. Like I said before, if ZOS made endgame PvE drops BoE then I wouldn't be having this conversation. I would make a ton of gold selling all the highly sought after sets I have overloading my bank. But the way I play the game (trials, trials and moar trials), it's not rewarding. And I don't enjoy running around like a robot farming mats, if even for an hour.

I'd much rather continue playing as I enjoy and propose ways to improve that experience here on the forums.
    Edited by Cuyler on May 19, 2016 2:23PM
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You think it's bad now? Just wait until ZOS releases new gear above the coming CP160 maximum.

The qq and salt will flow like water from a fire hose. LOL
    Edited by Pomaikai on May 19, 2016 2:24PM
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pomaikai wrote: »
    You think it's bad now? Just wait until ZOS releases new gear above the coming CP160 maximum.

The qq and salt will flow like water from a fire hose. LOL

It will, you shouldn't be surprised. :* Just like it did last time. Apparently as time goes on these things don't matter anymore?
    Edited by Cuyler on May 19, 2016 2:32PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What your statement implies, is you think that simply crafting v16 (white, "endgame") gear should be hard.
    [Snip]
    confused24.gif

[Edit to remove bait.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on May 19, 2016 5:32PM