The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

interresting: Elloa on removal of the veteran ranks :)

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    altemriel wrote: »
    but the best thing that she is saying, that the level progression is going to be connected to your account, not character, so all your alts will be buffed up to your main character, that is pretty good. as soon as they reach cp 50, they will be buffed up to the main character, good :), they would be able to share gear and play to gether as in pvp, so in pve content.

I think will eventually prove to be a bad thing for eso and will shorten the total amount of time players spend in ESO.

The lack of progression will lead to bored players.

Flocks of people left ESO the moment they hit V1. Why? Because the grind was atrocious, and they had thought they would be "Max Level".

With VR going away people can actually make new endgame characters AND play with them.

Believe me, the removal of Vet Ranks is a very good thing for ESO, whether or not you specifically like.
    Edited by Vaoh on May 1, 2016 4:37PM
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but the best thing that she is saying, that the level progression is going to be connected to your account, not character, so all your alts will be buffed up to your main character, that is pretty good. as soon as they reach cp 50, they will be buffed up to the main character, good :), they would be able to share gear and play to gether as in pvp, so in pve content.

The thing is CP isn't making your stronger. I fear that so many are confusing "stronger" with effective. CP's make you effective.

Stat and skill points as well as skill ranks and unlocks to morphs make you stronger. Doing more skills quests can make you stronger. CP...if I put 100 point in key Passives, I becomes focused or more effective but not stronger.

I can use CP to do more %of damage or Frits and stuff but that's like going from green or blue gear to yellow.
    Stronger and better is when my stats increase so that my magic, health and stamina increase. If I'm still able to be 1-shot or cast an effect that drains my magica and I only have X amount.....regardless of how much more effective I am, I still fail.

So other than the few CP's most aren't making us stronger overall like VR level did. Gain level and base stats go up and u get a stat point to add vs passive increases on a diminishing return.

Not saying it's bad but I'm saying using Cp to defermine if you're progressing is going to end up being worse than VR cause you can't scale ppl based on Cp. you can't determine if someone can do content based on the number of CPs.

Maybe it's why the cap hasn't changed cause someone with ZOS realizes they have a mess and didn't remove the VRs which needs to happen before trying to move progression to any other system.

You do know that CP increase your health, stamina and magicka too right ?
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It remains to be seen for me.
    If CS is just a 10:1 replacement of Vet......then the whole exercise was a waste of time.
    ie 1000s of wasted man hours that could have been spent on content, performance and bug fixing.
    If it was to remove vertical progressions (power/grind) and create horizontal progression (options/variety) then all is well and good.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on May 1, 2016 4:50PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭

The thing is CP isn't making your stronger. I fear that so many are confusing "stronger" with effective. CP's make you effective.

Stat and skill points as well as skill ranks and unlocks to morphs make you stronger. Doing more skills quests can make you stronger. CP...if I put 100 point in key Passives, I becomes focused or more effective but not stronger.

I can use CP to do more %of damage or Frits and stuff but that's like going from green or blue gear to yellow.
    Stronger and better is when my stats increase so that my magic, health and stamina increase. If I'm still able to be 1-shot or cast an effect that drains my magica and I only have X amount.....regardless of how much more effective I am, I still fail.

So other than the few CP's most aren't making us stronger overall like VR level did. Gain level and base stats go up and u get a stat point to add vs passive increases on a diminishing return.

Not saying it's bad but I'm saying using Cp to defermine if you're progressing is going to end up being worse than VR cause you can't scale ppl based on Cp. you can't determine if someone can do content based on the number of CPs.

Maybe it's why the cap hasn't changed cause someone with ZOS realizes they have a mess and didn't remove the VRs which needs to happen before trying to move progression to any other system.

whats the different between vet and vet removed?
    vet not even removed, they are change into the CP system, VR 10 = CP100...
    CP not make you stronger?, so does vet system, why vet make you stronger?, the equip will scale to your CP anyway rather than the old VR level, LF VR16 for gold plede?, just simply LF CP160 gold pledge, theres no difference whatsoever, it still make you "stronger" if you will

as for stats point, because they already confirmed that the skill point will be the same, only distributed different way from level 1 - 50 to make it equal , and for the skill point....well no one really force you to stop doing cadwell, if you want to earn those SP then go doing cadwell all over again
    Edited by Solid_Metal on May 1, 2016 5:20PM
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Repeated levelling doing the same (too easy) stuff over and over in landscapes where you end up knowing every stone, that's boring too.

