Any new updates on OSX texture issues?

tfraley
tfraley
Seems I've stopped hearing people talk about pink textures etc.. Has everyone's problem gone away or have you all just become numb to it?
Just wondering if it's me.

I'm still seeing pink horse textures and other random objects.
Also lately I've been seeing more missing floor textures this has really been bothering me. I would be running in Cyridal and just start falling through the floor and port back to highland and have to catch up to my group again.

Also once in a while all addon's crash back to vanilla.

I've gone back and forth in the past with ESO support and multiple threads here. I'm just wondering here because I haven't seen anything on it in a while.


Thanks.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    Community-Botschafter
    Sorry, but I can't help you there much, as I have never seen any of those issues myself. Then again, I've never used addons at all, and one hypothesis says that there might be a connection, because of something going awry with their internal memory management. As for the resetting or crashing of addons, there might still be some around which are ill-equipped to handle the latest change to the LUA API, which involves account-wide variable handling. The usual approach, that has been discussed in other threads already, would be to delete all addons, delete/rename the Elder Scrolls Online directory within the Documents folder, and, after the the game has been run once to rebuild it, to re-install addons one by one to test whether there are culprits among them.

    Do you plan on playing on the PTS? You could test whether you're still seeing those issues in the new builds that go there over the course of the next weeks. Plus, it could be a "fresh start" regarding addons, as most of the existing ones likely won't work due to version mismatches.

  • tfraley
    tfraley
    @KhajitFurTrader
    We have gone back and forth in some other threads as well.

    Not new at this any longer lol.. Yes plugin's can be an issue however i've done testing with out them in the past.
    I'll try again.

    In the past these issues were due to OSX not being able to load enough files at the same time. Which is why we saw thouse 4000 fix's and the patch that added the 5000

    With that said in the past game was unplayable, now it is but the texture thing is still a pain in the ass..

    I will try to remove addon's again. Havn't done that test in 2 weeks or so but nothing seemed to change since.

    Again I feel it's the amount of files being loaded, could have to do with add-ons since there are more files there as well.

    Also it seems the issues are worse with people with 5k iMac's like my self..

  • TitanJeff
    TitanJeff
    ✭✭
    My pink issues have gone away. Right now, it's only random ground textures from things like horse prints and lightning/spells which show up as blue or white pixels.

    It's annoying but nothing like fighting pink spiders.

    I'm on a Macbook Pro running 10.10.5
    Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
    No add-ons

    h6wjfkrp412q.jpg
    Edited by TitanJeff on May 7, 2016 3:10AM
  • Ecstatica
    Ecstatica
    ✭✭✭
    tfraley wrote: »
    Seems I've stopped hearing people talk about pink textures etc.. Has everyone's problem gone away or have you all just become numb to it?
    Just wondering if it's me.

    I'm still seeing pink horse textures and other random objects.
    Also lately I've been seeing more missing floor textures this has really been bothering me. I would be running in Cyridal and just start falling through the floor and port back to highland and have to catch up to my group again.

    Also once in a while all addon's crash back to vanilla.

    I also experience everything you've written here, all of which was fine until the previous patch.
    Filthy Gorgeous
    (PC/EU)
  • TitanJeff
    TitanJeff
    ✭✭
    In my situation, I apparently no longer meet the minimum requirements of having a "DirectX 11 compliant video card".

    My Macbook Pro is mid-2014 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 with a Intel Iris Pro display. I don't know anything about DirectX 11 or how I might be able to meet minimum requirements. Anyone have any suggestions or am I just out-of-luck?
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    Direct X is a Microsoft Windows API and does not apply to OSX at all or Mac's (Bootcamp excepted, but we won't go there). I think you are looking at the wrong set if recommend requirements (Windows) when you need to check the minimum Mac specification necessary.
    Mac/PC EU Server

    Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    Community-Botschafter
    TitanJeff wrote: »
    In my situation, I apparently no longer meet the minimum requirements of having a "DirectX 11 compliant video card".
    As long as you play the game in OS X, DirectX doesn't concern you at all, because it's a Windows-only technology. The Mac client uses OpenGL 4.1 now, which your MBP should support (it's a recent enough model) . Please check out my 64-bit Client FAQ (link below) for further reading on system requirements and recommendations.

  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're not alone. I still have the same issues as the autor of this post :( Pink textures, add ons disappearing... I have "el capitan OS X" by the way.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • TitanJeff
    TitanJeff
    ✭✭
    TitanJeff wrote: »
    In my situation, I apparently no longer meet the minimum requirements of having a "DirectX 11 compliant video card".
    As long as you play the game in OS X, DirectX doesn't concern you at all, because it's a Windows-only technology. The Mac client uses OpenGL 4.1 now, which your MBP should support (it's a recent enough model) . Please check out my 64-bit Client FAQ (link below) for further reading on system requirements and recommendations.

    Now I'm really confused.

