Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Purifying Light (Backlash Morph) - Yay or Nay for PvP?

raasdal
raasdal
✭✭✭✭✭
I am rerolling a Magicka Templar, and have been very curious to see what is possible to do with this skill in PvP.

My tooltip is saying max damage of 20k - which means the potential for burst is extreme. But is it useable in any way?

Does anyone use it in PvP?

Also, how does it handle Crits? If i crit for 10k with a Dark Flare, the Purifying Light will deal app. 3300 Damage based on that. But would that 3300 be able to crit for 5k ?

Does it count only my attacks, or does it also count allies attacks, and attribute the damage done to my skill?

And finally, does it "count" damage done to Shields?
PC - EU
Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • DjKahun
    DjKahun
    ✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    I am rerolling a Magicka Templar, and have been very curious to see what is possible to do with this skill in PvP.

My tooltip is saying max damage of 20k - which means the potential for burst is extreme. But is it useable in any way?

Also, how does it handle Crits? If i crit for 10k with a Dark Flare, the Purifying Light will deal app. 3300 Damage based on that. But would that 3300 be able to crit for 5k ?

Does it count only my attacks, or does it also count allies attacks, and attribute the damage done to my skill?

It's okay for a bit of extra damage if you got a spare slot in your skillbar, I used Power of The Light for a while until I got Caltrops.
    ~ Snowborn ~ Ebonheart Loyals ~
    V16 - Stamina Templar - Nord [PS4-EU][Ebonheart Pact]
    V16 - Magicka Sorcerer - Dark Elf [PS4-EU][Ebonheart Pact]
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As far as I remember it can crit and counts everyone's attacks. I've no idea about using it against shields though.

I sometimes use it in pvp. Not because of the damage, but for the way it does it's damage. If you use that skill on a nb and he becomes invisable, he will be visable again, when the skill deals it's damage.
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »

It's honestly really meh. It CAN crit, but it can not go over it's own damage cap meaning if it crits it does nothing extra usually. To get the full 20k dmg (10k in pvp) you need to output enough dmg over the time limit to hit the 20/10k cap. If you aren't doing enough DPS it will not hit hard at all.
  • phillyboy7897
    phillyboy7897
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes its great for the next month then of is nerfed to the ground for Templar "balancing"
  • DjKahun
    DjKahun
    ✭✭✭
    Yes its great for the next month then of is nerfed to the ground for Templar "balancing"

Templars are unbalanced already they are just making them even worse lol
    ~ Snowborn ~ Ebonheart Loyals ~
    V16 - Stamina Templar - Nord [PS4-EU][Ebonheart Pact]
    V16 - Magicka Sorcerer - Dark Elf [PS4-EU][Ebonheart Pact]
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay in this patch, Nay in the next DLC patch.

The damage per second of the skill might not be the best, but we all know burst kills in PvP, not sustained damage over time.. and in that aspect it has it's uses in PvP.

The PvE-itization of the skill with the Thieves guild DLC is probably going to make it useless for PvP.. you need too much damage pumped into somebody for it to have a decent bang.. but if you dump that much damage into somebody, he's probably dead 5 times over already.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this skill even work? I've used it on every mob in Vahtacen and not one took ANY damage. Nice spotlight though
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's OK imo nothing great. It's got a 6 second duration, slightly longer with the passives. That's 4 light attack animation cancelled puncturing sweeps. 3 dark flares. If some one let's you got them with that then you've got them beat anyway most likely.
  • A1pharius
    A1pharius
    Soul Shriven
    In pvp skill is not working properly, it acts double damage reduction from Battle spirit, and does not cause damage if the target use absorb shields. Finaly they can be cleaned skill like Purge.
    Edited by A1pharius on May 5, 2016 1:56PM