The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MASSIVE input lag and framerate drops since last patch

Surgee
Surgee
✭✭✭✭
As in the title, since the last patch (April 19) the game is basically unplayable. Input lag in most cities is horrendous and framerate drops to single digits. Tested on 2 xbox ones. Anyone else noticed this problem?
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm running around in Bangkorai right now and definitely noticing framerate drop in even low populated areas.
  • Omgwtfbbq321
    Omgwtfbbq321
    ✭✭✭
    Since the Thieves Guild update the game has become borderline unplayable. There is a constant drop in frame rate and random pauses, even when in empty PVE zones. Cyrodiil is unplayable, even empty servers at night feel like a pop-locked server in prime time. There is also a constant delay on input, sometimes spiking to 3-4 seconds.

Things I have tried for a fix:
    1. Complete factory reset of XBOX ONE and re-install of the game (Downloaded from the XBOX Live Store).
    2. Port-forwarded my XBOX.
    3. Upgraded my internet from 4mbps down/1mbps up to 50mbps dow/20mbps up.
    4. Replaced my CAT6 cable running directly from the modem to the XBOX.
    5. Turning off in game effects and damage counters.

I honestly have no idea what to do. I am an Australian so a bit of lag is expected, but none of my other Australian guildies have this issue and my XBOX plays other games just fine.

I am on the North American severer.
    Any suggestions?
    My ping is higher than your resource recovery...
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Currently noticing it today in TG areas. However I'm experiencing it everywhere else too.
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since the Thieves Guild update the game has become borderline unplayable. There is a constant drop in frame rate and random pauses, even when in empty PVE zones. Cyrodiil is unplayable, even empty servers at night feel like a pop-locked server in prime time. There is also a constant delay on input, sometimes spiking to 3-4 seconds.

Things I have tried for a fix:
    1. Complete factory reset of XBOX ONE and re-install of the game (Downloaded from the XBOX Live Store).
    2. Port-forwarded my XBOX.
    3. Upgraded my internet from 4mbps down/1mbps up to 50mbps dow/20mbps up.
    4. Replaced my CAT6 cable running directly from the modem to the XBOX.
    5. Turning off in game effects and damage counters.

I honestly have no idea what to do. I am an Australian so a bit of lag is expected, but none of my other Australian guildies have this issue and my XBOX plays other games just fine.

I am on the North American severer.
    Any suggestions?

Maybe your guildies aren't sensitive to lag. I've tested the game on 2 different xbox ones in my house (one of them is brand new, loading games faster than the old one) and issue is exactly the same. Input lag is the worst thing ever because it often prevents my character from casting skills. This morning, I've tested the game on my brothers xbox one. He lives in different city and has 100/100 fiber optic conneciton. No change, the problem is still there.

Zenimax, please release some hotfix. Don't make us wait till DB.
    Edited by Surgee on April 22, 2016 2:36PM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Still noticing it. Keeping this thread at top.
  • lasersharks10
    lasersharks10
    Soul Shriven
    Horrible lag everywhere. Any form of combat makes the issue even worse.

• A5ko
    A5ko
    ✭✭✭
    Same on XBONE (EU).

Maelstrom Arena crashes at least once or twice. Some zones within the arena are borderline unplayable with such a low frame rate.

Completely unacceptable performance.
    A5ko ▪ High Elf ▪ Sorcerer ▪ Aldmeri Dominion ▪ XBOX One ▪ EU Megaserver

• heyewe
    heyewe
    ✭✭✭
    Just to add, I noticed huge frame rate lag in the areas of Riften, Abahs Landing and Wrothgar yesterday. I decided to try and go to some lower, less populated areas (even though it wasn't prime time) and still had jittery character "skipping" in the areas of Reapers March and Auridon.

Xbox chat crashed three times (a few of us have been using that instead of group chat because of the glitch with getting bounced out of chat every time you went through a door/teleported in-game) so I started to wonder if perhaps it was a Xbox one issue contributing to it?

Game crashed for me twice after logging on in the morning...and three times last night. Once, after getting disconnected and going all the way back to the Zenimax loading screen-I loaded my character and came back dead! Lol not a fresh restart. Weird.
    Nevertheless...the lag and skipping is physically nauseating. I sincerely hope they see it and are able to hot-fix it!
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    heyewe wrote: »
    Just to add, I noticed huge frame rate lag in the areas of Riften, Abahs Landing and Wrothgar yesterday. I decided to try and go to some lower, less populated areas (even though it wasn't prime time) and still had jittery character "skipping" in the areas of Reapers March and Auridon.

Xbox chat crashed three times (a few of us have been using that instead of group chat because of the glitch with getting bounced out of chat every time you went through a door/teleported in-game) so I started to wonder if perhaps it was a Xbox one issue contributing to it?

Game crashed for me twice after logging on in the morning...and three times last night. Once, after getting disconnected and going all the way back to the Zenimax loading screen-I loaded my character and came back dead! Lol not a fresh restart. Weird.
    Nevertheless...the lag and skipping is physically nauseating. I sincerely hope they see it and are able to hot-fix it!

Same here, two crashes yesterday. Also, when it started raining in Riften I thought my xbox is gonna fry. I had atleast 1 second input lag and awful framerate. Abahs Landing was even worse...often it takes 3 or so seconds to load the damn stairs while I'm already on them ( awful 1 polygon ramp) same with wall textures and detailed structures. Looked like ps1 game. Funny thing is, I didn't have this issues before the patch, now me and my friends have it. HOT FIX ZENIMAX, PLEASE.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I read somewhere that if you snap an app like pandora, it actually improves framerate. Tried it and I noticed a difference.
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    FFS Zenimax!! What's going on?? I just got 7 crashes in 10 minutes!!! This is ridiculous...not only that but in dungeon with 2 other players, we were all getting single digit FPS! This all since last patch in EVERY MAP!
    Just when I me and my wife finally became a subscribers...this all happens and no response from Zenimax. Game is unplayable. First and last time I subscribed.

