The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New Classes

rookie882001b14_ESO
rookie882001b14_ESO
Soul Shriven
i've been a fan of the series for a very long time, however at launch when so much seemed to change, mainly for me, the ability to pick your weapon in the 'armory' inside the tutorial zone, i sorta...backed off a bit. i still play on and off, bu tthe fact that there has been 3 dlc releases already, and not one new class is kinda well...annoying. So i thought up 4 new classes revolving around elements that are now missing from the game, that every eleder scrolls has had in the past in one way or another.

1: Healer/illusionist: I know we have a mage class, but its summoning, elemental, and deadric magic. So this would be a skill line dedicated to healing magic, illusion magic and a sort of 'support' or 'buff' section

2: elementalist: sure we have one class that deals with lightning, and one class that sorta deals with fire/earth but we don't' have a pure elemental magic class. ice/fire/electricity. the ulti for each being different, lightning-the giant lightning beam from Skyrim, Fire you summon a series of giant flaming pillars that erupt around you randomly. ice you create a large dome of ice around yourself and allies that traps any enemies inside or shields yourselves, deploy-able aoe sorta thing. Thats just off the top of my head. I also think each skill tree should have 1 key important thing that i know i miss, ,atronochs. When you max out to the last skill it should be an ice atronoch, fire atronoch, and lightning atronoch. obviously, only one/two summon-able at a time, but they are similar to the imp/succubus etc but exclusive to these elemental classes.

3:necromancer: come on, you all want one. the 'summon' for this would obviously be a big bone skeleton like you fight when leaving teh tutorial zone, or a fully armored skeleton, either one i think would be good. The skill trees would be the 'summon' where you get a weak wimpy skeleton, then upgrade him to a ranged or mage type, then a buff for your skeleton, a 'link' ability that gives you hp for sacrificing your minion and changes to cause a magic explosion or replace the minion, reduced hp heal if you choose the second, and then lastly the armored skeleton. the other two skill tree's would be one revolving around using nearbye dead bodies/enemies to use against others, these summoned bodies would be on tiers, and then the last one would be about self buffs/transformation

4: Dragonborn: this one is more an eh for me but i thought it would still be fun to bring back the shouts. to me, this would have only one skill line with double the amount of learn-able spells, all of which would be different shouts/buff-shouts for the player or allies.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1: Healer/illusionist: I know we have a mage class, but its summoning, elemental, and deadric magic. So this would be a skill line dedicated to healing magic, illusion magic and a sort of 'support' or 'buff' section

A pure Healer would have a Hell of a time leveling up. A Class like that would need to focus just on PvP in Cyrodiil since at least there they'd have a purpose and a way of progressing. Only other way I see it in PvE is you group up with others all the time and have them do the dirty work.

Unless you had Healing spells that damaged Mobs.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • rookie882001b14_ESO
    rookie882001b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    i know what you mean, but i play a pure healer already, just have to make a weird combo. a restoration staff argonian Templar. and i use nothing but healing spells and i level just fine. i mean, the CLASS is pure healer, there is no weapon restriction, so you can still use two handed, duel wield, shield and sword, elemental staffs etc. so its not like your defenseless or anything.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i know what you mean, but i play a pure healer already, just have to make a weird combo. a restoration staff argonian Templar. and i use nothing but healing spells and i level just fine. i mean, the CLASS is pure healer, there is no weapon restriction, so you can still use two handed, duel wield, shield and sword, elemental staffs etc. so its not like your defenseless or anything.

Even if your abilities are nothing but Healing spells you're still capable of putting out enough damage with whatever weapon you're equipping. Swords, Destruction Staffs. Even the Restoration Staff does some damage with it's primary attack. But one would assume a Pure Healer Class would not be given a means of applying damage to a target, but instead do nothing but Heal one's self and their friendlies. Your Healing capabilities would be greater, however any kind of Buff requires Sacrifice.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • GCypher87
    GCypher87
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see two classes. Either a Ranger type class, or a Geomancer class based on plant life.

The ranger would be built mostly around bows and stealth. And maybe summon some kind of wild animal, like a wolf, like I see some enemies summon senches in AD.

Then the geomancer would basically be like a spriggon/hollow mix. Maybe make it horrible at dps with the benefits of being a good healer/tank hyrid. Maybe it doesn't excel at either but it'd be a great PvE build.
    PC: @Cyffr
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS decides to add new active and passives abilites in the Soul Magic skill tree then will get the necromancer class.
    In addition a soul staff and its skill tree.