The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Formal Apology to the Duel

• Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that there ne
    Krist wrote: »
    YOU are NOT Krist, I AM.

I have been for over two decades. :/

NO ONE knew the name ... some pronounced it Christ (totally ridiculous) yet I stuck with it, made it a household name (maybe I am exaggerating that part) and am clearly Krist with nothing after or before my name (<---see avatar that way).
    You were right. I was wrong. I will be succinct.
    My name is Krist, and I was a griefer.

Now no one can believe your griefing apology because *counts* 14 words into your apology you are already lying! You are "For The Love of Krist", probably a fan or something....I no doubt have them...though honestly I do nothing spectacular but I must assume .......

Anyway, I await the awkward apology for abusing my name that surely must come. You may do things out of love for me, but be sure they are good and noble, and you do not say you are me.

I've been referred to as Krist since 1991, @Krist. Got you beat. Sorry. ;)

Wow, we are actually right about the same time then. I came up with Krist because I wanted something similar to Kris, and I figured add a "t" at the end and got Krist to make it a little different.
    "Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • Frenkthevile
    Frenkthevile
    ✭✭✭✭
    We need arena PvP along with bystander spots and a betting system.

YEP
  • Frawr
    Frawr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Attacking another player in an open PvP zone isn't "griefing" it's playing the game as intended.

What you say is true but I find it interesting that you still feel the need to post in here, as though somehow you can re-validate your own method of play.

There are a lot of people in this game who seem to get cheap thrills through massively un-even fights. Their fragile egos depend upon their ability to 'win' while ignoring the fact that they only won at all due to the other person being severely handicapped. This ego-driven mentality does nothing but harm to the community.

The op has written a very positive post about learning something new and that is cool. Maybe one day, you might also have a similar experience.
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My name is Krist, and I was a griefer. I hated duelers in IC and Cyro. I would break them up repeatedly whenever I encountered them. What I didn't realize is... I was the d***. I griefed for the reason most people hate things: ignorance. The best treatment for ignorance is always experience.

So I ran into a yellow enemy in IC yesterday night, he hit me once, I hit him once, and then we stared at each other for a sec. We dueled repeatedly for about 45 minutes. It was some of the most fun I have had in this game, and I mean by a long shot.

So my hat is off in apologies to anyone I ever offended with my ignorant behavior. Dueling is a s***ton of fun. And it really should be part of the game in some fashion. My only regret is that I could not realize it without experiencing it. However, I think I'll be more open to different types of gameplay from here on out. So that's a win.

Seriously, holy **** was it entertaining. Even to watch others duel. But don't worry, I'm getting my deserved grief from others who break up duels. Goes around...comes around.

Sincerely,
    FortheloveofKrist

You sir, are a better person than most, my hat is off to you for having the courage and honor to apologize
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you never dueled in an MMO before? It's not that big of a deal, to be honest... this has happened in this genre since as long as it's been around. I can see the appeal of it but I think you're making it sound way more subversive and cool than it actually is.

i think its more of a communal experiance for this game

knowing that everyone on either side can be attacked at any time, yet they do not, instead content to watch duel after duel in peace without zerging each other

this is a communal experiance and always leaves a warm feeling, you feel as though everyone there is truly, truly, there just to have fun and enjoy each other's company as they watch the duel

when its broken up by other players? its annoying, and reminds you that there are those out there that care nothing for the community taking part in the event, instead only wishing ill upon the fun the others are having

its how it feels at any rate, take from that what you will
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krist wrote: »

Wow, we are actually right about the same time then. I came up with Krist because I wanted something similar to Kris, and I figured add a "t" at the end and got Krist to make it a little different.

Mine was because a buddy in college shortened my name from Kristian to Krist cause he thought he was being clever. It stuck. So people started calling me Krist.

So we have two people claiming to be Krist. I hope a Holy War doesn't break out. ;)

Edited by FortheloveofKrist on May 1, 2016 5:23PM
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its like anything in a game after a while it gets boring, just fighting back and forth, Now if you could put up an amount of gold from both players and winner takes all then that would keep things interesting...

Would have to limit the amount of gold to like 500 or something so it couldn't be abused...well badly abused anyways lol.
  • FortheloveofKrist
    FortheloveofKrist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reevster wrote: »
    Its like anything in a game after a while it gets boring, just fighting back and forth, Now if you could put up an amount of gold from both players and winner takes all then that would keep things interesting...

Would have to limit the amount of gold to like 500 or something so it couldn't be abused...well badly abused anyways lol.

If it was in an "arena" of sorts, it would be nice to bet on your own match to win. Be even better if it was gold, cause I could care less about losing Tel Var stones.

• arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My name is Krist, and I was a griefer. I hated duelers in IC and Cyro. I would break them up repeatedly whenever I encountered them. What I didn't realize is... I was the d***. I griefed for the reason most people hate things: ignorance. The best treatment for ignorance is always experience.

So I ran into a yellow enemy in IC yesterday night, he hit me once, I hit him once, and then we stared at each other for a sec. We dueled repeatedly for about 45 minutes. It was some of the most fun I have had in this game, and I mean by a long shot.

So my hat is off in apologies to anyone I ever offended with my ignorant behavior. Dueling is a s***ton of fun. And it really should be part of the game in some fashion. My only regret is that I could not realize it without experiencing it. However, I think I'll be more open to different types of gameplay from here on out. So that's a win.

Seriously, holy **** was it entertaining. Even to watch others duel. But don't worry, I'm getting my deserved grief from others who break up duels. Goes around...comes around.

Sincerely,
    FortheloveofKrist

Hey there, mate.

No need to be sorry. Unless the two were roleplaying (which I doubt they would do in a PvP zone), you're not doing what you think you are doing.

If people are griefing you for interrupting the duel, then poor them, they need to find a better spot to duel.

Now, if they are roleplaying, that's another story altogether. But as far as I can tell, roleplaying was not involved in your interruptions, so tell those people who are dueling and giving you grief "Then don't duel in a PvP zone. Or find a better place to duel."

Arena25
    If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!