Abeille wrote: »
    That is not entirely true if you want all skills ready for full PvP power you'll still have quite a bit of PvE grind to do. Not half as much as with VR though.

I think this is a good thing. It severely reduces the need to grind, but it doesn't completely eliminates individual character progression.

Well, yes but no.
    Each player has his/her personal reasons to roll an alt, but I assume the least common one is to change the hair color, and the most common one is to try a new class / build. With that purpose, "progression" is to learn new skills, new combos, how to optimize new passives, setup and practice new rotations. For that you need to test in different environments where the mobs actually stand up longer than 2 light attacks. That means Craglorn, Cyrodiil, or scaled places. Collecting lorebooks, skyshards, doing story quests for skill points and destroying dark anchors : none of this will teach you how to play your new character. It's not "progression". Only the undaunted skill line and dungeons will teach you something while levelling.
    IMO skill points and guild skill lines should also be unlocked account-wide, in order for the system to be consistent.

• Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    But they're not going away, they're just being renamed into a new convoluted system that also happens to raise the base cost of everything across the board by 16% and nerfing your future 50+ characters when they start Cadwell Silver.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to see this. When I try to point it out people say I'm just being negative but as I see it Zenimax has done nothing to change things but is instead playing the old shell game with names to pacify people.

You mean its fair because we're gaining something AND losing something? Man....What charlatans ZOS is for that. I mean......the cake is a lie amirite?
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Repeated levelling doing the same (too easy) stuff over and over in landscapes where you end up knowing every stone, that's boring too.

Abeille wrote: »
    That is not entirely true if you want all skills ready for full PvP power you'll still have quite a bit of PvE grind to do. Not half as much as with VR though.

I think this is a good thing. It severely reduces the need to grind, but it doesn't completely eliminates individual character progression.

Well, yes but no.
    Each player has his/her personal reasons to roll an alt, but I assume the least common one is to change the hair color, and the most common one is to try a new class / build. With that purpose, "progression" is to learn new skills, new combos, how to optimize new passives, setup and practice new rotations. For that you need to test in different environments where the mobs actually stand up longer than 2 light attacks. That means Craglorn, Cyrodiil, or scaled places. Collecting lorebooks, skyshards, doing story quests for skill points and destroying dark anchors : none of this will teach you how to play your new character. It's not "progression". Only the undaunted skill line and dungeons will teach you something while levelling.
    IMO skill points and guild skill lines should also be unlocked account-wide, in order for the system to be consistent.

You are thinking of player training as progression, and not of individual character progression as progression. I suppose it is a way of seeing it, but it is certainly not the only (or the most common) way.

Your character getting the skills they need for their build and leveling them up is individual character progression. So is grinding to VR16. They are taking a big part of individual character progression by removing the Veteran Ranks, but since they are not making skill points and guild skill lines account wide, they are leaving some individual character progression.

Edited many times because I kept messing up the quotes.
    Edited by Abeille on May 1, 2016 5:03PM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Am I the only person that sees there is no difference here? They are just adding a 0 (zero) to the end of Vet Ranks...

Bait and switch guys.

VR16 now equals CP160
    VR15 = CP150
    VR14 = CP140
    VR13 = CP130
    etc etc etc

Only now we can have CP3600 which equals VR360!!!!! WOOOHOOOO jokes on all of us suckers :p

That being said I have no problem with this whatsoever, I love virtually unlimited character progression. Nothing makes me happier!

Edit: and of course the big dif is that CP's are shared account wide so no more extra grind after an alt reaches 50, that's the real change.

