The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Poison dmg and poisons

Xvorg
Xvorg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I have a friend who is interested in playing ESO once he gets a PS4. I've been telling him about the game since some time ago. Yesterday I was telling him about the DB patch (which is the thing he's waiting to get the PS4) and at some point he got really confused.

I explained him about the introduction of poisons and he pointed out if these poisons were different from poison dmg, which they are. Then I went to explain him about the changes in DKs for poison attacks and he understood that DKs attacks with poison weapons still did flame attack, but poisoned... it took me a while explain him again the difference between poisons and poison dmg and I don't think he really got it.

I think it can be very confusing for people unrelated to the game, and for new people to undesrtand the difference between poison and poison, so, I suggest a minor change for the tooltip: we keep on talking about poison (dmg) and, instead of talking about the DBs poisons, why we don't talk about Venoms? That require only a minor change only for bow line poison arrow morph, whose name, instead of being "venom arrow" could be changed to "venomous arrow", but it will be less confusing for newcomers, as well as for people who wants to come back to the game.
Edited by Xvorg on April 30, 2016 1:29PM
Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
In the wrong house
With the wrong ascendancy
I took the wrong road
That led to the wrong tendencies
I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
On the wrong day of the wrong week
Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if I understood what you mean.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Not sure if I understood what you mean.

Exactly! He's explaining the difference between Poison(Alchemy) and Poison(Attack damage) which uses the same name, but do completely different effects.
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should be named "toxins" and not poison. Venom specifically refers to animal sources, while toxins is broad and includes plants.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But... doesn't the poison, when equipped, do 'poison damage'?
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree there are too many different things using the same terms. Somehow we need to be able to distinguish what we are talking about or our discussions will become unintelligible. Imagine trying to talk about the damage a DK does in battle when using (alchemy) poisons AND skills with poison effects AND poison enchant on a weapon. So lost we will be.

And noobs? No way will they get it.
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should be named "toxins" and not poison. Venom specifically refers to animal sources, while toxins is broad and includes plants.

Yup, it is a good idea too and I think it reflects better the idea related to the patch.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • JoshenReborn
    JoshenReborn
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno this guy has a point. It's already becoming a bit confusing and the patch isn't out. Toxins has a cool ring. Unless crafted poisons are effected by mighty in which case it all makes sense.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno this guy has a point. It's already becoming a bit confusing and the patch isn't out. Toxins has a cool ring. Unless crafted poisons are effected by mighty in which case it all makes sense.

Why wouldn't it? If it is a POISON, it should benefit from CPs that improve poison damage. Has anyone on PTS did any testing to see whether or not Poison enchantments are or aren't effected by Mighty?
    Edited by ADarklore on April 30, 2016 4:53PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****