    I turned in a ticket on this. Here is the response:

    "Unfortunately, your graphics card does not meet the minimum requirements to play ESO. With the Thieves Guild update, there have been some major changes to ESO's game engine. As a result, the game now makes full use of the minimum requirements. Previously, systems that were under the minimum requirements may have been able to run the game on low settings. Now, all systems must meet the requirements in order to play. These requirements include a DirectX 11 compliant video card.

    I'm also a MAC gamer who has run into issues with my integrated graphics card before, and I know how rage-inducing it can be. I am sorry that I am not able to provide more assistance in this situation, but we cannot fix graphics issues that arise from using unsupported graphics cards."
  • Ethoir
    Ethoir
    ✭✭✭
    TitanJeff wrote: »
    Now I'm really confused.

    I turned in a ticket on this. Here is the response:

    "Unfortunately, your graphics card does not meet the minimum requirements to play ESO. With the Thieves Guild update, there have been some major changes to ESO's game engine. As a result, the game now makes full use of the minimum requirements. Previously, systems that were under the minimum requirements may have been able to run the game on low settings. Now, all systems must meet the requirements in order to play. These requirements include a DirectX 11 compliant video card.

    I'm also a MAC gamer who has run into issues with my integrated graphics card before, and I know how rage-inducing it can be. I am sorry that I am not able to provide more assistance in this situation, but we cannot fix graphics issues that arise from using unsupported graphics cards."

    I think what they are getting at is that while OS X uses OpenGL, the ESO client does a graphics check on your system and compares it to an internal list of video cards/chipsets that are "compatible" with DirectX 11 or OpenGL 4.1. Most modern graphics chipsets and video cards are compatible already and have the benefit of being able to use the most current iteration of OpenGL.

    Now I don't know the specifics for your MacBook, but its either lacking in video memory or you aren't running OpenGL 4.1 (you should have OpenGL 4.4 with an Intel Iris Pro I believe). The Minimum Mac Specs state the following for video cards: NVIDIA GeForce 460 or AMD Radeon 6850 (1 GB of VRAM).

    Your MacBook also needs a minimum of 4 GB of RAM. If your on-board Iris Pro is sharing system RAM like most integrated GPUs do, then that may be why tech support told you you are below minimum spec.
    Edited by Ethoir on May 7, 2016 11:39PM
    Participant in the Sanguine's Tester beta group since November 2013.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    Community-Botschafter
    There's nothing to be confused about; OS X only supports OpenGL (and Metal), DirectX is only supported by Windows. As long as you use OS X, DirectX is irrelevant to you. Check my FAQ to see what system requirements are needed or recommended. According to the Apple compatibility chart linked there, Intel Iris graphics supports OpenGL 4.1, so you're fine. Here's the official system requirements as well.

  • TitanJeff
    TitanJeff
    ✭✭
    I just don't get this stuff. I've read your thread but still don't know where I am lacking or what can be done to correct the matter.

    I certainly don't understand the reply from support.
    Edited by TitanJeff on May 8, 2016 3:43PM
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Son's 2012 Macbook Air wth Intel HD 4000 graphics still runs ESO ok - I can't see why your 2014 Macbook Pro with Iris Pro graphics would have an issue. Have you tried it and found that it doesn't work? If so, what is the problem that you see?

    Edit: Sorry - I see that it "works" but you are having some graphical glitches. I also have some, as I have reported before. Namely, distant objects flash white (almost like lightning) when they seem to switch to different textures for close-up viewing, and contour-map like lines on the landscape. Macbook Pro with Nvidia GT 950M.

    Edited by smacx250 on May 8, 2016 12:26AM
  • TitanJeff
    TitanJeff
    ✭✭
    smacx250 wrote: »
    My Son's 2012 Macbook Air wth Intel HD 4000 graphics still runs ESO ok - I can't see why your 2014 Macbook Pro with Iris Pro graphics would have an issue. Have you tried it and found that it doesn't work? If so, what is the problem that you see?

    Edit: Sorry - I see that it "works" but you are having some graphical glitches. I also have some, as I have reported before. Namely, distant objects flash white (almost like lightning) when they seem to switch to different textures for close-up viewing, and contour-map like lines on the landscape. Macbook Pro with Nvidia GT 950M.
    My mac runs well except for the weird blue stuff.
    Edited by TitanJeff on May 8, 2016 3:45PM
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still getting graphic and buff duration weirdness. As well as addons suddenly disappearing from the addons list. Crashes and when I quit the game it often hangs now and becomes unresponsive so that I have to force quit.

    These things all happen with or without addons, after the game is launched from the Launcher as well as launching the game App directly without using the Launcher. They also happen after I repair, after deleting AddOnSettings.txt, ShaderCache.cooked and UserSettings.txt. Below are a few examples from last night...




    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • tfraley
    tfraley
    I've been on PTS, Keep in mind their are no big zergs and I will say I have not seen anything their.
    Perhaps it's been fix'd there and if not then it's due to something server side and lag..

    But I've spent many hours testing new sets and dualing their and have yet to see a pink texture or anything out of place..

Sign In or Register to comment.