The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

vicious death what in the world

hibbles
hibbles
since the new update 100% of every death I have had has been at the hands of vicious death. heres the question, but first as it states by eso vicious death " (5 items) enemies explode when you kill a player they violently explode for 15639 flame damage"." end quote. ok eso has never been good at explaining their toys. does this mean the player must die first then they explode? as I read it as written this would be the case. or is the 15K part of the damage dealt that is actually doing the damage. again at best its very ambiguous since as I stated 100% of every death I have had since this new armor is a combo of proxy det and vicious death. eso please note you have used a past tense in your description "when you kill a player"

or better stated what comes first the death or the damage of the vicious death.

Best Answers

• PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hibbles wrote: »
    since the new update 100% of every death I have had has been at the hands of vicious death. heres the question, but first as it states by eso vicious death " (5 items) enemies explode when you kill a player they violently explode for 15639 flame damage"." end quote. ok eso has never been good at explaining their toys. does this mean the player must die first then they explode? as I read it as written this would be the case. or is the 15K part of the damage dealt that is actually doing the damage. again at best its very ambiguous since as I stated 100% of every death I have had since this new armor is a combo of proxy det and vicious death. eso please note you have used a past tense in your description "when you kill a player"

or better stated what comes first the death or the damage of the vicious death.

Death comes first.
    Its been said many many times, the Vicious Death happening before you die from your death recap is a UI error.

Edited by PainfulFAFA on April 27, 2016 11:18PM
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

Answer ✓
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is in denial, they are calling it a UI error instead of admitting VD is going off before you dead, often doing the killing.
    Answer ✓
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) Wear 5 pieces of Vicious Death
    2) Find a bunch of enemy players close together
    3) Kill one that looks squishy, or prox det/ult bomb the cluster of people
    4) Squishiest player dies and explodes, causing often fatal damage to nearby players
  • frownsyndromes
    frownsyndromes
    ✭✭✭
    man what are you talking about you need to be so skillfull to use vicious death just look how hard it was to pull off this, it took years of dedication to be able to proxy det and soul tether so its totally justified that this is possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79NXS8yiv9k
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    4) Squishiest player dies and explodes, causing often fatal damage to nearby players

scrub crutch like shield stacking.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • Tyrac
    Tyrac
    ✭✭
    man what are you talking about you need to be so skillfull to use vicious death just look how hard it was to pull off this, it took years of dedication to be able to proxy det and soul tether so its totally justified that this is possible

lame *** man !!

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

scrub crutch like shield stacking.

Well he asked how it works... there it is.
  • 1Grumpy_dunmer1
    If scrubs wouldn't run around in a lag cloud it wouldn't be necessary. Learn how to actually play the game and not rely on a group while you spam gap closers. Vicious death is a wasted 5 peice bonus 1v1. 1v1 I use julianos when I open world vd all day because I play solo.
    XxbothbarrelsxX ps4 NA
    Magicka nightblade vr16 EP
    Magicka dragonknight vr16 EP
  • 1Grumpy_dunmer1
    In my opinion vd is one of the best things to hit eso yet.... Don't like it play solo problem solved :)
    Edited by 1Grumpy_dunmer1 on April 29, 2016 1:48PM
    XxbothbarrelsxX ps4 NA
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrac wrote: »

lame *** man !!

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic lol
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    If scrubs wouldn't run around in a lag cloud it wouldn't be necessary. Learn how to actually play the game and not rely on a group while you spam gap closers. Vicious death is a wasted 5 peice bonus 1v1. 1v1 I use julianos when I open world vd all day because I play solo.

You do realize numbers are why most armies win wars right
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use protection. Don't get VD.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    i have found a video of this "UI error"

https://youtube.com/watch?v=sRnfs6Hq278

I believe in lagless Cyrodiil!
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to say this as a Military Vet, but Proxy and Vicious Death has removed damn near all skill from PVP. Everyone is running around like a damned ALQaeda suicide Bomber. It doesn't matter the class or skillset. Stealth just makes it hilariously broken...