What I really want more than anything is zone scaling, whether every zone is treated exactly llike our DLC's or we have some kind of power reduction when entering old zones (exp GW2 SWTOR) I want to be able to go anywhere in Tamriel and not be 'wasting' time/exp.
    Edited by nimander99 on May 1, 2016 5:11PM
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have mixed feelings . I wish they never made vet ranks in the first place but since they have , I feel like I worked hard to make max level . Now that achievement is being removed or changed to a different system , how ever you want to perceive it . It will help with making alternate characters though . Like I said , mixed emotions .
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »

I think will eventually prove to be a bad thing for eso and will shorten the total amount of time players spend in ESO.

Flocks of people left ESO the moment they hit V1. Why? Because the grind was atrocious, and they had thought they would be "Max Level".

With VR going away people can actually make new endgame characters AND play with them.

Believe me, the removal of Vet Ranks is a very good thing for ESO, whether or not you specifically like.

It will appear to immediately be a good thing @Doncellius , but it will be for the short term (in terms of MMO timelines). In the long term, we will see players who enjoy progression get bored and players who cried that they didn't like VR ranks start to complain about not wanting to level their characters 1-50 anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised of what @anitajoneb17_ESO mentioned is the direction this is going to go.

What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will appear to immediately be a good thing @Doncellius , but it will be for the short term (in terms of MMO timelines). In the long term, we will see players who enjoy progression get bored and players who cried that they didn't like VR ranks start to complain about not wanting to level their characters 1-50 anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised of what @anitajoneb17_ESO mentioned is the direction this is going to go.

LOL ! Yes if you stretch the concept it's hard to draw the line :wink: let's stretch further...

If you make 1-50, CP ranks and skyshard/lorebooks etc... account wide... then... your char is all ready upon creation ! which make barbershop / class change / race change (not sure those have been confirmed) useless :D

I don't know which of us is right since we don't have a crystal ball to read the future. VR removal sure is a convenience for players, but yes, it creates a distortion between player progression and individual character progression. Still IMHO the latter is more RP-related, and if that's important to RPers, they can still play through Cadwell's Gold and Silver, they're not dead or closed.

• Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The progression went from 1-VR10 to 1 to CP501. It's much longer than when the game launched.

The biggest mistake they made for longevity was allowing you to go over the 501 cap. There will be nothing to work for for players that are at say 600 or so if they increase the cap. They hit the new cap instantly.

It's like WoW allowing people to pre level for an expansion, so they are the new max level as soon as its out. It would never happen because it's dumb.
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guppet wrote: »

The progression went from 1-VR10 to 1 to CP501. It's much longer than when the game launched.

The biggest mistake they made for longevity was allowing you to go over the 501 cap. There will be nothing to work for for players that are at say 600 or so if they increase the cap. They hit the new cap instantly.

It's like WoW allowing people to pre level for an expansion, so they are the new max level as soon as its out. It would never happen because it's dumb.

You do know wow allow you to have a pre levelled max character if you buy an expansion
  • Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    ✭✭✭
    WOW didn't realize so many people had every Achievement in the game and the only thing that gave people something to do was Veteran Ranks.
    Edited by Enraged_Tiki_Torch on May 1, 2016 6:06PM
    My solution to Champion Point System here
  • Guppet
    Guppet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffler wrote: »
    Guppet wrote: »

You do know wow allow you to have a pre levelled max character if you buy an expansion

Not for the new max level of the new expansion. It's the max level of the old one. You still have to level through the level range of the new content.
  • Kalifas
    Kalifas
    ✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Lysette wrote: »

They are bored anyway, this run to end game is just weird IMO - ESO is not the kind of game made to reach end game in a hurry, but the way to it is the content. Once you are on top, you can enjoy the other alliance areas and do some pvp, but if that is boring you - well, then it is time to leave - end game is end of game in ESO - it is not the normal type of MMO, where you rush to an endgame and the rest of the game is just to level up - this "rest" is the actual content, which will be expanded over the years to come. Maybe with one or the other group content for end level players, but this is not the main thing of ESO.

