Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

do people buy these (armor traits) ??

Kreetar
Kreetar
✭✭✭
since I've begun deconstructing items, I've amassed quite a collection of the following (and it grows everyday).
I never see these trying to be sold via zonechat. I wouldn't even know how much to sell them for, but I'd like them gone.

any help is much-appreciated:

- Almandine x117
- Amethyst x69
- Bloodstone x130
- Carnelian x36
- Chysolite x73
- Citrine x49
- Diamond x100
- Emerald x67
- Fire Opal x59
- Garnet x63
- Jade x48
- Quartz x91
- Ruby x64
- Sapphire x56
- Sardonyx x116
- Turquoise x72

if somehow you're interested in buying, you can message me in-game @Kreetar :smile:

thanks for all the responses, guys! for me, I just needed to know in order to free up bank space. I don't feel too badly that they're "meh" as far as highly sought-after goes. thanks again! :blush::heart:
Edited by Kreetar on May 18, 2016 9:55PM
dip me in the blood of mortals and throw me to the Dremora

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NPC sells them for 15 gold a piece. I just toss the most of them.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Kreetar
    Kreetar
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

bahahaha omg. here I think they're special or important. :joy: thank you!
    dip me in the blood of mortals and throw me to the Dremora

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can usually sell stacks of 50 for about 50g, if I have extra space in a guild store. I guess some crafters need them at some point.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Given the way traits are being reworked in the next DLC, you might have a shot at selling some of these once people start re-crafting all their gear. You'll still have to undercut the vendors and deal with the fact that many crafters (like myself) will take the stacks of these they already have and putting them in their shiny new crafting bags, never to worry about them again.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭
    I keep one stack of each in the bank, but trash the rest.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every once in a while I will put a stack of 50 Trait Stones/Gems or whatever they are called on the Guild Stores to sell. 50 to 70 Gold for the 50 stack. Sometimes they sell, sometimes they expire. The only reason I sell them is bag space limits and that won't be an issue with the DB Update.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Articulemort
    Articulemort
    ✭✭✭
    @Kreetar I don't know what your playing on, but on Xbox Na I can sell a stack of 7 sapphires for 2800 gold in a trader. They sell faster then I can acquire them. Unfortunately the rest are trash. You might be able to sell whatever one is used for infused (i cant remember what it is since I don't ever craft).
  • davidcombs7
    Hi im on ps4 but ill pay 2k gold for the lot, im new to the game so i dont have a nice supply like that.

Xxre4iviasterxx psn gamertag. Send me a msg if your interested
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sell them in stacks of 100 for 100g. They actually sell fairly frequently.
    :smile:
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi im on ps4 but ill pay 2k gold for the lot, im new to the game so i dont have a nice supply like that.

Xxre4iviasterxx psn gamertag. Send me a msg if your interested

Sorry he is on PC he gave an account name in his post. If you are on the NA server on PS4 I can send you some for free @davidcombs7 I have just been destroying them if late so you are welcome to some.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kreetar wrote: »

Wait, are trait stones sold by NPCs? I know that the style stones are sold for 15g from Blacksmiths, Carpenters, and Clothiers, but I wasn't aware that trait stones are also sold.

I'm going to check tonight and see.
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes sapphires are worth a bit. About 5 for 1500 on xbox EU.
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Wait, are trait stones sold by NPCs? I know that the style stones are sold for 15g from Blacksmiths, Carpenters, and Clothiers, but I wasn't aware that trait stones are also sold.

@Jayne_Doe I think it is the Armorers that sell the Trait Stones.

I don't think you can buy any from NPCs. It may have been during the beta when we could which makes sense as crafting would be easier to test. However deconning gear gives them up in abundance, so I never had a need to ever buy them in the live game. Sorry about that. I checked a few places and could not find any.

Edited by Nestor on May 19, 2016 2:22AM

• Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    Kreetar wrote: »

Can anyone confirm which vendor sells trait stones ? I think someone might have mixed trait stones with the style materials Id be really surprised if I had not noticed trait stones at an NPC vendor. Actually im pretty sure I read that they will be in the DB patch notes? Im almost certain their not now because divine trait stones sell far too well in a guild store if they were vendor items.
    Edited by Serenityx on May 18, 2016 9:52PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

@Jayne_Doe I think it is the Armorers that sell the Trait Stones. IIRC, there are two NPCs for each Equipment Crafting Profession, maybe even 3 (Blacksmith, Armorer, Weaponsmith) so it may be the Weapon Smith sells the Weapon Traits, the Armorer sells the Armor Traits and the Blacksmith sells the Style Gems. Or something like that.

Thanks, Nestor! I've never purchased anything from a vendor except for a few potions and style stones in the very early days of my first character and then some jewelry pieces from time to time to match my level. Other than that, I only use vendors to sell stuff.

So, I assumed that weaponsmiths only sold weapons and armorers only sold armor. :):p
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Nestor! I've never purchased anything from a vendor except for a few potions and style stones in the very early days of my first character and then some jewelry pieces from time to time to match my level. Other than that, I only use vendors to sell stuff.

So, I assumed that weaponsmiths only sold weapons and armorers only sold armor. :):p

@Jayne_Doe

I don't often buy from them either, I just know that way back when near release I saw them on one of the NPCs but not another one doing much the same job. And, they may have even taken them out of the merchants inventories.

I have been overloaded with Trait and Style mats since the first month, so I have not shopped for them since, even in the guild stores. This is one thing I have never needed to acquire after the first month.

Edited by Nestor on May 18, 2016 9:26PM

• Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    OP are you on PC? Id buy some of those carnellians but im on Xbox NA.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The only reason I sell them is bag space limits and that won't be an issue with the DB Update.
    This right here is why unlimited crafting bags are a bad idea.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Serenityx @Jayne_Doe

I checked tonight and did not see any for sale. I do remember them being sold at one point, it was probably beta, which was the last time I ever looked for anything like that. But it would be something done in a beta so people could test crafting.

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Nestor

Thanks for checking. I had intended to look last night, but got sidetracked with questing. :p Trying to get my V13 up to V16 before DB hits on XB. I know VRs are going away, but I just want to have gotten a character to VR16, just to have done it. :)