The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Need some help understanding

FlyLeaf30
FlyLeaf30
✭✭✭
Like the title says, I need some help understanding the new VR conversions. I have a VR16 that would be converted to Champion Rank 160 with 440 CP. Then I have a VR2 converted to Champion rank 20 with 440 CP. I get this part, but wouldn't I only be able to wear champion rank 20 gear? Why can I equip champion rank 160 gear when it is converted for VR16(CR160). If anyone can shed some light without criticism I would be most grateful.
Guildmaster of Aldmeri Elite (PVE) and Tamriel Trade Center (Trading)Master Adventurer (main) Kilara Delecour
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both your VR16 and your VR2 will convert to CP440. The max level of gear at the moment is CP160, both your characters will be able to equip it.

EDIT: Probably should add that VR16 gear will convert to CP160 gear, and VR2 gear will convert to CP20 gear - I think perhaps you are getting that conversion muddled up with the character level conversion - both your characters will be the exact same level, but their gear won't all convert to max level.
    Edited by Epona222 on May 4, 2016 11:45AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition to what ^ said, the aim is to reduce the constant levelling through Vet ranks once it's already been done. IMO it's not the best way but I'll take it.
    Options
  • FlyLeaf30
    FlyLeaf30
    ✭✭✭
    So VR2 converted with DB, will it take a long time to still earn CP?
    Guildmaster of Aldmeri Elite (PVE) and Tamriel Trade Center (Trading)Master Adventurer (main) Kilara Delecour
    Options
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you have over 210CPs, max enemy level is 160CP, 10CPs = 1 level, and the current XP earning mechanism of 100% within 5 levels and only 30% of XP greater than 5 levels:

Yes, it'll take longer to gain XP and therefore CPs when DB comes. I'd advise maxing out all skill lines you want on your lower levels before DB comes and then 1-50 on new characters when it comes.

However, as you said you have 440CPs, when DB comes you'll get an extra free 40CPs which means you'll have 480CPs and only be 21CPs off the CP cap.
    Options
  • FlyLeaf30
    FlyLeaf30
    ✭✭✭
    As you have over 210CPs, max enemy level is 160CP, 10CPs = 1 level, and the current XP earning mechanism of 100% within 5 levels and only 30% of XP greater than 5 levels:

Yes, it'll take longer to gain XP and therefore CPs when DB comes. I'd advise maxing out all skill lines you want on your lower levels before DB comes and then 1-50 on new characters when it comes.

However, as you said you have 440CPs, when DB comes you'll get an extra free 40CPs which means you'll have 480CPs and only be 21CPs off the CP cap.

Thanks
    Options