Edit: you are mistaken, when you expect a gaming company to use months and months of development to create content for those, who burn through it in just days and are bored after a week or two with it. They would be silly, to create stuff for this group, because they are an annoyance and will not be their main income source (they were, but they will not be) and on top of it poison the community with their permanent complains.

It's funny because this happens in almost EVERY MMO. Players will jump on a new DLC, run it non-stop for a week or two, then complain that they 'have nothing to do'. Yet, a DLC isn't meant to be played non-stop, there is only so much content a DLC can provide, and if a player chooses to play it non-stop, that is THEIR problem, not the developers. People complain about repetitious 'daily' quests, etc., but that is the only way they can keep the DLC relevant after people finish the main storyline. What other type of content can they add that would require three months to finish, until the next DLC? Even then, players would burn through it in a month and then back to complaining.
    I am enjoying myself in ESO currently but just wanted to chime in on some stuff.An account wide system is normally good for a game:

* Built around alts, which to say is a game that makes you create different characters to experience one of 8-40 job classes.
    * A game that has lots of Rites of Passages per character(trial unlocks to earn mounts, race specific gear, class specific gear, break level cap,unique trials for questing for skills and traits, quests for unlocking new jobs,etc).
    * Personal story per character and not a global shared story line.

Here in ESO up to level 50, I think there is not as much grind as people think. We have 4 starting classes, 3 nation story, we can experience different builds by equipping different gear, skill selection, and morphs.The most reason we have to rolls alts is to roleplay, look different, play with a few race passive differences as far as I can tell.

I can't say lack of progression will leave me bored before that happens. But I could see myself being bored if the journey was my main sense of enjoyment, account wide CP with no VR might take that away from me because I no longer have the option from the larger pool to make 3-4 characters more powerful through earning it in specific content on a specific class.

Content does not have to be lean and fast. Content does not have to be done in two weeks or three months. That is just the way it is built on most modern mmos. So I just enjoy games for what they are currently, unsub when I get bored, and re-sub if I get the urge to try out new content.

I don't think it's funny. DLC or expansions can be played non-stop If it was designed that way.If you design your content to be played through in one or two weeks then if people leave because there is nothing to do. I think that was by design? That type of game is built for players who play a bunch of different games then come back when something good comes out, rinse and repeat. That doesn't make an mmo company the devil, they are just catering to an audience they want and it is not inherently worse than the other option.

I enjoy the modern mmos(GW2,ESO,FFXIV) as well as the old school mmos(EQ,FFXI,DAOC). In older mmos it took me about a month or two get a max level character, but took some people with less time up to a whole year. I was experiencing joy the whole time being challenged in progressing my character going through emotions of profound giddiness and utter anger. There was this one DLC called Chains Of Promathia, it was level synced and know for being punishing. This DLC granted access to new endgame content/awesome ring and had a tiny completion rate. I managed to serge the content no matter how pissed off I got at times but when completion came, I felt an immense feeling of progression. I know a few people who never got passed the DLC until it was nerfed years later. So I get why mmos are moving away from that.

I know content can be developed that last much longer than a few months because I have experienced it as a hardcore and a casual. I doubt most players would be into seeing stuff like that in ESO.

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Abyssea

An Avid fan of Elder Scrolls Online. Check out my Concepts Repository!
  • KanedaSyndrome
    KanedaSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭

Agreed. I just finished my first v16 char, and what a grind. I've been here since beta, and yet it took me 2 years to complete a vet16 char (did reroll once after having reached v10 on another char). We have one thing left though, skill points, people still have to go get those somehow.
    KanedaSyndrome's Suggestions For Game Improvements
    The Fortuitous Collapse of the Wave Equation
    The Best Plans Require No Action
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

In my case, at least, I would never get bored from leveling fast - it's more boring to level slowly, because I'm waiting so long to start playing the fun part of the game. ESO players are not a homogenous group at all - people like the game for different reasons and enjoy totally different activities.

There are the completionists who derive a lot of enjoyment from doing every quest in the game, in a linear order at a pace where your level matches the mobs, then move to next zone, etc. There are others for whom the most fun part of the game is buying and selling on guild traders and amassing large hoards of gold.