Sure XBL servers have issues right now, but awful framerate and input lag have nothing to do with it.
    Edited by Surgee on April 24, 2016 9:07PM
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make it 12 times in 14 minutes. An improvement!
  • AtraisMachina
    AtraisMachina
    ✭✭✭
    vMSA is a freakin f*** its SSSSOOOOOO LAAAGGGGYYY FIX THIS CRAP
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does Zenimax every reply to technical issues? Framerate and input lag makes the game unplayable. Had a perfectly steady 30 fps before previous "hotfix"
  • x5ofspadez
    x5ofspadez
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

We havent heard anything from ZOS yet about this. Is there any acknowledgement of these issues? Is the Dev team aware? Is there any plan for a relatively prompt fix?

Thanks
    XBOX NA EP Knights of Athena
    Marijan V16 Magicka Templar
    Sloba V16 Magicka Nightblade
    Danica V16 Magicka Sorc (AD)
    Dat Lady V7 Stamina Sorc
    Radvan V3 Stamplar
    Grobari V1 Magicka DK
    Zeljiko V1 Magicka Nightblade
    Ganks-From-Shadows L20 Magicka Nightblade BwB

PC NA DC Wings of Fate
    Arienne L'Mortelle V7 Magicka Nightblade
  • jcjones12
    jcjones12
    I haven't seen a dev or mod in these parts of the forum for awhile. too bad as they are actively responding on the PC side of things regarding the recent fps issues.
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Went into a dungeon in 4 man group yesterday. We were all getting like 10 FPS without any battle going on. Due to input lag with this low framerate console wasn't registering me trying to activate skills..worked only half the time....wish the game would work as well as at launch. Now me and my wife are considering quitting because of it. No fun at all.
  • CompactVirus
    Snap. All ZOS are interested in is gaining new players and as a result don't care about existing ones. I can sort of understand lag in Cyrodiil and other densely populated areas but for single player content such as maelstrom? And to top it all off you have some sort of policy of NEVER SPEAKING TO CONCERNED PLAYERS hence all the threads made! Do I even see a reply? Do I hell.

Seriously ZOS you are actually a massive joke of a company.. I loved this game, it was the best MMO I've played for a long while but you have ruined it for me and many many others. Congratulations you are very close to loosing another paying player but why would that bother you. £8.99 per month since release date is nothing compared to £50 in one go is it?

Will you reply? Nah.. I don't even know why I bothered wasting my time writing this.
    Edited by CompactVirus on April 28, 2016 4:40PM
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny enough, admin
    Snap. All ZOS are interested in is gaining new players and as a result don't care about existing ones. I can sort of understand lag in Cyrodiil and other densely populated areas but for single player content such as maelstrom? And to top it all off you have some sort of policy of NEVER SPEAKING TO CONCERNED PLAYERS hence all the threads made! Do I even see a reply? Do I hell.

Seriously ZOS you are actually a massive joke of a company.. I loved this game, it was the best MMO I've played for a long while but you have ruined it for me and many many others. Congratulations you are very close to loosing another paying player but why would that bother you. £8.99 per month since release date is nothing compared to £50 in one go is it?

Will you reply? Nah.. I don't even know why I bothered wasting my time writing this.

Funny enough admin replied right away on a topic "eso plus cancelled out of nowhere" yet no one to atleast let us know that they're aware of the problem and are trying to fix it. ZOS, in case you're thinking it's about XBL servers, IT'S NOT! It's the framerate followed by input lag since last update (which had in notes"better performance"LOL!).
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like any ZOS staff member to go to Maelstrom Arena and describe us your experience there. At 2nd arena I was afraid for my Xbox and had to turn it off. I was getting no more than 5 fps and Xbox was overheating. Tell me how XO can't handle a small solo location? Honestly, I think I need to find a way to report ESO to MS as dangerous because it can fry the console. At the current state this game should be taken down from marketplace. How the hell the patch got through quality check is beyond me.
    Edited by Surgee on April 29, 2016 9:43PM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is why I stopped playing neverwinter online and if it's not fixed I'll stop playing elder scrolls online...this was not present prior to TG DLC so please look into this.
  • AtraisMachina
    AtraisMachina
    ✭✭✭
    Yeap! Glad im not the only one. Vma, vwgt, and today i was in vcoa and my very experienced grouo couldnt even get passed the maw purely because of hiw unbelievably laggy it was. Please acknowlegde that ur aware and workin to fix this. Its pretty much cyrodill everywhere since the second patch after tg dropped.
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we should just make a new topic for every area where FPS drops below 20 (that means every single area in game). Maybe then ZOS will notice.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Been posting in this thread for awhile now. I'm genuinely surprised that there is no response from Zenimax. An acknowledgment at a minimum would be great.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno please take the time to acknowledge this issue
  • Omgwtfbbq321
    Omgwtfbbq321
    ✭✭✭
    Damn, still no reply,

I am getting bored of walking around PVEing my alts up because that's all I can do when the game has such a shocking frame rate.

No point in trying anything challenging if I can turn the camera and let go of the joystick before it reacts.

Very disappointed.
    My ping is higher than your resource recovery...
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_DaryaK

Seen your name in another xbox thread. Maybe this is something you can look into?
  • jcjones12
    jcjones12
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks man!
  • Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh well, he just confirmed we need to wait till JUNE 14th for possible fix. that's almost one and half month. Great.