Healers are punished for getting too close for AOE heals. Great, then we use the Obvious Healing springs animation telling the entire enemy army who to kill 1st.

Thanks.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hate to say this as a Military Vet, but Proxy and Vicious Death has removed damn near all skill from PVP. Everyone is running around like a damned ALQaeda suicide Bomber. It doesn't matter the class or skillset. Stealth just makes it hilariously broken...

Healers are punished for getting too close for AOE heals. Great, then we use the Obvious Healing springs animation telling the entire enemy army who to kill 1st.

Thanks.

I sloted destro clench for the same reason. Whenever I see a proxy deto around, clench and run.

It's like playing a very extreme version of golf
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • 1Grumpy_dunmer1
    llSRRll wrote: »

You do realize numbers are why most armies win wars right

It's just very uncompetitive : (. This game sadly lacks what it takes to keep people like me interested.
    XxbothbarrelsxX ps4 NA
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate to say this as a Military Vet, but Proxy and Vicious Death has removed damn near all skill from PVP. Everyone is running around like a damned ALQaeda suicide Bomber. It doesn't matter the class or skillset.

I have seen some skillful applications of prox det/VD bombs to destroy much larger numbers. We melted a prox det ball blob last night with it. (Took a while; they had lots of heals.) Been on the other side of some smart uses, too.

Problem is everyone is running Vicious Death, all the time, when it's something best used situationally. But it's armor, not a skill, so it's much harder to swap out on the fly. I'm not sure it's as lethal as everyone thinks it is and the UI bug is masking the real info. It's on nearly all of my death recaps, but my Kill Counter tells a different story about what percentage of kills it actually causes.

I'd like to go back to my Willpower instead... but DC is usually so outnumbered by AD on Haderus it's hard to justify not using it when you see a wall of yellow headed your way.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are doubts about wether or not that statement from ZOS about it only being a UI error is true or false, as shown in this thread: Zenimax Vicious Death Fix it! where they show a short video in slow-motion of a person being executed by Vicious Death set while having low health.

Personally I haven't pvp'ed much since TG release, however I have had way too many deaths caused by this set - I suspect it is broken in some ways, but I have no proof of it...

Some things I wonder about Vicious Death:
    • if the early procs are fake, and only displays in UI because you lagged - while your opponant had a dot on you - basically you are taking damage and lagging, thus failing to see your own death and the UI displays the error, making it seem as if it proc'ed too early.
    • if it actually counts the damage of a dot you get on you v/s the remaining health you have, and counts you as dead = procs early.
    • if slow calculations from the server to both clients fail. You are close to death, server haven't confirmed your death yet to you, but have it confirmed to your opponant and the set procs. So it seems as if it is proc'ing too early.

Sometimes when I play ESO as a healer in dungeons, I see people marked as "dead" on my UI, because they are down to 300hp or something just as bad, and when I cast a heal, they get get to full hp and no need for ressurrection. I know it's an UI error that I see them as dead, and I don't know if this can affect vicious death in pvp or not :/

ESO is full of bugs, and most OP sets have been known for being bugged, exploitable, out of touch overpowered or showing wrong tooltips in the past.
    • The Worm Cult/ Savior/ Ebon sets
    • Valkyn Skoria set
    • Phoenix set
    • The Sun set
    • Healers Habit set
    • Twin Sisters set
    • Twice-Born Star set
    and the list goes on and on, I can't remember them all... x_x which is why I don't trust tooltips, and if I spot a set that seems like poop but endgamers wear it like crazy, then it's because it probably have some shady side to it.
  • NeilBongStrong
    NeilBongStrong
    ✭✭✭
    Czirne wrote: »

Lol. Working as intended. DEFINATLY A UI BUG.
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Czirne wrote: »

This is big.
    Add to this emperors spamming their siege weapons - so much fun :/
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • henrycupcakerwb17_ESO

i am speechless the developer think this kind of broken game mechanic is ok and decide to do nothing about it
  • thesesneaksaredopeb14a_ESO
    I've definitely been killed by vicious death in a 1v1. How can they still call it a UI error