There are also many for whom the entire leveling process, from start to V16 is like a tiresome prelude for when you can actually start playing the "real game," whether that means endgame PVP, veteran dungeons or trials, etc. There are even quite a few ESO players for whom the entire game is Blackwater Blade non-veteran PVP - make a character, grind it up to 20 or 30, hop in Cyrodiil and then delete the character at V1 since it can no longer enter the campaign.

Also, the way people play the game changes over time. Usually after people have leveled a couple characters to V16, they would prefer it were faster for their third, fourth or fifth characters.

I've been playing ESO for about 3 years. During the beta, I did some quests and exploration, but on the live server since launch, I've leveled characters exclusively either in Cyrodiil or grinding. I have consistently tried to avoid quests and PVE as much as possible, only going back for skyshards and skill points after I reach V16.

When I started, I approached ESO the same way I played Skyrim, just wandering around the world exploring, and had no interest in leveling fast, or even any plans to ever reach max level. In single player TES games, I would usually retire a character whenever the game got to be too easy at around level 30 or so and simply start over with a different play style. During the entire several months of beta, I don't think I even saved up enough gold to buy a horse - only got a horse toward the end when they gave everyone a free Imperial horse for testing purposes.

At some point, they asked everyone to go to Cyrodiil so they could record a large battle for a trailer video. I was blown away by how much fun it was. It was more of a sandbox environment, where anything can happen. You could be doing a quest and find enemy players inside a little house, for example. Even though I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, I still managed to kill a couple players with siege.

After that, I wanted to improve, to be a little more competitive in PVP. Started to learn more about the complex math behind the game, and discovered it is also a lot of fun just comparing all the sets and figuring out an interesting build. My focus completely changed and from that point, I was primarily interested in the Alliance War side of the game.

Leveling in PVP at launch was excruciatingly slow. It took 8 months to level two characters from 10 up to mid veteran ranks this way. After that I realized how much faster grinding is, and now that's the only way I would consider leveling any character. Grinding is the fastest way to level, but it's still too slow for me, especially when you reach the veteran ranks. As a result, I ended up with 6 characters ranging from V1 to V10 and just gave up on them.

Now I'm eagerly awaiting the DB patch, so I can finally start playing all these characters (and equip all the V16 gear sitting in my bank).

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on May 1, 2016 6:53PM
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WOW didn't realize so many people had every Achievement in the game and the only thing that gave people something to do was Veteran Ranks.

If the achievements actually had a purpose your comment might make sense. Collecting worthless achievement points isn't progression.
    PC/EU DC
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

But the 15 skill pts and/or atts from vr2-16 are either being rolled into lvls 4-50 or given in 10cp achievements, have seen both referenced. So the power gian is either there or will be gained by gaining cp.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see where you are going with this, but the situation is simply different.

Skillpoints, skill lines, etc, are all part of an individual character based on achievement and making sense in how the game functions. Obviously it will not go down this route.

Vet Ranks artificially stretched the XP it takes for a single character to be at "Max" level, even further stretched by the constant increase in "Max" level per major patch. Because of this, most every player (including myself) stuck to a single Main character due to the grind to get a single alt to V16 being so unbelievably tedious. All of my alts are between lvl 15-V7.

With this change, you can play the normal lvl1-50 and have your new character/playstyle ready in no time. It allows everyone to create more characters and realistically level them up to max level so they can enjoy them.

Like I said before, TONS of people left the game after seeing the XP needed to have a max level character about a month after console launched. I almost left as well. Sorta explains how the guilds I joined had 500 members, yet dropped from 200+ online at a time to a maximum of 2 at a time (including myself). All five of my guilds were like that, and I heard similar reports from friends. This is highly due to Vet Ranks.

You had PC transfers w/ 500-800 CP and full legendary V14 gear wreaking havoc in PvP, amongst players who not only had 0CP, but terrible non-set gear with no experience/knowledge of the game or scaling to have close to max level stats.

Vet Ranks just tie into making the time investment needed to have high CP/multiple "Max" level characters much higher.

Instead of players with tons of time-invested have tons of CP and multiple V16s, now practically everyone can enjoy have higher CP and multiple maxed characters.

The 0.00000001% or whatever it is of players who have 501+ CP will have put in so much time that they will not leave because of a change like this.

TLDR: C'mon man, it's a great change. Don't be a downer about a great change.
  • Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    ✭✭✭
    Typhoios wrote: »

If the achievements actually had a purpose your comment might make sense. Collecting worthless achievement points isn't progression.

Ahh Dyes, Titles, and Bragging Rights. Don't think of them as Achievement Points, think of them as "I was able to complete VMA without dying", or "I was able to get Grand Overlord", or "I completed Veteran VMoL". This is progression in an MMO cause nobody gives a crap about your worthless Veteran Rank.

If it's the level process you care so much about, the Champion Point system is 100x more of a grind than Veteran Ranks.

So unless you have 501+ CP and done everything in the game, you still have something to progress towards.

Edited by Enraged_Tiki_Torch on May 1, 2016 8:09PM
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now this would be bad, really bad - why would I even want to replay the content, when I will have all from the very beginning. There is no point in doing this. There is no individuality left for a character, other than his/her looks. To make morale decisions comes often with disadvantages in regards to personal gain. Nevertheless a moral person will make these decisions. This might come even at the price of missing out on skill points in refused quests. I do not want my characters to be all the same - they have their individual story and they decide differently from each other, what they do and what they don't and live with the consequences of their decisions. From a role play perspective I am against to homogenize this even more.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »

Now this would be bad, really bad - why would I even want to replay the content, when I will have all from the very beginning. There is no point in doing this. There is no individuality left for a character, other than his/her looks. To make morale decisions comes often with disadvantages in regards to personal gain. Nevertheless a moral person will make these decisions. This might come even at the price of missing out on skill points in refused quests. I do not want my characters to be all the same - they have their individual story and they decide differently from each other, what they do and what they don't and live with the consequences of their decisions. From a role play perspective I am against to homogenize this even more.

I'm with you 100% @Lysette. I hate what we already have shared between characters. It makes no sense in the context of my character.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ahh Dyes, Titles, and Bragging Rights. Don't think of them as Achievement Points, think of them as "I was able to complete VMA without dying", or "I was able to get Grand Overlord", or "I completed Veteran VMoL". This is progression in an MMO cause nobody gives a crap about your worthless Veteran Rank.

If it's the level process you care so much about, the Champion Point system is 100x more of a grind than Veteran Ranks.

So unless you have 501+ CP and done everything in the game, you still have something to progress towards.

I never thought anyone cared about my veteren rank, so I'm not really sure where that came from. I don't need bragging rights. I just want to be able to constantly improve my character. I can't though, because ZOS won't raise the cp cap. I know I still have stuff to accomplish in the game, but none of it is going to progress my characters. Their stats and skills are going to be very much the same. People can complain about there not being progression without having unlocked every possible achievement in the game. Achievements, by the way, that add no numerical value to your character.
    PC/EU DC
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I never thought anyone cared about my veteren rank, so I'm not really sure where that came from. I don't need bragging rights. I just want to be able to constantly improve my character. I can't though, because ZOS won't raise the cp cap. I know I still have stuff to accomplish in the game, but none of it is going to progress my characters. Their stats and skills are going to be very much the same. People can complain about there not being progression without having unlocked every possible achievement in the game. Achievements, by the way, that add no numerical value to your character.

Let's say there were no CP system at all. When you level all your characters to highest veteran rank, then what would you do, stop playing at that point?

For some of us, the game is just getting started when we reach max level.
  • Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    ✭✭✭

Well that is where you are in the game then. Once you have maxed out the numerical bonuses you can acquire. That is when you go for those hard to get Achievements. Like Icy said, that is where a whole new level of gameplay starts. Until you max those can you say you have nowhere to go, and Veteran Levels played no part in that. As far as the CP cap getting raised, I agree with ya there. I am at 300ish and I still think they should raise it, even if it's 51 like they said.

Edited by Enraged_Tiki_Torch on May 1, 2016 11:45PM